Author Topic: Netflix - Gay agenda  (Read 21090 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Netflix - Gay agenda
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
You can remove the category. Getting to the page where it can be dismantled is not easy. Heres a link that should take you there. I got tired of looking at it as well. remove

I didn't do that but after my call to Netflix where the woman told me they couldn't remove it, it did disappear just one day.  I don't know where it went but it hasn't been back.  But after watching "I love you Phillip Morris" it will probably pop back as hubby said.  He saw it in my listing and goes "No wonder we got the gay movies"   :lmao:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Finola

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 11:41:25 PM »
Netflix - I just called them because in the movie genre's there is Gay & Lesbian as a subgroup.  I called them to ask how to get rid of that because I don't like my kids seeing the titles and I frankly don't want to see that crap.  They told me that someone high up made the decision that there are like 6 subgroups that you are forced to look at whenever you scroll through the movies.  1) Horror 2) Independent 3) Gay & Lesbian 4) Action Adventure 5) Science Fiction etc. 

What do I do besides cancelling?

Thank you Gina for posting this online!!! I just got Netflix, and my fiance and I moaned when we saw that category. Was going to cancel Netflix if I couldn't remove it. Followed the suggestion  about accounts, and cultures, and never, and so far it's off my main screen and my Roku. Wanting to remove the Gay & Lesbian category comes up instantly on all engine searches, which means it is a popular question. The majority of us are burned out on having the "alternative lifestyle" thrown at us on TV, in elections, and online. I think it creates more homophobia if not downright hatred to be honest. Respect and tolerance has to work both ways for it to be successful.  ::)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 06:33:01 AM »
What they desire most is legitimacy.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SKR

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 02:45:21 AM »
You can remove the category. Getting to the page where it can be dismantled is not easy. Heres a link that should take you there. I got tired of looking at it as well. remove

At the risk of reopening an old topic I just had to sign up to let you all know how I figured out how to block this from appearing in the Genres drop-down menu once and for all.

Here are the steps you need to do: (note that this will block the genre this for everyone that uses Netflix from this browser)
  • Download AdBlock for your browser of choice from here: https://getadblock.com/
  • Once AdBlock is installed go to the options and be sure that "Add items to the right click menu." is turned on.
  • Go to NetFlix.com and sign-in.
  • Hover over the Genres drop down menu
  • Right-click on "Gay & Lesbian" or whatever other Genre you want to block (for all users)
  • Select "Block this ad" from the pop-up menu
  • AdBlock will come up with a "Step 1: Figure out what to block" and should say that the block element is <A
    href="http://movies.netflix.com/WiGenre?agid=5977" >

• Click "Looks good" and "Block it!" on the Last step
  • That's it! You're done and it is no longer shown! Just a nice blank area :hyper:

See the attached images for aid in the directions.

Mind you if they ever change their web site code or agid to something else, you'll have to do this again. You'll also have to do this on any other browsers that are on the same or different computer.

P.S. for power users you can simply go to the AdBlock Options and under Customize add this line to the manually edited filters:
movies.netflix.com##A[href="http://movies.netflix.com/WiGenre?agid=5977"]

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:52:21 AM by SKR »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »
But I don't use Netflix on my computer. :???:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SKR

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »
But I don't use Netflix on my computer. :???:

Yeah, I know, there is not much we can do about that.
That's why I went and got myself an old Mac mini to connect to my TV instead of an Apple TV or something else. I can have more control over what is being pushed on me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
Yeah, I know, there is not much we can do about that.
That's why I went and got myself an old Mac mini to connect to my TV instead of an Apple TV or something else. I can have more control over what is being pushed on me.
Does your Mac mini have a Blue-Ray player? :-)

My Netflix portal is a Blue-Ray player that supports Netflix, YouTube, and a couple other apps.  It's not very customizeable.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SKR

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
Does your Mac mini have a Blue-Ray player? :-)

My Netflix portal is a Blue-Ray player that supports Netflix, YouTube, and a couple other apps.  It's not very customizeable.

Actually… Yes!
http://www.macnews.com/2013/05/30/kool-tools-mce-internal-blu-ray-player-imac-mac-mini

It does all that you mention and more, plus very customizable.  :popcorn: