Author Topic: Palin Fallout: Stronger, More Self-Assured Women  (Read 704 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Palin Fallout: Stronger, More Self-Assured Women
« on: September 14, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »
Found this at a blog extolling the Gov's effect on the RKBA:

I've made this point several times in other locations: women rule.

Actually, women make up over 51% of the population and were the largest demographic to vote in the 2004 elections. What the Bush campaign referred to as the "security moms" who swung the vote in favor of Bush even when it seemed Kerry had the lead.

Everywhere you look on the news and the net, people are paying attention to this important demographic in the polls.

In the past, the Democrats and other anti-gun organizations have used the natural fear that mothers have for their children to gain support for ever increasing restrictions on weapons. They have repeatedly used the accidental death of children (14 and younger) from fire arms as a bludgeon to create fear when these actual events are less than 2% of all gun related deaths, though 10% of all accidental deaths.

Along with these factors are the statistics that indicate that only 9% of the female population own a weapon. A greater percentage may know a male family member or friend who owns a weapon, but they are unlikely to be involved in any of the cultural or sporting events with those gun owners.

In short, the fear factor works because of the psychology of the fear of the unknown.

Sarah Palin may have single handedly changed the course of the second amendment's history...

...by encouraging women to go out and shoot something.

[youtube=425,350]BoIdhCL928I[/youtube]

One of the unintended consequences of feminism is it starts on the premise: you are a victim of overpowering males.

To be overpowered one must be inherently weaker than the one doing the overpowering and soon that just translates to: weak, period, end of sentence.

Yet this is a nation built side-by-side with pioneer women who had to be able to defend their homesteads from man and beast whenever the husband was away or beside them when travelling across uncivilized lands. The concept of a woman not able to grab a rifle and cap off the odd charging bear or marauding bandit should be hateful to the American vision.

Thank God Gov. Palin removes the muck of a century's self-pitying fear. If this trend continues statistics on wife-beating and sexual assault could thankfully plummet as women realize victimhood need not be an inherent part of their nature.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Palin Fallout: Stronger, More Self-Assured Women
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »
Excellent!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle