Author Topic: Please remember to wear masks, no matter what.  (Read 632 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Please remember to wear masks, no matter what.
« on: December 04, 2021, 01:46:07 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216112903

mwmisses4289
Please remember to wear masks, no matter what.

I don't post often, but I wanted to remind myself (and others, if they would be so forbearing), to wears masks, not matter what.

Although i am fully vaxxed (second jab in june, was eagerly anticipating getting a booster in January), I got a case of breakthrough covid. I'm pretty sure I got it at work. I work at a non profit that has a small paid staff and tons of volunteers. Unfortunately, one of the volunteers had covid, I had some interaction with them and during a couple of the interactions, forgot to wear my mask. I developed what i thought was a bad sinus infection that turned into an ear and throat infection. I went and got tested after my supervisor told me about this volunteer testing positive for covid. I believe at the time of our interactions, the person was asymptomatic, but they did mention not feeling 100%, but had to get some stuff done. As far as I know, the person is also fully vaxxed.

I am a bit freaked out because of having exposed family to covid during thanksgiving. I didn't start feeling bad until thanksgiving friday,
and even then, passed it off as a bit of a chill, since the thanksgiving dinner the day before was mostly outside on a covered deck in cool and somewhat rainy weather. By sunday night, temp had gone up to 101, and i started to feel really bad. Got tested Thursday, got results yesterday, and here we are. I did let everyone i had been in contact with over the holiday know my results. Fortunately at this time, everyone i have been around is well and not showing any symptoms.

Masks do work. So does the vaccine; I am at home recovering, not taking up a valuable hospital bed that's needed for someone in more dire straits than I am. Wear the mask, get the vaccine and booster as soon as you can.

Thank you, DU'ers, for being here.

Anyone want to tell them?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Please remember to wear masks, no matter what.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 01:55:37 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216112903

Anyone want to tell them?

KC

Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter!!!!!

Yes, Horshack.

If the vaccines are so wonderful and effective, why do we still need to wear masks?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 02:27:01 PM »
This is going to get so much appropriate use:

Just got back from a trip up into the Santa Cruz Mountains to cut a Christmas Tree (at a well managed tree farm). Not a mask in sight, and appropriately so. Open air and almost never being within 10 or 20 feet of strangers is about as low risk as possible (being alone on a deserted island would be lower risk, for Covid at least).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 02:34:36 PM »
Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter!!!!!

Yes, Horshack.

If the vaccines are so wonderful and effective, why do we still need to wear masks?
And why did the DUmmy get a breakthrough case of covid if he/she was vaccinated?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 02:48:01 PM »
Dear moonbat,

No!

Regards,
USA4ME

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »
Biden goes out to eat maskless in DC despite cold, with Kennedy Center event on Sunday
Biden was seen maskless after press secretary Jen Psaki said DC should reinstate its mask mandate to abide by CDC guidelines

Despite battling a cold, President Biden has packed his schedule this weekend with a maskless dinner out on the town and plans to attend a Kennedy Center event.
"Biden goes out to eat maskless in DC despite cold, with Kennedy Center event on Sunday | Fox News" https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-cold-kennedy-center-event-sunday-schedule.amp
:ownit:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 02:58:02 PM »
This is going to get so much appropriate use:

That should become a handy-dandy emoji added to the hundreds we already have here.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 04:39:22 PM »
Let’s see … have to be vaxxed to fly internationally. Have to wear a mask to fly at all …

How did this get here?

I’m asking for a friend. Me. I’m the friend.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 05:12:35 PM »
heck yeah and how about this blast from the past?   https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2014/08/01/biden-swims-naked-upsetting-female-secret-service-agents-book-claims
The hair sniffing was pretty bad... having a naked geriatric sniffing their hair? Even worse.  Think he requested they play with his leg hair in the pool?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 05:45:30 PM »
Hmmm. If your vaccine wouldn't protect you, WHY would my vaccine protect you?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 09:08:44 PM »
And why did the DUmmy get a breakthrough case of covid if he/she was vaccinated?

Because clearly some anti-vaxxer infected the poor vaccinated volunteer who in turn passed it on to the second vaccinated worker who forgot to wear their homemade Sponge Bob Square Pants mask obviously.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »

The Kung Flu is breaking through anything.  It's just Fauci-speak for what is actually a vaccine fail. The term breakthrough is used to pretend that vaccine failures aren't vaccine failures.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 09:25:03 AM »
The Kung Flu is breaking through anything.  It's just Fauci-speak for what is actually a vaccine fail. The term breakthrough is used to pretend that vaccine failures aren't vaccine failures.

The vaccine is basically the same as the Flu shot. Doesn't mean you wont get it but will help with the severity. Did all these idiots wear a mask during flu season?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 09:26:18 AM »

That's pretty much sums up my thoughts.  Naturally, I represent the care free one on the right.