Author Topic: Inquest Told Teen Died After Taking Abortion Pills  (Read 831 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Inquest Told Teen Died After Taking Abortion Pills
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:14:38 PM »

An English teenager died from complications two weeks after taking two abortion pills, her mother told an inquest into her death this week.

Manon Jones, 18, described by her mother as a devout Christian teen, opted to terminate her pregnancy at six weeks because she feared the pregnancy would cause conflict within her "Muslim" boyfriend's family, the Daily Mail reported Friday.

The teen took the first dose of medication to terminate the pregnancy on June 10, 2005, and the second two days later. On June 15, Jones felt light-headed and experienced heavy bleeding so her boyfriend took her to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, England for a scan. She was told the scan was "normal," the report said.

Days later, Jones cut short a vacation with friends because she still felt unwell. She returned home and checked herself into Southmead Hospital.

She died July 27 after being taken off life support.

The cause of her death was hypovolemia, an abnormal decrease in blood volume, and shock caused by "retained products of conception," including the embryo, Dr. Hugh White told the inquest.

Is this the new "PC" term for a baby?..."retained product of conception"???  WTH???  Maybe she feared for her life from a "conflict within her "Muslim" boyfriend's family".

MORE

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Inquest Told Teen Died After Taking Abortion Pills
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »
Holy crap. That's really stretching the "clump of cells" meme! I would think the correct term would be "died from complications arising from an abortifacient".
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »

An English teenager died from complications two weeks after taking two abortion pills, her mother told an inquest into her death this week.

Manon Jones, 18, described by her mother as a devout Christian teen, opted to terminate her pregnancy at six weeks because she feared the pregnancy would cause conflict within her "Muslim" boyfriend's family, the Daily Mail reported Friday.

The teen took the first dose of medication to terminate the pregnancy on June 10, 2005, and the second two days later. On June 15, Jones felt light-headed and experienced heavy bleeding so her boyfriend took her to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, England for a scan. She was told the scan was "normal," the report said.

Days later, Jones cut short a vacation with friends because she still felt unwell. She returned home and checked herself into Southmead Hospital.

She died July 27 after being taken off life support.

The cause of her death was hypovolemia, an abnormal decrease in blood volume, and shock caused by "retained products of conception," including the embryo, Dr. Hugh White told the inquest.

Is this the new "PC" term for a baby?..."retained product of conception"???  WTH???  Maybe she feared for her life from a "conflict within her "Muslim" boyfriend's family".

MORE

Retained products of conception are the tissues additional to the embryo eg the beginnings of the placenta, which remain after a miscarriage or abortion.  If not removed they can cause infection.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »
Oh. It sounds so odd though.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »
Oh. It sounds so odd though.
Must be something lost in the translation from English to American.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.