Author Topic: Mass casualties in Galveston Rumor from Th1onein  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Mass casualties in Galveston Rumor from Th1onein
« on: September 15, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »
Th1onein  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:20 PM
Original message
Report from an friend in Galveston (insurance adjuster)

He says that they've closed the airspace over Bolivar Peninsula and Crystal Beach because THEY'VE FOUND OVER 900 BODIES FLOATING OUT THERE. AND THE MORGUE IS OVERFLOWING.

It turns out it was a friend of a friend that said it.   :whatever:

jobycom  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:27 PM
Response to Original message
13. Sounds false to me. Is this a friend of yours, or a friend of a friend?

First, this exact same rumor was rampant during Katrina, and wasn't true. Second, there has been plenty of aerial footage over Crystal Beach and the Bolivar Peninsula, none showing bodies. Third, I doubt there were 900 people on Crystal Beach during the hurricane.

Mon Sep-15-08 04:31 PM
Original message
It's not false. This guy was talking to THE guy who should know.

He's one of those guys who cleans up after disasters (not an insurance adjuster, duh); I can't remember what they call them. But he's been on the city council and his family is "old money" and he's very well placed. If I could tell you who he talked to, you would believe him, but if I did that, then I would be "outing" him as telling me and no one would give him any inside info anymore.

I'm sorry, but it's true.

Mon Sep-15-08 04:42 PM
30. Friend of a friend, then. Exactly the same rumors we saw after Katrina.

Ask your friend his name, he won't know it, he'll reveal it was the friend of someone else he knows, and on down.

It's okay, people fall for these rumors all the time. That's why they keep popping up over and over. You shouldn't spread them, though.

Mon Sep-15-08 04:47 PM
Response to Reply #30
38. I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

My friend is a city council member. He knows who to talk to. And he talked to THE guy who could give him the information. This is not a rumor. The morgue is full, over 900 dead and counting.

io-solip  (64 posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:48 PM
39. Sorry but that is BS. I've been talking to my neighbor who stayed in GLS on ham radio

Edited on Mon Sep-15-08 04:49 PM by io-solip
off and on all day. There is absolutely no legitimate information on floating bodies and overflowing morgues. STOP THAT SHIT.
edit: I'm posting from my brothers where we evacuated to last Friday (we brought out 2 people who wanted to leave...did not find anyone
else who did but was unable to)...GLS is Galveston, we live just east of the airport.

Kristi1696  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:50 PM
Response to Reply #39
45. And how exactly would your friend know?

Particularly when helicopters are restricted from filming the area and reporters are being shut out?

Mon Sep-15-08 04:54 PM
Response to Reply #39
52. Yeah, them ham radio enthusiasts would know.

Instead of the authorities whose job it is to know.

Yeah, right.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:53 PM
49. If this was true, you would post your source. n/t

io-solip  (68 posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:59 PM
Response to Reply #49
65. We may have to wait 48 business hours.

Mon Sep-15-08 05:00 PM
Response to Reply #49
66. If I tell you who my friend spoke with, he would never get info again.

I'm not going to do that.

He's a member of the city council and he spoke with a person in a position of authority, who would have every reason to know this information and no reason at all to lie to him.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Mass casualties in Galveston Rumor from Th1onein
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
900 dumbasses who didn't want to leave are now floating lifeless in the gulf?  Oh well.  Maybe next time they will listen.  Meanwhile, life goes on. 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 05:06:57 PM »
Response to Reply #49

He's a member of the city council and he spoke with a person in a position of authority, who would have every reason to know this information and no reason at all to lie to him.

io-solip  (71 posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 05:04 PM
Response to Reply #66
73. Your friend is on the CITY ****ING COUNCIL and has to consult with someone "in authority"??

Do you have any idea how totally stupid this claim makes you look?
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »
what an idiot (big surprise). There are flooded graves causing caskets to float. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_re_us/ike_restless_dead

And 100,000 people didn't leave and are hampering relief efforts - http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20080915/ts_csm/aike

While some 2.3 million people in Texas and Louisiana evacuated, more than 100,000 are estimated to have refused voluntary and mandatory evacuation orders along Ike's 200-mile surge zone.

Thankfully, there were few injury and fatality reports as the federal government led a massive rescue and relief effort that included Coast Guard reconnaissance helicopters, dozens of airboats, and massive National Guard assets ranging from inflatable Zodiac boats to Humvees, as well as thousands of troops.

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
If you google it, you can find links and information about a storm in 1900 where they had to stack bodies up in a makeshift morgue. Maybe she's off by a hundred years or so? :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »
I haven`t read them because my BS tolerance has been a bit low the last few days but there have been at least a half dozen threads that sound like the DUmmies are trying to make up a "Katrina" story.
Claiming that folks are dead,abandoned...etc and that a mysterious cover up is under way.

They are so simple and obvious (except to themsleves) it is laughable

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
Mon Sep-15-08 05:11 PM
Response to Reply #38
84. The source in Hancock County was the head of emergency management.

Friends of friends swore there a thousand bodies hanging from trees. There were stories of a thousand bodies floating in Lake Ponchartrain in Slidell, too, from other friends of friends who knew. Except that it was a lie.

