Author Topic: ‘I Love Representing The U.S.’  (Read 328 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
‘I Love Representing The U.S.’
« on: August 04, 2021, 08:30:14 AM »

Tamyra Mensah-Stock is an Olympic wrestler, and now has a gold medal to her name — and she was ecstatic to drape herself in the American flag.

On Tuesday, Mensah-Stock beat Blessing Oborududu of Nigeria 4-1 in the women’s 68-kilogram freestyle wrestling final, making her just the second American woman to win gold in the event. Mensah-Stock is also the first black woman from the U.S. to win a wrestling gold medal at the Olympics.

“These young women are going to see themselves in a number of ways and they’re going to look up there and go, I can do that,” she said. “I can see myself.”

After her victory, Mensah-Stock could barely control her happiness — and appreciation — in her post-match interview.

“I surprised myself! It’s by the grace of God I’m able even to move my feet,” Mensah-Stock said. “I just leave it in his hands. And I pray that all the practice, the hell that my freaking coaches put me through, pays off. And every single time it does. And I get better and better. And it’s so weird that there’s no cap to the limit I can do. And I’m excited to see what I have next.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/i-love-representing-the-u-s-american-wrestler-gives-patriotic-victory-speech-after-winning-gold-medal

:usflag:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: ‘I Love Representing The U.S.’
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 09:20:13 AM »
Just saw that information on TownHall, and it's the kind of thing that can almost restore one's faith in young people.

I'll let my usual cynicism slide for a moment, and congratulate Tamyra for her Gold medal, her attitude, and her pride in her country. We need more like her -- MANY more like her.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.