Author Topic: DainBramaged's car hit by a drunk driver (IRS woes, too)  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: DainBramaged's car hit by a drunk driver (IRS woes, too)
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »
Why doesn't he take it to the collision shop at the dealership he works at?

If he's such a valued employee, he could get a demo for nothing.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 07:12:26 AM »
30 days?

30 f'n DAYS, to fix a car?

Pokey Joe's 24 Hour Drive Thru Pawn, Auto Parts, Adult Gift, Bait & Tackle, Discount Cigarette Outlet, and Paint & Body Shop can do it in less than a week!

He must be taking it to a union shop.  

The last time I had a car in the shop, the rental car company charged $80/day  (all paid by the other guy's insurance company), and I live in a blue (for now) state.

Given the way the brain-damaged primitive's lying about his problems with the IRS (I find it credible he has problems with the IRS, but don't believe the reasons for it that he gives), I'm guessing this:

He probably parks the vehicle on the street.  During the middle of the night so long ago, someone did a hit-and-run on the car, causing it considerable damage.  Probably yes, a drunk driver, and probably another vehicle near his was hit.

Because the culprit can't be identified, and he just has liability for insurance, the loss is his, not the insurance company's.

Well, now he needs the car again, as winter's coming on, and so he has to cough up some cash to get it repaired.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-21-11 11:33 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. I still would have to make up the difference between what they pay and rental cost
 I went down the road with them, $30 a day for 30 days. Can't get a car in this area for $30 a day, $45 is the min. I live in a Republican hell hole.

He probably didn't have insurance to start with. Otherwise, he'd known (if he bothered to read) about the "...loss of use thereof..." clause in auto policies.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 10:33:13 AM »
Funny you say that.  That place f-ing sucks... and I would know.  Hertz does offer lower rates to Priceline and Hotwire customers though.  I do agree with you, Hertz does overcharge for everything if you go directly through their website, reservation hotline or walk up to the counter with no reservation.

We have to use Hertz for business travel.  Oh well, ain't my money.

And DUmmies?  $45/day?  You can get a freaking SUV for that kind of money.  And if you think "red state hell" is expensive, try renting one in Chicago, LA, or NYC.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
We have to use Hertz for business travel.  Oh well, ain't my money.

And DUmmies?  $45/day?  You can get a freaking SUV for that kind of money.  And if you think "red state hell" is expensive, try renting one in Chicago, LA, or NYC.

Hertz is great with their business contracts.  If you're not traveling on business and just need a rental car for pleasure, go elsewhere.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
::)

The human cell function goes to equilibrium at .5 B/AC.
:lmao: I saw that too...At 3,the dude would be on the slab! :rotf:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
:lmao: I saw that too...At 3,the dude would be on the slab! :rotf:

Highest I've ever witnessed (not myself) was a 0.78 from an Aussie sailor.  Found passed out in a CONEX box during Rimpac in Pearl one year.  He was taken to Tripler.  Was later reported that it was one of the highest BAC's they'd ever seen that survived.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »
Highest I've ever witnessed (not myself) was a 0.78 from an Aussie sailor.  Found passed out in a CONEX box during Rimpac in Pearl one year.  He was taken to Tripler.  Was later reported that it was one of the highest BAC's they'd ever seen that survived.
Dracula, found passed out on the floor, was transported to the nearest bloodbank.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tucker

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »

I thought you were comatose at .5! Dead from alcohol poisoning.

That's one lucky sailor.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
I thought you were comatose at .5! Dead from alcohol poisoning.

That's one lucky sailor.

As our doc explained it, they can "appear" to be functionally normal even at very high BAC levels if they're suffering chronic alcoholism.

I know where I went to HS was on the edge of the Navajo reservation--police there would tell us about people who could pass a field sobriety test yet still blow a .3-.4 BAC.

We had some lady here who drove (with her kid) to Portsmouth, dropped him on the pier (heading out on a cruise) and she had a .49 BAC.  And still conscious and talking.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 02:47:16 AM »
As our doc explained it, they can "appear" to be functionally normal even at very high BAC levels if they're suffering chronic alcoholism.

I know where I went to HS was on the edge of the Navajo reservation--police there would tell us about people who could pass a field sobriety test yet still blow a .3-.4 BAC.

We had some lady here who drove (with her kid) to Portsmouth, dropped him on the pier (heading out on a cruise) and she had a .49 BAC.  And still conscious and talking.

I don't think that a person can drink enough alcohol in a 24 hour period to blow a .3. That's like a 3 day drinking binge.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 03:20:24 AM »
I don't think that a person can drink enough alcohol in a 24 hour period to blow a .3. That's like a 3 day drinking binge.

Or a full bottle of hard liquor ala John Belushi.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »

Yeah it has alot to do with tolerance. Body weight as well.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
K & R  :lmao:

In third party claims, the other person's insurnace pays for the "loss of use" of his vehicle while it's being repaired.

On top of that, most insurance companies have contracts with rental car companies to "take what they pay"

DuMMIES lie, as always...lol

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »
K & R  :lmao:

In third party claims, the other person's insurnace pays for the "loss of use" of his vehicle while it's being repaired.

On top of that, most insurance companies have contracts with rental car companies to "take what they pay"

DuMMIES lie, as always...lol
DUmmies forget that many of us are working stiffs.
We're not executive types, just working people that are sick of our labor going to parasites.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »
The IRS won't come after you unless you refuse to deal with them. If you think they're wrong take your information to a tax prepare person and have them do a new return. The IRS will then amend your taxes for that year. If you owe and you know you owe, just set up a payment arrangement. We did this one year when we owed. They were very nice about it. There were even a couple of times when I needed to send them less than the regular payment. I called them and let them know before my monthly payment was due and they were fine with it. But all this crap would end for the DUmmie and everyone else if we'd go to a flat tax or fair tax. The IRS does have a little too much control. Still, shouldn't the DUmmie appreciate having to pay more? There are people who are poorer and could use her money.

Cindie

Yeah,....not very patriotic when it happens to them.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 04:50:24 AM »
The IRS won't come after you unless you refuse to deal with them. If you think they're wrong take your information to a tax prepare person and have them do a new return. The IRS will then amend your taxes for that year. If you owe and you know you owe, just set up a payment arrangement. We did this one year when we owed. They were very nice about it. There were even a couple of times when I needed to send them less than the regular payment. I called them and let them know before my monthly payment was due and they were fine with it. But all this crap would end for the DUmmie and everyone else if we'd go to a flat tax or fair tax. The IRS does have a little too much control. Still, shouldn't the DUmmie appreciate having to pay more? There are people who are poorer and could use her money.

Cindie

A couple of years ago, I got a letter from the IRS.  Seems that they took offense with my childcare tax credit.  I took a look, and they were right--I overstated it by 5 grand.  So, I called their call center to tell them that I had received their letter, that they were correct in their assertion, and that the check for the amount in question would be in the mail ASAP.  As soon as I hung the phone up, I sent that check.  I was told, by some workers of a NYS T&F call center who work 20 feet from me, that they never get calls like that, and that I most likely made some IRS call center employee's month with that call.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 05:04:16 AM »
Again, total BS.

The drunk driver's insurance is responsible for the repairs to your car, AND the cost of a rental car while yours is being repaired.  I know, I've had to do it twice from being hit by DUmbasses not paying attention while I was delivering mail.

DUmmies lie, all the time!

Absolutely.   The $30/45 comes when you are using your own insurance (as it is the insurance you purchased).   He has an '07 Cobalt, and they are responsible for putting him in a comparable vehicle - no upgrades, so they will put him in a compact.  :) 

They are getting so lazy with these stories lately.