Author Topic: Boy Floats Away In Balloon  (Read 8209 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Boy Floats Away In Balloon
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »
Sorry, but I saw part of that TODAY clip--right after the kid barfed.

Daddy has a look in his eyes like he knows he's gonna be spending a little "up close and personal" time with Bubba down in Canon City.  And given the FAA involvement and flight disruptions around DIA, methinks there might be some federal involvement.

Says I?  GOOD.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »
Sorry, but I saw part of that TODAY clip--right after the kid barfed.

Daddy has a look in his eyes like he knows he's gonna be spending a little "up close and personal" time with Bubba down in Canon City.  And given the FAA involvement and flight disruptions around DIA, methinks there might be some federal involvement.

Says I?  GOOD.

I only saw a later clip of it...I didn't see the kid throwing up...just heard about it.

I agree that it needs more investigation....especially after I heard late yesterday that the family won't be billed for anything.

Which the father probably already knew.....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 12:08:53 PM »
They are friggen crazy as hell

[youtube=425,350]lr_zA5E7n7A[/youtube]

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »
If you are bored watch the rest.  Then you will see why I think they are crazy as hell

2 of 5
[youtube=425,350]iBFU--1No1Q[/youtube]

3 of 5
[youtube=425,350]B_WTWSHUi5M[/youtube]

4 of 5
[youtube=425,350]sk37mEMuV9o[/youtube]

5 of 5
[youtube=425,350]jRfLDyIRoWE[/youtube]

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »
There's talk of potential fines and restitution being levied against the parents. Someone made a "false statement to officials" as it has become clear that the parents and one of the siblings KNEW that the 6 year old was at home, safe and sound. I think that the mother also made a false 911 report. I hope that they get their just rewards.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 01:15:02 PM »
There's talk of potential fines and restitution being levied against the parents. Someone made a "false statement to officials" as it has become clear that the parents and one of the siblings KNEW that the 6 year old was at home, safe and sound. I think that the mother also made a false 911 report. I hope that they get their just rewards.
Rumor control (local radio talking head) says they called 9-News BEFORE they called 911.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »
Rumor control (local radio talking head) says they called 9-News BEFORE they called 911.

If that's the case, drop the friggin hammer on them.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »
Video of the kid puking on live TV.  The dad's reaction at the 30 second mark is hilarious!!!

[youtube=425,350]FTa_Q0QggSk[/youtube]

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
Video of the kid puking on live TV.  The dad's reaction at the 30 second mark is hilarious!!!

[youtube=425,350]FTa_Q0QggSk[/youtube]

LOL  that is hilarious.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 01:41:15 PM »

This too strikes me curious.

Unless that kid suddenly took sick overnight I doubt he was having stage fright as the parents have raised their kids to be attention whores.

Syrup of Impecac?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 02:02:07 PM »
This too strikes me curious.

Unless that kid suddenly took sick overnight I doubt he was having stage fright as the parents have raised their kids to be attention whores.

Syrup of Impecac?

He did this during two different interviews, I guess.  Lying (or going along with a lie) can be stressful.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
He did this during two different interviews, I guess.  Lying (or going along with a lie) can be stressful.

According to what I heard on the Today show....they said (after the interview) the family had been up all night. That would be enough to make me sick too.

I heard he called the FAA before he called 911....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 02:38:54 PM »
There's video from the family now of the launch of the balloon.  The mom and the dad are right there (and the dad flips out).

[youtube=425,350]kh64EWfU8hg[/youtube]

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 02:44:56 PM »
The other woman that was in the "Wife Swap" show was just interviewed on Fox.

Yesterday when I heard her, she said she wouldn't be surprised if this was an attention getting hoax.

Now she just defended him and essentially said there was no way this was a hoax.

Guess someone told her she could be sued for libel and defamation of character...

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »
There's video from the family now of the launch of the balloon.  The mom and the dad are right there (and the dad flips out).

[youtube=425,350]kh64EWfU8hg[/youtube]

What is that suppose to prove?  I still call it a hoax.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:47:43 PM by BEG »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 02:53:28 PM »

How could you call that a hoax?!  You can clearly see the ... um ...thing ... right there on the ..... over by that ..... other thing.  How could it be a hoax?

:-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 02:55:41 PM »

It's supposed to prove it's a hoax.  It doesn't match the story they gave.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 04:34:53 PM »
It's supposed to prove it's a hoax.  It doesn't match the story they gave.

ah....I thought they were using it somehow to prove it wasn't a hoax.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
ah....I thought they were using it somehow to prove it wasn't a hoax.

I think that may have been THEIR intent, but it backfired.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »
Looks to me like daddy is an attention whore. What parent, that worries about their young children, being in sound mind, would take them chasing frikkin' TORNADOS?????????

I rest my case! This guy is a danger to his boys, pure and simple! What's the age of the oldest, 8? What a good idea! "Hey boys look, we're going to see a tornado up close and personal!" " Never mind that a cat 4 can throw a semi around like a Tonka Toy and we're in a POS SUV!"

Sheesh what an idiot! He needs some Psyche eval! To say nothing of a mother that would go along with this, though I doubt she has any choice after watching his temper on Greta. It's been my experience in domestics, that the weaker sex will actually put themselves in danger to please the abuser.

Pretty sure Children Services needs to get involved with this family.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:27:20 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2009, 12:01:59 AM »
I just read on FR that there will be charges brought against them. I knew it was a hoax. Crazy nutter.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2009, 07:06:20 AM »
They are friggen crazy as hell

[youtube=425,350]lr_zA5E7n7A[/youtube]

OMG they are insane.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »
Looks to me like daddy is an attention whore. What parent, that worries about their young children, being in sound mind, would take them chasing frikkin' TORNADOS?????????

I rest my case! This guy is a danger to his boys, pure and simple! What's the age of the oldest, 8? What a good idea! "Hey boys look, we're going to see a tornado up close and personal!" " Never mind that a cat 4 can throw a semi around like a Tonka Toy and we're in a POS SUV!"

Sheesh what an idiot! He needs some Psyche eval! To say nothing of a mother that would go along with this, though I doubt she has any choice after watching his temper on Greta. It's been my experience in domestics, that the weaker sex will actually put themselves in danger to please the abuser.

Pretty sure Children Services needs to get involved with this family.

People sure seem to be all too ready to involve Fascist agencies. I had heard that the Sheriff already has involved CPS. For what ?? Were there signs of abuse??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
He should have been arrested after he threw the food and then the drink at that woman in wife swap.     He has serious issues with the volume of his voice also -- screaming is so forced and so disturbing.   

His wife is a total loon also. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »
People sure seem to be all too ready to involve Fascist agencies. I had heard that the Sheriff already has involved CPS. For what ?? Were there signs of abuse??

If they had the kids in the car while chasing tornadoes there is a possibility of child endangerment. I think the sheriff should have investigated that some more before turning it over to CPS.  Once CPS gets their hooks into a family, they generally screw things up.