Think about it for a minute. Honestly. There's no morgue in Crystal Beach that could hold a hundred, much less 900 bodies. To collect 900 bodies, not all of which would be intact, and take them to a morgue or morgues large enough to hold them, you'd need a thousand vehicles at least. Those vehicles couldn't even get into the area until today. Meanwhile, there have been flyovers since late Saturday, there have been people rescued from the peninsula and interviewed about what they saw--no one would mention this army of vehicles? No one would be describing the stench of almost a thousand rotting corpses?

And by the way, Crystal Beach doesn't have a city council. It's not even incorporated. So where is your friend a city councilmember from? And why is he talking to someone who will spread rumors on the Internet but not talking to the media?

Jobycom just slapped Th1onein down.  LOL
Stink Eye

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »
 :rotf: :popcorn: You really can't make this stuff up! Maybe she can sit next to Joanne98 who's still waiting for shit/fan to meet.  :fuelfire:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »
Her source is DUmmy lonestarnot, who will be doing a happy, happy, giddy dance, in capital letters of course, within the next 24 business hours.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
:rotf: :popcorn: You really can't make this stuff up! Maybe she can sit next to Joanne98 who's still waiting for shit/fan to meet.  :fuelfire:

And really isn't the destruction from Ike bad enough as it is?  You don't need to make crap up. She doesn't realize that she just looks like an idiot, as well and those that automatically believe this crap.
Stink Eye

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »
Her source is DUmmy lonestarnot, who will be doing a happy, happy, giddy dance, in capital letters of course, within the next 24 business hours.
Crap, that's the DUmmie I meant instead of Joanne. :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
Crap, that's the DUmmie I meant instead of Joanne. :-)

But Joanne's a first rate nut too. :wink:
Stink Eye

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »
I hope someone replies back to her and asks if lonestarnot is her "source".

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »
She is either lying or passing on a rumor to have something to make people notice her over.

I talked to someone who DOES know.

She needs to stick to trying to get her pen pal boyfriends on death row spared. 

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »
900 dumbasses who didn't want to leave are now floating lifeless in the gulf?  Oh well.  Maybe next time they will listen.  Meanwhile, life goes on. 

Well, THAT 900 wouldn't, if the whole thing was true in the first place.

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »
I've said it before and God knows I will say it again but..... "Shit like this is why people should have jobs!"
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »
Th1onein Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-15-08 06:40 PM
Response to Reply #101
136. I don't know who Skeletor is. But I believe my City Council friend

because he talked to the guy who, above all, should know what's happening down there.

And, yeah, I'm going to tell people, because it's the right thing to do. I understand that you want to know the source, and I'd be a fool if I asked you to believe me just because it's me. But you can also understand that I cannot reveal my source, because it would be detrimental to him.

I don't come on here and spout bullshit. Read my previous posts.

This has got to be one of the best lines ever posted by a DUmmie.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »
Response to Reply #101

because he talked to the guy who, above all, should know what's happening down there.

And, yeah, I'm going to tell people, because it's the right thing to do. I understand that you want to know the source, and I'd be a fool if I asked you to believe me just because it's me. But you can also understand that I cannot reveal my source, because it would be detrimental to him.

Nice Catch !!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »
Response to Reply #101

Can't....... :rotf: .......breathe........ :lmao: ........sid....... :lmao: .........e..........hurtin :rotf: .................. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »
     I have a question: suppose there ARE 900 bodies floating down there. Who gives a shit? These are people who could have left, but didn't. Why is it an outrage if people didn't do what they should have, and died as a result? Why would the government care about hiding that? Why is DU supposed to be whipped into a frenzy because of it? I don't get it.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »
Quote from:
Th1onein

I don't know who Skeletor is.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »
    I have a question: suppose there ARE 900 bodies floating down there. Who gives a shit? These are people who could have left, but didn't. Why is it an outrage if people didn't do what they should have, and died as a result? Why would the government care about hiding that? Why is DU supposed to be whipped into a frenzy because of it? I don't get it.

In the mind of a DUmmie, if your a cokehead who willingly snorted 2lbs of coke, and died of a massive OD, then it's automatically Bush's fault.

Personally, I think that everyone of the people who called for a rescue should be billed for the cost of the rescue.  They where ordered to evacuate, ignored that order, then demanded that we come and rescue their ass.  **** them.

On the topic of how dumb the OP DUmmie is, this post made me giggle.

Th1onein  (1000+ posts)       Mon Sep-15-08 06:43 PM
Response to Reply #112
143. Hello? Hello? Are the mods out there anywhere?
 Please read the rules of this forum. All of your posts are going to be deleted and your trolling days will be over soon, if you don't.

I just told you that there is no Crystal Beach City Council and that my friend is not a member of THAT city council. Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend?

You are accusing me of something for which you have not a piece of evidence. Either that, or you are just really, really confused.  

Translation:  "MODS!  Save me, cause I've made myself look like a dumbass!"
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »

Simply because they don`t give a rats ass about anyone who may or may not have died.
They consider Katrina a political "win" and nothing more so in their simple minds they think they can repeat that.
They are ghouls,wishing to feed on dead,real or fabricated for the hopes of political gain.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »
Quote from:
Th1onein

I don't know who Skeletor is.

No the other one.  :-)

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »
io-solip  (68 posts)
Mon Sep-15-08 04:59 PM
Response to Reply #49
65. We may have to wait 48 business hours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I love it when one of the DUmmies does that.

Of course, that could be a mole, too.

Response to Reply #49

"He's my super-duper top secret secret source."

Give it a few days and Th1onein will be bringing up Jeb's ice trucks.