Interests > Hobbies

Crochet

(1/9) > >>

Miss Mia:
I do some crochet, hats and scarves mostly.  I don't do anything too fancy on the scarves just a double stitch and the hat is a cute pattern I found for a "skull cap" type of hat.

I haven't been to adventurous.  I tried starting a blanket once but I started out making it waaay too long so it would have taken me forever to finish so I just gave up.  That's pretty much why I stick with scarves.  LOL

Anyone else here crochet?

Lord Undies:
Is it anything like knitting?  Or needlepoint?  My wife does needlepoint.

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Miss Mia on May 28, 2008, 04:03:40 PM ---I do some crochet, hats and scarves mostly.  I don't do anything too fancy on the scarves just a double stitch and the hat is a cute pattern I found for a "skull cap" type of hat.

I haven't been to adventurous.  I tried starting a blanket once but I started out making it waaay too long so it would have taken me forever to finish so I just gave up.  That's pretty much why I stick with scarves.  LOL

--- End quote ---

Is that where one uses those miniature poles with a hook at the end, or a sort of a hook?

My mother used to do that.

And so did Edward VIII of England.

Alas, I have no samples of her handiwork.

I do however have some sort of "baby blanket" that was made for me before I was born, by an ancient Lithuanian woman, a refugee, that took her months and months to make.  Some sort of really intricate needlework.  It's mostly yellow.  I have no idea what this sort of thing is called, but it's not quilting, it's not crocheting, it's not sewing.

jendf:
A couple of months ago, I took a beginner's crochet class at JoAnn's Craft Stores. It was two nights for a total of four hours. The class was small so there was lots of personal attention. That was good because I needed it!

I made a nice scarf, almond colored with a maroon edging. I won't wear it much since I live in Phoenix. LOL. But at least it turned out nice.

I haven't picked up a crochet hook since. If I don't have someone standing over me, guiding me, I think I'm forever lost.

I should try and do something small again just to keep the skill fresh in my mind.

MrsSmith:

--- Quote from: franksolich on May 28, 2008, 04:37:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Miss Mia on May 28, 2008, 04:03:40 PM ---I do some crochet, hats and scarves mostly.  I don't do anything too fancy on the scarves just a double stitch and the hat is a cute pattern I found for a "skull cap" type of hat.

--- End quote ---

Is that where one uses those miniature poles with a hook at the end, or a sort of a hook?

My mother used to do that.

And so did Edward VIII of England.

Alas, I have no samples of her handiwork.

I do however have some sort of "baby blanket" that was made for me before I was born, by an ancient Lithuanian woman, a refugee, that took her months and months to make.  Some sort of really intricate needlework.  It's mostly yellow.  I have no idea what this sort of thing is called, but it's not quilting, it's not crocheting, it's not sewing.

--- End quote ---
I wonder if that is tatting?

I crochet some.  I've done quite a few baby blankets and Christmas stockings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version