Author Topic: 'Darth Vader' spared jail in Jedi church attacks(not in Florida for a change)  (Read 7945 times)

Offline jtyangel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080514/ap_on_fe_st/odd_britain_vader_raider;_ylt=Anvki9slAewtWebWCqyYlPChOrgF

Oh, bijou...neighboring Wales alert. :o :tongue: Is this like the Welsh version of Scientology?  :o

HOLYHEAD, Wales - A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones — aka Master Jonba Hehol — with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court.

He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones — known as Master Mormi Hehol — bruising his thigh in the March 25 incident, prosecutors said.

The two cousins and Barney Jones' brother, Daniel, set up the Church of Jediism, Anglesey order, last year. Jedi is the faith followed by some of the central characters in the "Star Wars" films.

More at link :devious:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
'Darth Vader' spared jail in Jedi church attacks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 07:43:21 AM »
'Darth Vader' spared jail in Jedi church attacks

HOLYHEAD, Wales (AP) - A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones—aka Master Jonba Hehol—with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court.

He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones—known as Master Mormi Hehol—bruising his thigh in the March 25 incident, prosecutors said.

The two cousins and Barney Jones' brother, Daniel, set up the Church of Jediism, Anglesey order, last year. Jedi is the faith followed by some of the central characters in the "Star Wars" films.

The group, which claims about 30 members, says on its Web site that it uses "insight and knowledge" from the films as "a guide to living a better and more worthwhile life."

"We all love the films and what they stand for. Obviously some people are going to laugh about it," the Wales on Sunday newspaper quoted Barney Jones as saying last month. "But a lot of people do take it seriously."

Unfortunately for Hughes, his March attack was recorded on a video camera that the cousins had set up to film themselves in a light saber battle.

*snip*

In the 2001 United Kingdom census, 390,000—0.7 percent of the population—listed Jedi as their religion.

MORE

Is this anyone we know?   :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

Naughty lug...I beat you to the punch. It is now merged.  :-)

Offline Chris_

Hey, I was forced to do it.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

No, I think you were going SOLO on this one.  :popcorn: :hyper:

Offline Chris_

I gotta Han it to you for that one. 

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080514/ap_on_fe_st/odd_britain_vader_raider;_ylt=Anvki9slAewtWebWCqyYlPChOrgF

Oh, bijou...neighboring Wales alert. :o :tongue: Is this like the Welsh version of Scientology?  :o

HOLYHEAD, Wales - A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones — aka Master Jonba Hehol — with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court.

He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones — known as Master Mormi Hehol — bruising his thigh in the March 25 incident, prosecutors said.

Wales; the Florida of Britain.  :-)

Offline Chris_

ADVERTISEMENT

Wales; the Florida of Britain.  :-)
Old people and rednecks?

Offline Chris_

I gotta Han it to you for that one. 

I'm gonna leia BS on you for those bad puns. If you luke around, you won't see anyone else doing it.  Yoda though you guys were wookies instead of old timers.

Offline jtyangel

Is this the END.OR are we going to be subjected to more bad puns?  :evillaugh:

Offline Chris_

I'll have to check that totooine my bicep where I store all my puns.  it's not an easy Jabba.  You have to go to the Lando Lincoln for a harder one. Sabe?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:13:13 PM by freedumb2003 »

Offline jtyangel

I'll have to check that totooine my bicep where I store all my puns.  it's not an easy Jabba.  You have to go to the Lando Lincoln for a harder one. Sabe?

I think you need to go LIGHT and SABOR the moment.  :popcorn:

Offline ReardenSteel

I'd give my right hand to tell puns as well as you guys.   :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

They are very very good, we just need to sit back and enjoy the show.

Hey, you are very good at assembling IKEA desks..... don't you be selling yourself short.

Offline Chris_

Some of 'em are real stars at it, huh?

Offline ReardenSteel

Hey, you are very good at assembling IKEA desks..... don't you be selling yourself short.

Thanks. I can see mine was not punny enough for some.

Clearly this was not the pun you were looking for. Move along.

:tongue:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

Go ahead, call me slow, I've had a bad week.  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

Some of 'em are real stars at it, huh?

Et tu lug?

Damn it all, I know CC is punny but I R2. Frankly "I find your lack of faith disturbing".

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

Go ahead, call me slow, I've had a bad week.  :-)

Sorry Schade. I may be taking my Star Wars geekdom a tad seriously.  :innocent:

:cheersmate: here's to better weeks ahead.

- Ayn Rand