Author Topic: It's anti-Semite nite at the dump  (Read 928 times)

Offline zeitgeist

It's anti-Semite nite at the dump
« on: June 02, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
It's anti-Semite nite at the dump, all the regulars stop by ...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4409353

Scurrilous  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-02-10 05:04 PM
Original message
Biden: Israel right to stop Gaza flotilla from breaking blockade
 Source: Haaretz

VP Biden tells Charlie Rose that the Israel Navy might not have needed to drop commandos onto the Gaza-bound ship, but insists that Israel is entitled to defend its security.

<snip>

"U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday defended Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip and its decision to intercept the pro-Palestinian flotilla bringing humanitarian aid to the coastal territory, though he did not go so far as to defend the botched Israel Navy raid that killed nine people earlier this week.

In an interview with Charlie Rose, Biden pointed out that Israel had given pro-Palestinian activists the option of unloading their cargo at the Ashdod port, and offered to bring it to the Gaza Strip on their behalf.

"They've said, 'Here you go. You're in the Mediterranean. This ship -- if you divert slightly north you can unload it and we'll get the stuff into Gaza,'", he said. "So what's the big deal here? What's the big deal of insisting it go straight to Gaza? Well, it's legitimate for Israel to say, 'I don't know what's on that ship. These guys are dropping… 3,000 rockets on my people.

"Look, you can argue whether Israel should have dropped people onto that ship or not -- but the truth of the matter is, Israel has a right to know -- they're at war with Hamas -- has a right to know whether or not arms are being smuggled in."

Read more: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/biden-isr...

Refresh | +8 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-02-10 05:07 PM
Response to Original message
1. Our foreign policy vis-a-vis Israel sucks...
 there seems to be no bounds on what they can do and still be defended by us.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Kelvin Mace  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-02-10 05:08 PM
2. Israel had a right to simply disable the boat
 without dropping down from the sky guns blazing.

It also had the expertise to do just that. Instead, the Israeli government made a conscious, deliberate decision to murder people.

It is statements like Bidens' that prove to me time and again that American politicians have not an ounce of spine about Israel, and are prepared to defend what it does not matter how immoral, illegal or vile.

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-02-10 05:17 PM
Response to Reply #2
9. Well, no, they didn't have a right to disable that vessel.
 Edited on Wed Jun-02-10 05:17 PM by EFerrari
But the cornucopia of cr@p about what the right wing Israeli leadership is entitled to do reached mythic proportions long ago. To the detriment of the Israeli people and to ours, not to mention, to the people of Gaza.

IndianaGreen  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-02-10 05:24 PM
16. Israel would have murdered in cold blood the likes of Gandhi and Mandela were they Palestinians
 and Israel's megaphones in America would have gone in full spin accusing Gandhi and Mandela of being terrorists.

Wizard777 (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-02-10 06:15 PM
31. Hey Joe! The world has a right to know about Israels nuclear weapons as well as Iran's!
 Oh yeah, he forgot about that, didn't he? Just look at all the foreign and domestic issues Israel just forced Joe and the Democrats to abandon. We might as well start calling ourselves Republicans now. Because that's what we'll be when Israel is finished with Biden until that damned wall falls!

Wizard777 (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-02-10 06:18 PM

33. Hey Joe! Why can't we seal our boarders like Gaza?

Wizard777 (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-02-10 06:21 PM
34. Hey Joe! When are you gonna have the IDF start training the Arizona Police

My, my, my what a bunch of bee gats we got here. :heart:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: It's anti-Semite nite at the dump
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »
EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-02-10 05:17 PM
Response to Reply #2
9. Well, no, they didn't have a right to disable that vessel.
 Edited on Wed Jun-02-10 05:17 PM by EFerrari
But the cornucopia of cr@p about what the right wing Israeli leadership is entitled to do reached mythic proportions long ago. To the detriment of the Israeli people and to ours, not to mention, to the people of Gaza.

Beth is an idiot. Of course, we all knew that.

Hate to break it to you Beth, but Likud and Kadima (two largest parties in the Knesset) are centrist parties in Israel with Likud being a center right party. Want to talk right wing, gotta go with Shas and National Union. But then again, I wouldn't expect a DUmbass to know anything of international politics. They don't even know how ours work.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »
Well, Beth is right in a way. Disabling the vehicle would be worse than boarding it. At least the ship can still sail, rather than take up permanent residence at the bottom of the Med. I guess some DUmmies would rather the Israelis torpedoed the damn thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »
Israel has a legal right to blockade Gaza.  I seem to remember that in the past, blockade runners were sunk, and little thought was given to the safety or lives of the crew. Of course that was during our own Civil War.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »
Arctic Dave  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jun-02-10 05:24 PM
Response to Reply #13
15. Hamas, elected officials. Bibi, ****ing asshole murderer

israels government, cowardly shitbags. IDF commandos, cowardly shitbags.
HamASS and the other jihadists use human shields.  Tell me how that is NOT cowardly?

Kelvin Mace  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jun-02-10 05:39 PM
Response to Reply #4
27. No, he's saying half of what I said.

My disgust is with the complete lack of repudiation for cold-blooded murder.

There are several ways Israel could have stopped that ship without harming a single person aboard, yet the consciously decided to use murderous force.

A responsible nation (I know, that leaves out a LOT of people) uses force appropriate to the threat posed. A bunch kids pulling a wagon of Cheetos and window caulking to the neighbor you don't like is not a license to pounce on them from trees, guns blazing. Yeah, it is conceivable that they COULD be carrying bazookas for your neighbor to use on you, but there are at least a dozen ways for mature ADULTS to determine how much of a threat the wagon is that doesn't involve dead people.
Lurking DUmmies, please watch the video.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo[/youtube]

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »
1 man with paint ball gun vs several thugs with iron pipes and chains

why am I not surprised which side the DUmmies would take?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:12:16 AM »
Beth is an idiot. Of course, we all knew that.

Hate to break it to you Beth, but Likud and Kadima (two largest parties in the Knesset) are centrist parties in Israel with Likud being a center right party. Want to talk right wing, gotta go with Shas and National Union. But then again, I wouldn't expect a DUmbass to know anything of international politics. They don't even know how ours work.

Well, Mike, you have remember that she is the stupidest person on the internet, and to her, Eugene V. Debs was probably 'Center-Right.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »
Well, Beth is right in a way. Disabling the vehicle would be worse than boarding it. At least the ship can still sail, rather than take up permanent residence at the bottom of the Med. I guess some DUmmies would rather the Israelis torpedoed the damn thing.

I know I would! A bunch of Muzzie activists laying on the bottom of the sea is a good start!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »
I know I would! A bunch of Muzzie activists laying on the bottom of the sea is a good start!

A couple of Mk 48s would have taken care of this nicely.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »
I'm tired of this story.  The only thing I have to say is, I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Israel. 

Wish my Palestinian X would read this.   :bird: