Author Topic: GE exposed by O'Reilly big time  (Read 889 times)

Offline 5412

GE exposed by O'Reilly big time
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
Hi,

Yesterday there was a thread about a ruckus at the GE shareholder meeting and the fact that their CEO and the CEO of MSNBC told their folks to lay off BO and in fact, GE has turned into a mini moveon.org in their criticism of the right.

I posted the fact that GE was a major client of mine for a good long time and I have met Jeffrey Immelt on a couple of occasions.  I decided against posting my personal feeling about the man and wondered why he would do such a thing.  My first suspicion was he probably had some sort of gun pointed at his head by the government because GE understands capitalism big time and they played the game better than most everyone when Jack Welsh was the CEO.

Well, I was half right.  What was pointed out tonight was a sequence of events.  First of all, MSNBC really carried the water and helped get BO elected.  Since then they have supported him to the point of stupidity and their attacks against those who have more right wing views have been beyond ugly.

Well now, we learn that GE is pushing for the cap and trade because of their own business interests.  For the last decade or so the most profitable division within GE was GE Finance.  These folks are amazing, they really know how to raise money and leverage capital into profits.  Well it seems that they have set up a joint venture corporation to handle the approximately $360 billion annually that would change hands if cap and trade becomes law.  What is the term "quid pro qo?"  You scratch my back and I scratch yours.....  Mr. Immelt has disgraced himself and allowed GE to start playing Chicago style business.  Hell he should hire Blagoyavitch as a damn consultant....

This is by far one of the biggest abuses of corporate power I have seen in my life.  Recall all the crap about Hailburton and Cheney.  Well I know for a fact that there are only two companies in the world that does what Haliburton does, Haliburton and Schlumberger.  For several years I traveled the world for Schlumberger as they were one of my biggest clients.  They are a french owned corporation and pretty ruthless in the international markets.  Now we are in Iraq, we discover that the French have violated the UN agreements with Saddam, and that they were also supplying Saddam the kind of stuff he could use to make nuclear weapons....but we do not tell that to the public.  Now when it come to rebuilding Iraq, we have two companies to choose from to handle certain tasks in the rebuilding effort, Schlumberger, a French company who was really helping to go around the UN agreement, or Haliburton, an American company.  No brainer if you ask me.....but the libs sure did not think so.

The Haliburton issue is a fly on a gnat's ass compared to what GE has done and how they are in bed with BO.  They used their media company to get a president elected, propagandize their message to the American people daily, because they will be rewarded with business and have already been rewarded with TARP type bailout money.

Mr. Forbes said that Jeffrey Immelt is the worst CEO in America.  I will say that I agree with him....and will go on to say that I have several good friends who are top executives in other companies that left GE because of Mr. Immelt.

For once I wish for a fairy tale.  I would like to see some Republican leadership stand up and demand and get a congressional investigation and get the clowns under oath.......  Likely they would hire Clinton for their lawyer.....because the knows more definitions of the word "is" than anyone else in America.

This story needs to be shouted from every rooftop in America and the shareholders need to take Immelt down.  I thought he was the wrong choice to begin with but no one asked me at the time.

I honestly think BO is so egotistical that he would award GE the contract if cap and trade happens even after this has been disclosed.

regards,

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: GE exposed by O'Reilly big time
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:34:08 PM »
GE will be the ones building the "infrstructure" for Barry's green economy... turbines and the like.  I'm not surprised they want to push for restrictions on traditional forms of energy production and prop up their homeboy.  If GM were smart (that doesn't appear to be the case), they could muscle in on GE's turf and re-tool for other industries since the Pres0dent is determined to throw billions at that sector anyway.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »
[youtube=425,350]qBbX6tlvP40[/youtube].
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »
Ever since O'Reilly broke the story about GE's business dealings with iran while our troops have been in iraq, I HAVE NOT purchased a single item with the GE name on it. 

iran has been training insurgents to fight in iraq AND developing those improvised penetrator devices all the while GE has been doing business with them.

GE will not get a single penny of my money.
America - Love It, or LEAVE