Author Topic: Miskie makes a convert, sort-of.  (Read 701 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Miskie makes a convert, sort-of.
« on: September 13, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »
Yes, sort-of...

The reason I say that is because I made a PUMA today out of a Hillary supporter. Started chatting politics, she mentioned the election - that she expected it to go Obama as that's the way these things usually go, even though she wasn't too happy with it. After feeling her out a bit, it turns out she was supporting Hillary in the primaries, I explained that there are alot of annoyed Hillary folks who have chosen to support McCain, in part to poke Obama in the eye and in part because a MCCain-Palin win means Hillary is the frontrunner in 2012. I mentioned PUMA and the dozens of sites on the web, which seems to have gotten approval. No cops, bushes, black helicopters or tears of joy.

Anyway, It seems pushing Hillary folks to PUMA may be the way to go, instead of outright suggesting McCain-Palin, which may get more resistance.

Then I suppose the success or failure of a McCain-Palin administration will determine what happens in 2012.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Miskie makes a convert, sort-of.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:45:55 PM »
I think a lot more people are going to vote for the GOP ticket than we think. No one knows what button you push in that voting booth unless you tell them. I know a lot of people who will claim to have voted for the "other guy" when they really didn't. At least I hope that's the case. Past elections seem to bear that out.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle