Author Topic: Recall petition filed against Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)  (Read 4339 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: Recall petition filed against Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 02:35:42 PM »

Jindal, a rising star in the republican party, apparently stood on principle.

Recall petition filed against Gov. Bobby Jindal

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Louisiana Secretary of State's Elections Division says it has received a recall petition for Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal.

The move comes amid Jindal's refusal to veto a pay raise for state legislators.

Forcing a recall election against Jindal will be a tough task.

It would require verifiable signatures from well over 900,000 registered Louisiana voters.

"The voters of our state are angry that the legislature more than doubled their own pay and I agree with them," Governor Bobby Jindal said when asked for reaction to the petition.

"It was excessive and they should reverse it. I'm sure more voters will take extraordinary steps to show their anger over the pay raise before this is all said and done - that's how a democracy works," Jindal said.

More

The pay raise was originally triple (3 times) the base of new legislators salaries. Don't know about you, I never received more than a 20% pay raise in the same job position. So they compromised and only doubled the pay raise. This was a deal that Jindal made with the legislators. You pass my ethic and other bills and I will sign this pay raise. Does not sound like principle to me. It sounds like typical politics. The voters are pissed off, and I guarantee you that Jindal will not win re-election on the first ballot the next time around.

This recall is going nowhere with Jindal but it could with the 3 Repub legislators. Jindal would be smart to veto this bill; bring them back into to a special session or regular session and inform that he will sign a much smaller pay increase.  

That's very sad if what you say is true.

I don't know what to say about Jindal at this time, I just wonder if the LA legislature is so corrupt that they only respond to the highest bidder.

Lousiana politics is about as corrupt as it gets. But for some reason, the public isnt as aware of it.. I had high hopes for Bobbie Jindal, but if this is true, then i'm not surprised. Jindal would be swimming against the tide to turn an entire state around in such a short time.

he either falls to the special interest groups (used to be the mob) ... or he has a short, horrid death in his career or in his life.

which would you pick?