Author Topic: Obama: It's a Good Time to Buy Stocks  (Read 1821 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Obama: It's a Good Time to Buy Stocks
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »
President Obama said Tuesday that now is a good time for investors to buy stocks if they focus on the big picture.

The Dow plunged Monday to its lowest level in 12 years.

"What you're now seeing is a profit and earnings ratios get to the point that buying stocks is a good thing if you have a long-term perspective on it," he said to reporters after meeting in the Oval Office with visiting British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

The president compared the market to daily tracking polls used by politicians, saying that paying too close attention to Wall Street's "fits and starts" could lead to bad long-term policy.

"The stock market is story of like a tracking poll in politics. It bobs up and down day-to-day," Obama said. "And if you spend all your time worrying about that, then you're probably going to get the long-term strategy wrong."

Obama said he is not measuring policies against "the day-to-day gyrations of the stock market," but by whether lending is flowing more freely, businesses are investing and the unemployed are going back to work.

link

Who in their right mind would take investment advice from Obama?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Obama: It's a Good Time to Buy Stocks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »
My first thought was "he can`t be that stupid".
Quickly followed by  "yes he is".

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
yes it bobs up and down so you look at trends and the trends look freakin horrible.

now is not the time to buy unless you are a very clever day trader, wait a year or two til it hits the actual bottom, then buy.   if you think there are undervalued stocks there now, just wait until the depression really kicks in !
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
My first thought was "he can`t be that stupid".
Quickly followed by  "yes he is".

the predictable result of making everyone fear the economy was that people feared the economy.
add in that the left made this happen and you are left looking stupid.

only in America....

(God it hurts to say that...)
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:39:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll hold off. Seriously, with all the people saying, "What's the bottom, 6500? 6K? 5500? No, the bottom, in any market, is 0. We can, and have, suffer total collapse if Captain Dipshit doesn't get his act together.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »
Quote from:
What you're now seeing is a profit and earnings ratios get to the point that buying stocks is a good thing if you have a long-term perspective on it.

What a simple-minded statement (would one expect anything less from Hussein?).  Buying stocks at any point is a good idea if you have a long term perspective.  It just depends on how one defines "long-term."  If you bought when the market was at 14,000, then eventually one day, in the "long-term," it'll gain.  Now, "long-term" could be the year 2050, but still....

Let's see just how many DUmmies jump into the market with the dime they're worth.  I'm betting the whole DU board (minus the moles) could contribute a whole $1.43.

Hate to break it to you, Hussein, but anyone with any business sense wrote you off the day you were born, dipweed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Jim

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
It's not.
They're not.
They're not.

Obama is an idiot.

he doesn't lie good enough to cover this shit up

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »
In less than 2 months May will arrive. Historically, the market has not fared well in the summer; percentage wise go away in May and come back in Aug or Sept would better your chances of catching the market on the uptick.

Why would anyone want to make plenty of money in the stock market or in your job or business when the stupid shit is going to tax the hell out of you. I have read a couple of articles where those that were over the $250,000 would work less so they could get under that rich man's cap. This idiot does not know what he is doing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »
"And if you think NOW is a good time, just wait until I REALLY get a chance to **** up the markets!"  --B. Hussein Obama
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »
Which stocks should we buy....which companies will profit from and Obama presidency?  None.
Maybe I'll buy some government issued bonds....as the gov't is the only beneficiary under Obama.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
Not yet, it isn't.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.