Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 8/24  (Read 459 times)

Offline SVPete

Take this with an appropriate grain of salt, but:

Ukraine: We raised our flag on Crimea today

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/08/24/ukraine-we-raised-our-flag-on-crimea-today-n573402

For Ukraine’s Independence Day celebration, Volodymyr Zelensky brought some real fireworks right to the heart of Russia’s occupation. Officials in Kyiv announced this morning that they have landed forces on the western shores of Crimea, raised the Ukranian flag, and have engaged and destroyed Russian forces near two settlements.

No word yet from Russia, but this would be bad news indeed for Vladimir Putin if this beachhead succeeds. If it is a beachhead, that is:

Special forces landed on the western shore of Crimea, near the settlements of Olenivka and Mayak, in a joint operation with the country’s Navy, according to Ukrainian Defense Intelligence.

“While performing the task, Ukrainian defenders clashed with the occupier’s units. As a result, the enemy suffered losses among its personnel and destroyed enemy equipment,” the intelligence agency said.

While they were there, the Ukrainian unit also raised the national flag, it added.

This was a landing on a peninsula of the Crimean Peninsula. It could fizzle, it could be just a symbolic raid, or it could be the start of the start of liberating Crimea from Russian occupiers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 8/24
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 12:10:01 PM »
I wonder how many billions this is going to cost us  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 12:35:02 PM »
Thy Art Is Murder’s CJ McMahon Quits Socials After Backlash Over Anti-Trans Comments

https://www.metalsucks.net/2023/08/21/thy-art-is-murders-cj-mcmahon-quits-socials-after-backlash-over-anti-trans-comments/

In yet another instance of metal artists falling down far right conspiracy rabbit holes and disappointing everyone in the process, Thy Art Is Murder frontman CJ McMahon deleted his Instagram account after receiving backlash for sharing anti-trans content and openly wishing death on someone.

According to third-party accounts (since his initial post was reported and removed by moderators), McMahon had posted a piece of anti-trans content by far-right provocateur Matt Walsh. In it, a woman is asking her toddler if she’s a boy of a girl, to which the child says “both.” The mother then accepts that answer and says “okay, you’re both.” Pretty innocuous stuff in 2023.

Yet in a caption allegedly written by McMahon, the vocalist commented that the woman in the video “should be burned to death,” which got reported and taken down. That was apparently the final straw and it prompted to effectively take his ball and go home instead of face any criticism head on.

Even extreme metal isn't allowed to desecrate the sacred trannies.  :thatsright: 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 12:54:48 PM »
Former SF Mayor Frank Jordan criticizes London Breed's approach to solving homeless crisis

https://abc7news.com/former-mayor-frank-jordan-san-francisco-homeless-london-breed/13684242/

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of San Francisco's former mayor says the city is spending way too much on the homelessness crisis.

Former Mayor Frank Jordan says despite Mayor London Breed pouring billions of dollars to try and fix things, conditions are not getting any better.

Jordan, who was mayor between 1992-1996, spent years trying to crack down on the homeless problem in the 90s.
"When you look at the homeless issue, we spent $2.8 billion in 7 years," he said to California Insider. "We are averaging more than $700 million a year just on homeless. But when break that down, nobody seems to know if it's 7,000 homeless or 17,000 homeless."

Jordan criticized Mayor Breed's efforts to put the homeless in local hotels for housing. He says 70% of the homeless have mental health, drug, and alcohol problems and need around-the-clock supervision.

"They start fighting with people in hallways or lighting fires in the room, so we have 30 of those 70 hotels that are now suing the city because of the damage that's been caused in those hotels," he said.
"I think you need mental health wards, you need group homes, and judge that will mandate 60-90 days of care, not just 72 hours and just put them out on the street," he said.

In the 90s, Jordan introduced the controversial Matrix Program, using police to crack down on the crimes that homeless people were committing.

SF politics have been liberal since at least the 1960s, but The Sacred Homeless became significantly more obnoxious and numerous after Jordan left office. I remember being particularly careful to watch for aggressive panhandlers when I visited SF on business in 1999.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 01:47:58 PM »
The solution is tough love. separate the bums from the mentality ill and those who want treatment. Stop spending money except for treatment and let all of them know they are no longer welcome.

Tell them you don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here and bulldoze the camps.
Let the “advocates “ get their panties in a wad and ignore them.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 02:24:41 PM »
Massachusetts judge: Second Amendment rights cross state lines

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/08/23/massachusetts-judge-second-amendment-rights-cross-state-lines-n74040

As FPC Action Foundation’s Cody J. Wisniewski said on Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co yesterday, since the Bruen decision was handed down by the Supreme Court last year we’re starting to see lower courts around the country start to take the Second Amendment a little more seriously. While we’ve still seen some egregiously awful misreadings of Bruen over the past twelve months, we’ve also seen some major successes, including one case out of Massachusetts that addresses the fact that in many states, your right to keep and bear arms stops at the state line.

As The Reload’s Jake Fogelman reports, a Massachusetts judge recently concluded that the state’s prohibition on non-residents bearing arms for self-defense without first obtaining a temporary license to carry is a violation of their Second Amendment rights; a stunning development in a state where lawmakers are currently trying to obliterate the 2A rights of gun owners inside the borders as well.

Constitutional rights don't end at state borders? Who knew?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 02:28:26 PM »
Take this with an appropriate grain of salt, but:

Ukraine: We raised our flag on Crimea today

This was a landing on a peninsula of the Crimean Peninsula. It could fizzle, it could be just a symbolic raid, or it could be the start of the start of liberating Crimea from Russian occupiers.

I believe nothing from Zelenskyy or his minions. The corruption just oozes from him.

That said, it would appear this "raid" is more aligned with the Ukrainian Independence Day than anything truly strategic.

My money is on the report from Tucker's guest Col. Douglas MacGregor.

Knowing the level of corruption inherent in SharterJoe (rivaled perhaps only by Zelenskyy himself), shoveling billions of U.S. taxpayer money in Zelenskyy's pockets and the drumbeat by most of media (who aren't there, btw) that the Russians are on the ropes, I am inclined to believe the truth follows the money. Full stop.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 02:34:19 PM »
Massachusetts judge: Second Amendment rights cross state lines

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/08/23/massachusetts-judge-second-amendment-rights-cross-state-lines-n74040

Constitutional rights don't end at state borders? Who knew?

They shouldn't, and it's a rotten damned shame that federalism has a weakness in this particular point re: 2A. The law of the land in COTUS should prevail, but clearly it doesn't.

As I explained to a German delegation in Little Rock yesterday, while Arkansas does not require a person to have a concealed carry permit to carry concealed, it's helpful to have one anyway -- especially if one travels outside of Arkansas and chooses to carry concealed. Having a document such as a concealed carry permit adds credibility should things go south. There are simply too many Soros-funded DAs who waste no opportunity to go after a person having to use a firearm to defend himself or others.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.