Author Topic: seems few Americans realize just how many stresses cops have..  (Read 405 times)

Offline trump1getoverit

• Probationary (Probie)
seems few Americans realize just how many stresses cops have.. 

OK, the American I know best (yours truly) admittedly overlooked a lot of things in the past RE how hard the job of police officer is

But then I learned of this one case an officer was called on..

Was it a dangerous domestic  violence call? child abuse? robbery?

No, strangely, the case that got me to thinking about what all police have to deal with on a daily basis was a BOGUS call, a call that should not have been made at all, a person just using police for his/her own petty, political purposes.

This person called the cops just because a car parked in the neighborhood had Trump bumper stickers.. Of course, I can't prove that was the motive bc the person didn't SAY that (that I know of)... but there is plenty of evidence that was the reason

In any case, whether that was the reason or not, the car was LEGALLY parked where it was. No law had been broken

Some people just cannot get a life..

So anyhow, then I started thinking: Wow, these cops (many of whom like Trump who supported them of course) have to deal with selfish, agenda-driven, petty-minded people like this.. have to be polite ("yes mam"-"no, mam..") even when they probably feel like telling these yahoos to get a life and stop using the police...

Offline trump1getoverit

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: seems few Americans realize just how many stresses cops have..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 01:08:46 PM »
so they have to check  their true  thoughts and feelings all the time

so things  build  up

and then there  is an incident like Floyd and then everyone hates the cops.. I am not saying the cop Chauvin wass in the right, was just ptsd-ed out or what have u... although I believe all cops have some level of ptsd

But on the other hand.. from my best info, Chauvin did not do anything illegal.. except for doing it 9 minutes...

I don't know.. I wasn't on the jury..

But in any case, most cops do not go to those extremes. Most of them just want to do their job well and  go home at night.. Nowadays, that last thing... is not guaranteed (although it never was.. but things are worse now)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 01:13:59 PM »
so they have to check  their true  thoughts and feelings all the time

so things  build  up

and then there  is an incident like Floyd and then everyone hates the cops.. I am not saying the cop Chauvin wass in the right, was just ptsd-ed out or what have u... although I believe all cops have some level of ptsd

But on the other hand.. from my best info, Chauvin did not do anything illegal.. except for doing it 9 minutes...

I don't know.. I wasn't on the jury..

But in any case, most cops do not go to those extremes. Most of them just want to do their job well and  go home at night.. Nowadays, that last thing... is not guaranteed (although it never was.. but things are worse now)

"I'm not a cop, but..."

****ing idiot.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 11:39:54 PM »

But then I learned of this one case an officer was called on..

Was it a dangerous domestic  violence call? child abuse? robbery?

No, strangely, the case that got me to thinking about what all police have to deal with on a daily basis was a BOGUS call, a call that should not have been made at all, a person just using police for his/her own petty, political purposes.

This person called the cops just because a car parked in the neighborhood had Trump bumper stickers.. Of course, I can't prove that was the motive bc the person didn't SAY that (that I know of)... but there is plenty of evidence that was the reason

In any case, whether that was the reason or not, the car was LEGALLY parked where it was. No law had been broken

This is usually reserved for tales from the DUmp ...  :bouncy:
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire