Author Topic: Pity Party at the Dump  (Read 4295 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Pity Party at the Dump
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7081624

There is no joy in dumpville, mighty Barry has fouled out. :popcorn:

DollyM (544 posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 05:17 PM
Original message
Enough already . . . where is the ray of hope on the horizon from this Presidency?
 We run a small business and have one credit card left that we use to purchase supplies. Times are tough so we run a balance, hoping to hang on and pay it off someday. Today we got a push over the edge by our cc holder, Citibank, they are raising our rates to 18.99 percent. I swallowed a raise to 14 percent several months ago but this is ridiculous. We pay our bill on time every month, we never go over, in short, we have been a very good customer for Citibank. But we cannot continue using this card with our balance going to 18.99 percent. I can close it and continue and pay it off at the still high 14 percent but that doesn't help solve the problem of me being able to pay my supplies with no credit card. None of them will take debit cards, only one will take paypal. I am afraid that all Obama did was create a mess with the credit card reform and force little guys like us over the edge sooner. The cc rules should have been immediate. What were they thinking allowing the cc companies 

<snip>

Many dummies fuel the fire... :fuelfire:

Naturyl  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 05:20 PM
Response to Original message
1. Best wishes to you 
 And good luck... you're going to need it. Help is NOT on the way. 

theoldman (1000+ posts)      Tue Nov-24-09 05:28 PM
5. I am retired and my wife and I live on a limited income.
 We pay our credit cards off each month because we cannot afford the high interest rate. If your business does not bring in enough money to keep you above the poverty rate you are in real trouble. Is there a chance you can quit the business and work for a company that offers insurance?

Naturyl  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 05:35 PM
Response to Reply #5
12. That's how people get enslaved in jobs they hate 
 You advice is probably sound in a practical sense, but no one can blame the OP for wanting to hold onto their business even if it means sacrifice. Some people feel it's better to be poor on your own terms than well-off on someone else's, and I respect those people.

Got to love 'em they are soooooooooo predictable.

I like how Jake shoves the shiv in..........

AllentownJake  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 06:26 PM
21. I'm sorry
 The biggest kick in the ass is the US government is the largest single holder of Citigroup shares.

an here is another all time CU favorite funny man

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 08:17 PM
25. I can offer little solace, Dolly, but to you and your husband, I offer this .....

Sadly, you'll hear many people defending the status quo over real people in real trouble. Just yesterday, someone called the hurting people of Michigan "whiners" for not going along with the status quo.

Supposedly, these people are Democrats.

I don't know that type of Democrat.

along with

pitohui  (1000+ posts)       Tue Nov-24-09 08:17 PM
26. i'm tired of small business people who support bush/cheney pretending to be "concerned"
 Edited on Tue Nov-24-09 08:21 PM by pitohui
where is the ray of hope from this presidency? well let me tell you where is the ray of hope!!!

<snip graphic language alert>

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Pity Party at the Dump
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »
Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 08:17 PM
25. I can offer little solace, Dolly, but to you and your husband, I offer this .....

Sadly, you'll hear many people defending the status quo over real people in real trouble. Just yesterday, someone called the hurting people of Michigan "whiners" for not going along with the status quo.

Supposedly, these people are Democrats.

I don't know that type of Democrat.

Party line Democrats who support Obama at all costs, you moron!

:rotf: :loser: :hammer:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »
bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-24-09 08:23 PM
27. For many people, the words "Hope" and "Change" were enough.
 Those of us who wanted more than words were dismissed and harangued as "Purists".

Here's a crisis situation... I'm living in my car, and yet... where is the concern about ending homelessness?

At least your concerns are getting SOME action.

Mine?

HAH.

OMG!! Bobbo is homeless??? :o

Did anyone else know this?

Offline Oceander

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
It's a little funny how shocked some of the sheep act when they finally get doused with enough cold water to wake them from their Demo-stupor.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »

It is so darn hard to keep up with the living arrangements of dummies I doubt it.  Say, I wonder if he will be be hosting a New Years Secular Celebration in the back seat of the old Hudson?  Maybe Frank could go there for some feshly decanted Mogen David??

Wait until they catch up with this Iman quote at the dump :-)

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=GdqG2Gnzvk

Jimmy Carter stupid.  Priceless.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:28:13 AM by zeitgeist »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »
It is so darn hard to keep up with the living arrangements of dummies I doubt it.  Say, I wonder if he will be be hosting a New Years Secular Celebration in the back seat of the old Hudson?  Maybe Frank could go there for some feshly decanted Mogen David??
DUmmy bobbolink keeps it pretty quiet, she's such a stoic. She doesn't like to mention her personal situation much, living in a car out there in Denver, the Mile High City, in the front range of the Rockies, where it gets COLD. I doubt coach would be interested in spending New Year's Eve in the back seat with bobbolink. While he does subscribe to the philosophy of any port in a storm, this particular port would have some odiferous drawbacks.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »

Man, you're evil!

:II:

Loved it!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline CC27

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »

Bobbo has an internet connection through the cigarette lighter in the car? Welfare check mailed to the car? Gas money? I have many questions.  :popcorn:

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 12:51:17 PM »
The rate hikes are a DIRECT result from the democrats passing the credit card reform. In essence the donks forced the credit card companies to make everyone equal whether you pay your bills or not. Once again, the responsible are to pay for the irresponsible.

I have had a card for over 25 years that just went from 7.95% to 25.45% on balances. Never late, rarely carry any balance, and great credit score. Same thing with my wife.  This was an across the board raise, to be fair to the irresponsible, to all customers.

Soon to come due to the responsible supporting the irresponsible:

1. Rewards programs will be eliminated.
2. No more free cards.
3. Merchants are to be charged a larger percentage. Guess who ends up paying that increase?
4. Grace periods with no interest accumulation will be eliminated.

In short, personal credit will be dying. maybe we will all get a GovCard so our masters shall know our every move.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline kenth

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 01:19:03 PM »
27. For many people, the words "Hope" and "Change" were enough.
 Those of us who wanted more than words were dismissed and harangued as "Purists".

You go wino girl!  :-)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
Interesting I just read part of that stupid cheat sheet they are putting out to counter what us right wingers are saying and one of Lord O's accomplishments was making the credit card companies be nicer to people. I love it when DU helps debunk the propaganda they are trying to feed us.  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »
Interesting I just read part of that stupid cheat sheet they are putting out to counter what us right wingers are saying and one of Lord O's accomplishments was making the credit card companies be nicer to people. I love it when DU helps debunk the propaganda they are trying to feed us.  :lmao:
The delicious dense dump dwellers do deliver on delightful irony from time to time.  Take a look at this thread for a couple chuckles. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7081722

Lebam in LA  (484 posts)      Tue Nov-24-09 05:31 PM
Original message
I just found out that my paycheck will be short this month
 Seems dear Arnie (aka the governator) has decided to borrow from all us taxpayers. Says we will get paid back when we file our taxes next year. I must have been living in a hole the past several months. I knew CA was on the brink, but didn't know anything about them actually stealing from my paycheck.

I confess to having been tempted to make a suicide run on this thread to post the following, but, in truth, I have grown quite fond of my sole surviving mole and such an attack while fun, would have only been impetuous waste.

Steven Greenhut
Plundering California
Public-sector unions have brought the state to its knees.
23 November 2009
The economy is struggling, the unemployment rate is high, and many Americans are struggling to pay the bills, but one class of Americans is doing quite well: government workers. Their pay levels are soaring, they enjoy unmatched benefits, and they remain largely immune from layoffs, except for some overly publicized cutbacks around the margins. To make matters worse, government employees—thanks largely to the power of their unions—have carved out special protections that exempt them from many of the rules that other working Americans must live by. California has been on the cutting edge of this dangerous trend, which has essentially turned government employees into a special class of citizens.

<snip><

But the real scandal is a two-tier society where government workers enjoy benefits far in excess of those for whom they supposedly work. It’s past time to start cleaning up the mess by reforming retirement systems and limiting the public unions’ power. If we don’t, California’s financial problems will become insurmountable.

http://www.city-journal.org/2009/eon1123sg.html

Chuckle, snort chuckle. Hey lurking OC dummies, double dog dare ya to post the above article. 

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 06:27:37 PM »

She's not homeless!........She lives in her car! :evillaugh:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »

As much as it posts at the DUmp and the HOURS it posts at the DUmp I figure it must actually be living in the library.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »
Heck, why is she  :bawl: when she should be grateful she's GOT a car.
One suspects bobbolink could be provided with a mansion and she'd complain that she had to mow the grass.
 :whatever:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:27:13 PM »
As much as it posts at the DUmp and the HOURS it posts at the DUmp I figure it must actually be living in the library.

I totally doubt the veracity of the bobbling primitive, when it comes to this allegation.

The bobbling primitive has alleged for years to be living in her automobile.

The bobbling primitive is allegedly in her mid-60s.

It seems to me that living in an automobile for an extended time--and here, we're talking years--through cold weather and hot, through wet weather and dry, would lead to serious health and mental problems, especially in an older person.

Never mind the mental problems, as those seem endemic among the primitives no matter where they live.

But think about the health problems alone.

Think about it.

Sitting or laying inside a car for hours every day--not to mention for several years--would encourage bad body hygiene, messed up bowels, the growth of fat, ailments of the inactive, until one is reduced to a comatose state.

Not to mention the chances of bodily harm (especially for a woman) wreaked by crime and violence.

The bobbling primitive would've been dead a long time ago.

I imagine the most that ever happened was that the bobbling primitive, in between landlords, had to sleep in her automobile for two or three nights while getting ready to move in somewhere else.  Maybe one time, maybe some years ago, but the diseased mind of the bobbling primitive compels her to believe it is all the time.

I call bullshit.
apres moi, le deluge

Online miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »
I totally doubt the veracity of the bobbling primitive, when it comes to this allegation.

It seems to me that living in an automobile for an extended time--and here, we're talking years--through cold weather and hot, through wet weather and dry, would lead to serious health and mental problems, especially in an older person.

Never mind the mental problems, as those seem endemic among the primitives no matter where they live.

Think about it.

Sitting or laying inside a car for hours every day--not to mention for several years--would encourage bad body hygiene, messed up bowels, the growth of fat, ailments of the inactive, until one is reduced to a comatose state.

Not to mention the chances of bodily harm (especially for a woman) wreaked by crime and violence.

I imagine the most that ever happened was that the bobbling primitive, in between landlords, had to sleep in her automobile for two or three nights while getting ready to move in somewhere else.  Maybe one time, maybe some years ago, but the diseased mind of the bobbling primitive compels her to believe it is all the time.

I call bullshit.

Im with you Frank.  I don't believe for a minute what bobbo has to say.

KC

*Stolen

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
Yeah, should Bozolink actually live in her car, given her stated financial condition, we can assume the car does not run.

The city of Denver, although a liberal shit pile, would not allow a derelict vehicle to remain in any place longer than 3 days.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
Some people love to revel in their Victimhood, when more often than not their lot in life is of their own doing. You reap what you sow.

Maybe we should start a "Hug a Victim" day. Or better yet, "Kick a Victim" day.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Gary56

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

Think about it.

I imagine the most that ever happened was that the bobbling primitive, in between landlords, had to sleep in her automobile for two or three nights while getting ready to move in somewhere else.  Maybe one time, maybe some years ago, but the diseased mind of the bobbling primitive compels her to believe it is all the time.

I call bullshit.

I was thinking the same thing.  Total BS

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 02:42:51 PM »
And didn't we catch her making midnight posts?  I don't know any library that lets you stay that late.  That would be loitering/vagrancy, no? 

I think Frank's right.  She had to live in her car for a couple nights, and then decided that was the story she'd stick with. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 05:14:44 PM »
And didn't we catch her making midnight posts?  I don't know any library that lets you stay that late.  That would be loitering/vagrancy, no? 

I think Frank's right.  She had to live in her car for a couple nights, and then decided that was the story she'd stick with. 

She's posting from her Blackberry, from the back seat of the Buick.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 10:07:17 PM »

Think about it.

I imagine the most that ever happened was that the bobbling primitive, in between landlords, had to sleep in her automobile for two or three nights while getting ready to move in somewhere else.  Maybe one time, maybe some years ago, but the diseased mind of the bobbling primitive compels her to believe it is all the time.

I call bullshit.

Hasn't she gotten at least a couple of apartments or places to live through the government programs, but she refused to live in them because she always has some complaint that something about them isn't good enough, even though they're paid for by taxpayers and not herself?