Author Topic: Worst male bashing ads  (Read 1262 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Worst male bashing ads
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
You’ve seen him plenty of times on sitcoms; he’s the dumb, bumbling, idiot dad, husband and boyfriend who appears useless at everything but bringing home a paycheck. The message: Guys are dumb and women have to lead them around. This, of course, cues the laugh track. Yet a survey from an organization called Children Now found that two-thirds of kid respondents described men on TV as angry, while respondents from another group’s survey said men were portrayed as corrupt on TV by a 17 to 1 margin. Clearly, this is no laughing matter.

To highlight companies pushing anti-guy messages, we’ve compiled a list of the worst male-bashing ads from 2007 and 2008. Whether husbands are portrayed as useless, stereotypical men or absolute airheads, our list of worst male-bashing ads exposes them all.

Check out which worst male-bashing ads are the main offenders.   

Ads at link. http://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10_300/327_top_10_list.html

Some of the them are funny. But yes, the "Menz R stoopid" routine gets old.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: Worst male bashing ads
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »
Guys get bashed more simply because we take it better than women do. We'll just scratch our nuts, belch and move on. Mention a woman's shortcomings or make fun of her and you've got a war on yer' hands.

On Edit: Maybe the guy who wrote the article, Marc Voyer, is just a whinny little metrosexual like the ones on "Friends".
"I'll be gay for you"!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 11:14:08 AM by Uhhuh35 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
Guys get bashed more simply because we take it better than women do. We'll just scratch our nuts, belch and move on. Mention a woman's shortcomings or make fun of her and you've got a war on yer' hands.

On Edit: Maybe the guy who wrote the article, Marc Voyer, is just a whinny little metrosexual like the ones on "Friends".
"I'll be gay for you"!

I don't know, maybe he is a whiny little metrosexual.  That doesn't mean he does not have a valid point.

True, male-bashing ads and television shows and movies are no big deal, and if these were the only examples of anti-male bias in the US today, then there really wouldn't be much to get upset over.  However, these sorts of ads are very mild examples of a very real anti-male attitude that is pervasive in our nation - from family courts, where men are de-facto assumed unable to raise children, and assumed guilty of heinous acts without a shred of proof indicating their guilt and with no defence allowed; to criminal courts where when men and women are convicted of identical crimes with near-identical circumstances, the man is many times more likely to get a more severe sentence than the woman, than he is to recieve the same sentence as the woman; to schools, where typically male behaviors are discouraged, even punished, while typically female behaviors are encouraged, to the effect that boys are falling farther and farther behind girls in the education gap; to colleges, where despite the fact that more women enroll in college than men, special scholarships still exist just for women, while AFAIK no such scholarships exist exclusively for men.

Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:02:11 PM »
You’ve seen him plenty of times on sitcoms; he’s the dumb, bumbling, idiot dad, husband and boyfriend who appears useless at everything but bringing home a paycheck. The message: Guys are dumb and women have to lead them around. This, of course, cues the laugh track. Yet a survey from an organization called Children Now found that two-thirds of kid respondents described men on TV as angry, while respondents from another group’s survey said men were portrayed as corrupt on TV by a 17 to 1 margin. Clearly, this is no laughing matter.

To highlight companies pushing anti-guy messages, we’ve compiled a list of the worst male-bashing ads from 2007 and 2008. Whether husbands are portrayed as useless, stereotypical men or absolute airheads, our list of worst male-bashing ads exposes them all.

I love you. Now go iron my shirt.  :-)  :bolt:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »

I love you. Now go iron my shirt.  :-)  :bolt:

:rotf: :tongue:
I gotta put my shoes on. I've been barefoot in this kitchen all day.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:26:38 PM »

Yep.  Make fun of a guy, it's comedy gold and guys laugh along.  Make fun of a woman, you're made the target of a witch hunt for being a sexist pig.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 11:03:27 PM »
:rotf: :tongue:
I gotta put my shoes on. I've been barefoot in this kitchen all day.

Guys only care for that if the reason your barefoot is because you is nekkid.   :hyper: