Author Topic: High taxes are not inherently bad  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
High taxes are not inherently bad
« on: January 29, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
Ardent15  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-29-10 02:16 AM
Original message
High taxes are not inherently bad

In fact, a progressive tax system leads to more income equality and a better society for ALL citizens.

But conservatives are short-sighted and seem to think that "greed is good." They make it sound good with phrases like "we believe we have the right to keep what we earn," when what they're really saying is, "**** society, look out for number one."

Is it any wonder that countries with a high tax on the wealthy have the highest standard of living?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7598294

Actually who is better for society? Someone who sits there with an open hand begging money from the govt or someone who works and takes care of all of their own needs?
That's right DUmmy the person who works and pays his or her own way is much better for society. You goons already get enough from Obama's stash that was provided by those who go to work instead of sitting around munching Cheetos and smoking dope all day.

You say its greed when someone provides for themselves instead of depending on govt to take care of them. That is not greed that is being a responsible adult. And for those who can't work there are tons of programs that we fund to help them out.

So quit crying that your neighbor has more money than you and get off your lazy ass and do something to better yourself. I am working a job that pays crap but, for now it's all that's out there and instead of whining that I can't afford stuff I am grateful I have enough to at least eat and keep gas in my truck to go to work. Meanwhile I am still searching for something better.

You are the ones who are short sighted. All you can see is that you want freebies and don't care one bit the consequences that will arise if we tax the piss out of the rich.

CaliforniaPeggy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-29-10 02:24 AM
Response to Original message
1. It's no wonder at all...   Updated at 9:09 PM

They refuse to see it.

Stubborn AND greedy.

What a combination...

Odds are ten to one I am more generous then any of you libs are and I usually don't have 2 nickles to rub together 2 days before payday.
You are half right I am stubborn. I stubbornly believe in freedom and that includes economic freedom.

FLDCVADem  (920 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-29-10 08:50 AM
Response to Reply #10
11. Yep

Repeal all of the Bush tax cuts.

And when your tax bill goes up, you will be howling like crazy.

DailyGrind51  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-29-10 06:41 PM
15. Not if you have guaranteed healthcare and secure pensions, they aren't!

We already have guaranteed health care you moron. Hospitals are required by law to treat you. Plus if you are poor there are clinics and tons of govt programs already in place to get you that healthcare.

And secure pensions is just laughable have you seen what Social Security looks like?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: High taxes are not inherently bad
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
CaliforniaPeggy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-29-10 02:24 AM
1. It's no wonder at all...   Updated at 9:09 PM

They refuse to see it.

Stubborn AND greedy.

What a combination...

Is that some new form of Haiku?  

Edited to add: I forgot, it's probably a Quatrain
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:05:57 PM by BEG »

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
Veal calves
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »
CaliforniaPeggy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-29-10 02:24 AM
1. It's no wonder at all...   Updated at 9:09 PM

They refuse to see it.

Stubborn AND greedy.

What a combination...
Didn't the CalPig not long ago post photographs to brag about the McMansion she was living in out there in Coliformia. And while her state is shutting down social services and letting poor people curl up on the sidewalk to die, the CalPig is living there like a transsexual king.

Offline kenth

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
I think CPeg gets paid to keep his poetry to himself.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
Somebody's being a stupid little idiot - oh, wait, I keep forgetting, these are Democrats/liberals we're talking about so, by comparison with his peers, this guy's a genius.

Offline Spirit of Ronald Reagan

• I like to play with matches
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »
Well, the equality part is right, all equally miserable.