Author Topic: DUmmy grasswire On A Roll - Double Dribble Bouncy  (Read 1457 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy grasswire On A Roll - Double Dribble Bouncy
« on: December 21, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »
DUmmy grasswire, confined to her free sleeping room above the "farmette" garage by the lousy Wisconsin winter weather, has nothing to do but kill time, spinning bouncy tales. Yesterday, her international high finance banking account was savaged by Chase Bank when it got slammed by the tip on a sandwich shop lunch. Today, she completes a bouncy double dribble with a heartwarming lie about a homeless tweaker she bumped into at the grocery store:
grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-21-10 05:18 PM
Original message
open your angel eyes to those in need this week
My heart was broken today in a supermarket deli.

I saw a boy sitting with his hoodie drawn way up over his head, hiding his face. A dirty backpack at his side. His hands were red and trembling. He had a cup of water.

I went over and asked him if he was okay -- if I could buy him something to drink. He said no -- he didn't need anything. He was obviously not okay.

I asked the barista if she had seen him around. She told me that he, his sister and brother are homeless and they live in the street near her apartment. She said that he would not take any help.

He looked to be about 19. Same age as my nephew.

I went back to him. I made him take $20 -- would have given him more if I could, believe me. He kept saying "You don't have to do this." Yes, I did. He broke my heart and made me cry. I only wish I had asked him to bring his siblings to my little modest home for Christmas dinner.

So I urge you to open your eyes to look for the person who needs a hand on the shoulder, a smile, a cup of soup, a bit of cash. This week is especially hard for so many lonely folk.

You can be an angel to someone, even in a small, small way.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x52188
I hope she didn't get that twenty from her overdrawn Chase debit card. All hell would break loose.

DUmmy japple BELEEEEVES:
japple  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-21-10 05:49 PM
Response to Original message
1. Dearest grasswire, your post brought tears to my eyes. I hope
everyone will read and heed your post. Even if you have already given as much as you think you can spare, give more. You will get so much more in return. If you can't give cash, give time. If you can't spare the time, give food, money, blankets, warm clothes.

Blessings and peace to all.

Another DUmbass with tears in his eyes:
Jeffersons Ghost  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-21-10 05:53 PM
2. the world needs more people like you and less people in his condition

Every time a DUmmy lies, another angel gets its wings.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: DUmmy grasswire On A Roll - Double Dribble Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
How cute. 

The barista at Starbucks inside Albertson's knew exactly who this woman was talking about.  AND, it just happened to be so that the homeless siblings lived near the barista's apartment AND she knew his background story.  I'm surprised grasswire didn't have the barista tell her what happened to their parent's.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »
I only wish I had asked him to bring his siblings to my little modest home for Christmas dinner.

Hey, it's not too late!  The barista knows where to find them  :whistling:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »
Hey, it's not too late!  The barista knows where to find them  :whistling:

Yeah.

I mean, it's not as if the grasswire primitive lives in Milwaukee or something; she lives in a place small enough that she can walk right back there--the grasswire primitive walks to buy groceries daily because "it's European"--in a few minutes, and invite them in.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »
So I urge you to open your eyes to look for the person who needs a hand on the shoulder, a smile, a cup of soup, a bit of cash. This week is especially hard for so many lonely folk.

How do you know we don't already do that? just because we don't talk about it doesn't mean we don't do it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 05:34:43 PM »
japple  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-21-10 05:49 PM
1. Dearest grasswire, your post brought tears to my eyes. I hope
everyone will read and heed your post. Even if you have already given as much as you think you can spare, give more. You will get so much more in return. If you can't give cash, give time. If you can't spare the time, give food, money, blankets, warm clothes.

Blessings and peace to all.

Calpig sockpuppet?

And yeah, total bouncy. Zero bongs. I might have given it at least one if a cop had jumped out of the bushes and arrested the alleged lad on vagrancy charges.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »
Calpig sockpuppet?

Yeah, that really stuck out.

I think however it's just a CalPig wannabe.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:44:11 PM »
Excuse me but I'm just a dumb hillbilly.

Just what the hell is a barista? I've never heard of the word.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
Excuse me but I'm just a dumb hillbilly.

Just what the hell is a barista? I've never heard of the word.

Fancy word for coffee shop employee.

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
That thread needs some Bobbolink goodness!  C'mon Bobbo where are you?

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:56:36 PM »
Ouch. Freeper killjoy.

progressiveinaction (25 posts)    Tue Dec-21-10 05:52 PM
3. That''s very heartwarming and good on you!

But why not offer him a place to stay?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 06:13:52 PM »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »
I only wish I had asked him to bring his siblings to my little modest home for Christmas dinner.

