Interests > The Book Club

New last book you read thread

(1/118) > >>

mamacags:
I hate having to wade through really long threads so I thought we could break it up a little.

I just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and started The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell.  I got maybe 50 pages into it and took it back to the library.  I am done with her, she does nothing but irritate the living shit out of me now. I don't know what it is about her now but it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I am reading Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover and starting Dean Koontz Breathless tonight.  I love Dean Koontz!

thundley4:

--- Quote from: mamacags on January 06, 2010, 02:21:41 PM ---I hate having to wade through really long threads so I thought we could break it up a little.

I just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and started The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell.  I got maybe 50 pages into it and took it back to the library.  I am done with her, she does nothing but irritate the living shit out of me now. I don't know what it is about her now but it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I am reading Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover and starting Dean Koontz Breathless tonight.  I love Dean Koontz!

--- End quote ---

Koontz's Odd Thomas series is great reading.  Fun and Scary.

Flame:

--- Quote from: mamacags on January 06, 2010, 02:21:41 PM ---I hate having to wade through really long threads so I thought we could break it up a little.

--- End quote ---

It's the total moonbat in her coming our in her Carpetta novels that's doing it...I had a similar reaction last time I read one of hers.

debk:
I have Scarpetta to read and haven't yet....took me forever to finish Book of the Dead....

I'm reading Lisa Jackson's Chosen to Die....it's a sequel to Malice... this guy is causing women driving alone through the snowy mountain passes in Montana to wreck their cars...rescues them, gets them healthy, then leaves then naked tied to trees in the forest where they freeze to death. That all happened in Malice. Now, in this one....he's captured one of the female detectives investigating the murders....

Chris_:

--- Quote from: Flame on January 06, 2010, 03:32:11 PM ---It's the total moonbat in her coming our in her Carpetta novels that's doing it...I had a similar reaction last time I read one of hers.

--- End quote ---

I passed on it as well after reading a review indicating that she spends the first third of the book bashing the Bush administration.......too bad, I used to really enjoy her stuff.......

Stephen King is another one that has gone the same way.......jumped the shark.

doc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version