Author Topic: Are You Prepared to Fight? Of Corpse!  (Read 2631 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Are You Prepared to Fight? Of Corpse!
« on: April 01, 2010, 03:37:58 AM »
(March 31) -- The last thing you ever hear is the moaning.

By that time, they've already surrounded your home, their fingernails scratching at the walls. The moaning grows louder, like the hum of a million bees. And just as you realize what they are and your terror is almost complete, a windowpane shatters ...

I'm talking, of course, about zombies.

© Berkley Trade Paperbacks/Penguin Group
"The Zombie Combat Manual" by Roger Ma gives practical advice for ghoul extermination, with vivid illustrations by Y.N. Heller.

Where are you right now? At your home computer? In the office? Take a look around. What is the nearest thing you could use as a weapon if the undead should come shambling through your doorway? How many could you take down with it? One? Two? Five?

What if you had to fight your way through 40 zombies? Maybe you've seen a zombie movie or two, but if you had to, could you kill one today? Bravado aside, are you absolutely positive you even know how to kill a zombie?

Fortunately, you probably haven't had to deal with the sick horror of a zombie apocalypse. Yet. But help is here with a new book by Roger Ma called "The Zombie Combat Manual: A Guide to Fighting the Living Dead." In it, Ma analyzes -- in extraordinary detail -- how to prepare physically and mentally to protect yourself in a zombie outbreak, particularly an extended one that could cover weeks or even months. ...
  http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/review-of-the-zombie-combat-manual-by-roger-ma/19421377

This looks like one of the most important books of 2010, you can't be over prepared!    :-)

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Are You Prepared to Fight? Of Corpse!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:12:48 AM »
I was having a discussion about this yesterday with hubby.  Call of Duty has Nazi Zombies on one of the games.  In that scenerio the zombies can be killed with a knife to the chest or a body shot.  I think this is teaching the youth of our world how to die at the hands of zombies.  I think it may be a government plot too.  Everyone should know that only a head shot or the removal of the zombie's head is going to destroy it.  To think of the millions of these games sold with every one of them misinforming the players about zombie survival is horrifying!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
Notice the flies buzzing around the zombie's head!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
I was having a discussion about this yesterday with hubby.  Call of Duty has Nazi Zombies on one of the games.  In that scenerio the zombies can be killed with a knife to the chest or a body shot.  I think this is teaching the youth of our world how to die at the hands of zombies.  I think it may be a government plot too.  Everyone should know that only a head shot or the removal of the zombie's head is going to destroy it.  To think of the millions of these games sold with every one of them misinforming the players about zombie survival is horrifying!
It's a sad day when you can't rely on computer games to teach the young survival skills, perhaps this should be on every school curriculum.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
Thankfully my neice (15) has already ordered this book!

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
It's a sad day when you can't rely on computer games to teach the young survival skills, perhaps this should be on every school curriculum.

I know!  And where are all of the space invader killing games anymore?  How are we supposed to know how to defend ourselves against aliens if video games don't teach us?  I weep for the future.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 02:29:20 PM »
I know!  And where are all of the space invader killing games anymore?  How are we supposed to know how to defend ourselves against aliens if video games don't teach us?  I weep for the future.

Frogger taught me how to cross the street. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »
Notice the flies buzzing around the zombie's head!  :-)

That would tend to indicate that it's either an (un)dead zombie, or a live DUmp monkey.  Either way, the prescribed treatment is the same: separate the head from the shoulders, and move on to the next one.   :-)

(Stick that in your poo and fling it, lurking DUmbasses!)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »
Frogger taught me how to cross the street. 

Was that you on the news the other day?  :p

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »
I loved Frogger, Ms. PacMan and Donkey Kong.  Simplicity.

I wouldn't be able to play todays' games.  :(

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
I loved Frogger, Ms. PacMan and Donkey Kong.  Simplicity.

I wouldn't be able to play todays' games:(

You should see Aion! The graphics are amazing. Just thinking about the computing power required to run that game hurts my head.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
You should see Aion! The graphics are amazing. Just thinking about the computing power required to run that game hurts my head.

My brother has a PS3.  I bought a few games for him and he has a few, one being Star Wars, Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto and Sonic...and the only one I can play is Sonic.  I am video-game challenged.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
My brother has a PS3.  I bought a few games for him and he has a few, one being Star Wars, Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto and Sonic...and the only one I can play is Sonic.  I am video-game challenged.

It was all downhill from Q*Bert.

lol

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Zombies = DUmpmonkies. .
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »
It's always a good rule of thumb to remove the head of any psycho killer, dead or alive who's been chasing you.  :-)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »
It's always a good rule of thumb to remove the head of any psycho killer, dead or alive who's been chasing you.  :-)

Good advice Randy will remember that :-)
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.