Current Events > Breaking News

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal

(1/7) > >>

Chris_:

--- Quote ---Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal

Kentucky Representative Tim Couch filed a bill this week to make anonymous posting online illegal.

The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site.

Their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site. The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

Representative Couch says he filed the bill in hopes of cutting down on online bullying. He says that has especially been a problem in his Eastern Kentucky district.
--- End quote ---

WHT???

:censored:

Crazy Horse:
And just so you can have fun..............point and laugh at the primitives

http://www.conservativescave.com/index.php?topic=3971.0

daveman:
Thanks loads, Tim Couch.  You're making Kentuckians look like idiots.   :whatever:

DixieBelle:
So I guess everything in the state of Kentucky is so peachy-keen that this is the most pressing issue for lawmakers??? Jeez.

OkieJohn:
What a wonderful idea.  I have always wondered if TNO was really Sean Penn or Alex Baldwin, and I missed a golden  opportunity.

The Internet is like a gun.  It allows us to be  verbally equal. 
Being anonymous allows the 130 pound idiot to kick sand in the face on a 250 pound person. 

However, saying things on the web you would never say to someone's face is just wrong. That should not be a standard bearer for equality.  I wonder how many students died because a personality was molded by interaction on the Internet. 

How many times have you gotten upset and carried that into public with you?  I have watched too many of my friends change because of the Internet.  People who use to be great people, not so much anymore.

Pumping out the communist manifesto wouldn't be so popular if people had to use their real names.  People rob banks and commit murder because they think their true identity will never be known. Is this a good time to bring up child molesters?

I feel the same about anonymous sources quoted in the news.  That's just disgusting!

If you truly believe what you say, Sign your name....

Do you really believe it is ok to have someone's sentiment or ideals influenced by a guy named BigBhudaBelly?

It should not be the web owners responsibility, but the ISP and the individual.  It is a simple thing for the ISP to add your true ID.  There's no freedom of speech issue here.  Make the world a safer place and have the Fed pass the law.

I am proud of who I am.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version