Interests > The Book Club

The Conservative Cave Traveling Library

(1/6) > >>

Big Dog:
(Admins, please sticky this thread).

If you're like me, and I know I am, you have books you have read and enjoyed, and are ready to part with. Some of those books may be inspirational, some may be thought-provoking, and some may be fun- but they all have one thing in common: they're taking up valuable bookshelf space that could be holding new books.

Obumazombie and I hit on an idea for a lending-library and pay-it-forward book club: The Conservative Cave Traveling Library. Generous CCers can post available books in this thread, and inquisitive CCers can browse the selections. If you see a book that interests you, contact the sender by PM to make arrangements to transfer the book. Mailing costs and disposition after reading (options being- return to sender, kept by recipient, or place on the block for another worthy recipient) are between sender and recipient.

The opening move: I am sending Mark Levin's Liberty & Tyranny to Obumazombie.

When he finishes it, he is free to return it, keep it, give it away, or return it to circulation in the Traveling Library. I am also adding a liberty-related quote and my signature to the inside of the front cover, which everyone else is free to do as well. I think it will be great for books to amass quotes from Conservatives across the country (and beyond, perhaps) as they are circulated.

Later this weekend, I will post additional titles I am adding to the Traveling Library. I'll have some politics, philosophy, history, and fiction. I may also add some cookbooks that I don't use.

obumazombie:
The most awesome freaking Big idea ever. And big...really Big !

seahorse513:

--- Quote from: obumazombie on October 26, 2013, 08:07:17 AM ---The most awesome freaking Big idea ever. And big...really Big !

--- End quote ---
That is a great idea!!!!

Big Dog:
Here are the first four:

1. The Forgotten Man, A History of the Great Depression (2007) by Amity Shlaeys.

2. The 5,000 Year Leap (1981) by W. Cleon Skousen.

3. Freedom Manifesto (2007) by Steve Forbes and Elizabeth Ames.

4. Lion in the White House, A Life of Theodore Roosevelt (2007) by Aida D. Donald

IassaFTots:
What an awesome idea!  Too exhausted to think about reading right now, but I will be back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version