Author Topic: "The Army Is The Same Where Ever You Serve and Bitching Has It'S Rewards ."  (Read 2178 times)

Offline megimoo

Soldier posted to Siberia for online whinge  .video
"When we're off to old siberia to si.beer..eereri...ia"
Moscow - If Russian soldiers have anything to sing about they usually do it in foot-stomping Cossack choirs belting out the words to Kalinka. Lieutenant Vitaly Efremov decided to take a more modern approach: he made a rap video, released online, complaining about the rotten state of his barracks. The clip hit a nerve with the top brass, which decided to post him to Siberia,

Lieutenant Vitaly Efremov decided to take a more modern approach: he made a rap video, released online, complaining about the rotten state of his barracks.

The clip hit a nerve with the top brass, which decided to post him to Siberia, where he can exercise his musical talents in the windswept tundra. He can probably consider himself lucky that he did not sing Elvis Presley’s Jail House Rock or the Pretenders’ Back on the Chain Gang.

The lieutenant modelled his video on Stan by Eminem, in which the rapper sends a letter to a frustrated fan. The Russian letter is to Anatoly Serdyakov, the Defence Minister, and is set against a backdrop of military decay: a crowded barrack room with peeling wallpaper, a scabrous bathroom, erratic shower water and broken equipment.

Just as Stan complains that Eminem does not reply to his post, so the lieutenant’s e-mail moans about a lack of response from the Minister. The video said that no progress had been made on granting cheap credits to professional soldiers, such as Lieutenant Efremov, who want to buy their own home. The Russian Army has shrunk from a Soviet-era level of 4 million to 1.2 million, with conscript service cut from 18 months to a year. It is increasingly dependent on professionals who sign up for fixed-term contracts, but they are more demanding, insisting on better conditions, wages and pensions.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article4860595.ece
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:57:16 AM by megimoo »

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
I've always been of the belief that if a soldier is not bitching about something...then you have to worry.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I'm taking it he doesn't plan on making the Army a career.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Col. Glass:  You screw this up, Stillman... and I'll have you assigned to a weather station above the Artic Circle! You got that?

Captain Stillman: Yes, sir... thank you, sir.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline whiffleball

SOSDD in the military the world over, but I have many, many fond memories.

Offline Airwolf

I've always been of the belief that if a soldier is not bitching about something...then you have to worry.

A wise old saying and very often true. I know if that was the case in my old units most of us wouldn't have had shit to say for the whole day,:).
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"