Easier said than done, when your "little modest home" is the bonus room over someone else's garage.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 07:18:23 PM »
Easier said than done, when your "little modest home" is the bonus room over someone else's garage.
:-) :lmao:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »

Over the years, one's acquired this impression that the grasswire primitive's a silly old woman.

During the Bush administration, she whined about the "lousy Bush economy."

And then sometime in 2008, she whined about how a relative's restaurant had fallen on bad times, and had to close.  She commented how well it had done, how business had been good, steadily increasing.....early 2001 through mid-2007.

Uh; one wonders who controlled Congress up until early 2007.

She's also very proud that she can claim Canadian citizenship under some sort of law that was passed a few years ago.....and so one wishes she would go ahead and do that, and one suspects she doesn't because then she can't enjoy the benefits of being American.

She's a rabid garage-sale shopper (yard sales, rummage sales, whatever one calls them), and occasionally sells something on eBay, but one has the impression it just provides her a nickel or dime here and there.

Her latest silliness--that I've seen; there inevitably must be more--was her declaration that she shops for groceries daily, walking to the store and buying a bagload each day, because it's "European."

Whoop-de-doo.

She's a regular in the cooking and baking forum, but she's far from the personality, depth, and oomph! of Mrs. Alfred Packer.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:31:45 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline true_blood

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
Over the years, one's acquired this impression that the grasswire primitive's a silly old woman. During the Bush administration, she whined about the "lousy Bush economy." And then sometime in 2008, she whined about how a relative's restaurant had fallen on bad times, and had to close.  She commented how well it had done, how business had been good, steadily increasing.....January 2001 through mid-2007.
She's also very proud that she can claim Canadian citizenship under some sort of law that was passed a few years ago.....and so one wishes she would go ahead and do that, and one suspects she doesn't because then enjoy the benefits of being American.
Funny how that happens, huh? :-)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »
Over the years, one's acquired this impression that the grasswire primitive's a silly old woman.

During the Bush administration, she whined about the "lousy Bush economy."

And then sometime in 2008, she whined about how a relative's restaurant had fallen on bad times, and had to close.  She commented how well it had done, how business had been good, steadily increasing.....early 2001 through mid-2007.

She's also very proud that she can claim Canadian citizenship under some sort of law that was passed a few years ago.....and so one wishes she would go ahead and do that, and one suspects she doesn't because then she can't enjoy the benefits of being American.

She's a rabid garage-sale shopper (yard sales, rummage sales, whatever one calls them), and occasionally sells something on eBay, but one has the impression it just provides her a nickel or dime here and there.

Her latest silliness--that I've seen; there inevitably must be more--was her declaration that she shops for groceries daily, walking to the store and buying a bagload each day, because it's "European."

Whoop-de-doo.

She's a regular in the cooking and baking forum, but she's far from the personality, depth, and oomph! of Mrs. Alfred Packer.

My dad, aunt and uncle can claim Canadian Citizenship under the same, and actually, you end up holding dual citizenship, so you could theoretically get the benefits of both countries. 

She probably just doesn't want to pay the fee that is required when sending in the documentation to get the official paperwork from Canada. 

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
She probably just doesn't want to pay the fee that is required when sending in the documentation to get the official paperwork from Canada.
Maybe, but bear in mind that DUmmies lie, all the time.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »

I'm going with she can't afford it. She is a DUmmy after all.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
Her "European" style shopping is stupid.  Why get taxed everyday when you can buy for the week and get taxed once.  They wonder why they have no money.

And yes.  They lie.  A LOT.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 05:14:33 AM »
I'm going with she can't afford it. She is a DUmmy after all.

Why should I pay for it. It should be free. I mean, after all, I pay my taxes. [/DU mode off]
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 06:25:44 AM »
I now know why most of the DUmmies can't be gainfully employed or do much beyond sitting in front of their Mom's computer screen - they always have tears obscuring their vision.  Their crocodile tears have been fast and furious when they're not wishing death and pain on those who don't share their sick, twisted view of the world.

Offline Karin

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 07:32:34 AM »
No kidding, Whiffleball.  My first two reactions upon reading the tale were: 1)  Where'd you get that $20?  and 2)  STOP ALL THE CRYING. 

This story read like a very bad made-for-TV episode on the Lifetime Channel, or a cheap off-brand greeting card from the Dollar Store.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »
No kidding, Whiffleball.  My first two reactions upon reading the tale were: 1)  Where'd you get that $20?  and 2)  STOP ALL THE CRYING. 

This story read like a very bad made-for-TV episode on the Lifetime Channel, or a cheap off-brand greeting card from the Dollar Store.

Hey!! There's all kinds of bargains in dollar stores.