Author Topic: Guess which seminal guitarist is now DUmmy-cancelled?  (Read 882 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Guess which seminal guitarist is now DUmmy-cancelled?
« on: July 22, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
ripcord (2,016 posts)

Eric Clapton won't play venues if they require vaccinations
Source: NBC News

"Following the PM's announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show," Clapton said via statement posted onto architect, film producer and anti-vaxxer Robin Monotti Graziadei's Telegram account.

The news follows U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson's announcement Tuesday that as restrictions on social gatherings lift, nightclubs must require guests to show a Covid Pass from the U.K.'s National Health Service upon entry for everyone over the age of 18.

Clapton has been releasing anti-vaccination and anti-lockdown statements and songs for close to a year now. In December 2020, Clapton joined fellow classic rocker turned anti-vaxxer Van Morrison on his song, "Stand and Deliver." The song features lyrics including, "Do you wanna be a free man / Or do you wanna be a slave?" and "Dick Turpin wore a mask too."

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/eric-clapton-won-t-play-venues-if-they-require-vaccinations-n1274740

I didn't know Clapton was a whack job.

There is nothing better than when DUmmies hear something they don't like and try to denigrate someone objectively excellent and groundbreaking

Star Member niyad (78,609 posts)
2. Who?

:whatever:

Star Member Bleacher Creature (10,165 posts)
7. He's been a whack job for a long time.

He has a history of being anti-immigration that goes back to the 70s.

Star Member Blue Owl (36,077 posts)
10. Slow Hand is now Slow Brain

SarcasticSatyr (938 posts)
14. With all due respect ....

What was the last decade that Eric Clapton was relevant ....

Dopers_Greed (2,449 posts)
31. Clapton is a huge prick

He's a massive racist too.

Just look up some of the things he's said over the years.

Star Member turbinetree (20,469 posts)
56. **** him and that crossroads BS.....you weren't even at Woodstock....

Alvin Lee was a better guitarist...for starters

Ha. Seriously, what a bunch of turds. I'd hazard a guess there are scores of posts extolling Clapton on DU over the years. Now He sucks and is canceled.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Guess which seminal guitarist is now DUmmy-cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 09:27:10 PM »
Dr. Jocelyn Elders will be disappointed with the DUmmies that they're dissing her favorite guitarist, Eric Clapner....

:fuelfire: :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 09:33:46 PM »
Dr. Jocelyn Elders will be disappointed with the DUmmies that they're dissing her favorite guitarist, Eric Clapner....

:fuelfire: :popcorn:

:rofl: :rotf: :lmao:

Remember that fondly!!!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 09:37:25 PM »
Star Member niyad (78,609 posts)
2. Who?

What is your major malfunction? :mental:

Only one of the best guitarists of all time, and the only member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted three separate times.  One for being with the Yardbirds, later with Cream, and as a solo artist.

If someone bothered to scan the DUmp Lounge from a decade ago, there would be discussions of best drummers, singers and guitarists in history.  Distinctly recall participating in a few of those to pad ye' old post count where DUmmies were slobbering over Clapton.

Selective outrage, they embrace situational "ethics".

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 09:49:26 PM »
Star Member turbinetree (20,469 posts)
56. **** him and that crossroads BS.....you weren't even at Woodstock....

Alvin Lee was a better guitarist...for starters

But Jimi Hendrix was, and he played the national anthem instead of kneeling for it.

https://youtu.be/TKAwPA14Ni4
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 10:20:52 PM »
But Jimi Hendrix was, and he played the national anthem instead of kneeling for it.

https://youtu.be/TKAwPA14Ni4

Jimi was a Vietnam Vet.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 06:43:07 AM »
Jimi was a Vietnam Vet.

I just learned something new. Thanks! H5
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 08:00:49 AM »
As of last May, Clapton was not anti-vax as such, but was highly POed by the strong reaction he experienced after receiving each of two doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine, https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/ . Unless he's changed considerably in the past two months or so, NBC Skews lied in insinuating that Clapton is an anti-vaxxer, and DUpipo displayed ignorance in calling him an anti-vaxxer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:51:33 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 08:32:50 AM »
As of last May, Clapton was not anti-vax as such, but was highly POed by the strong reaction he experienced after receiving each of two doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine, https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/ . Unless he's changed considerably in the past two months or so, NBC Skews lied in insinuating that Clapton is an anti-vaxxer, and DUpipo displaying ignorance in calling him an anti-vaxxer.

Anti-vaxxer now includes everybody who doesn't think that people should be physically strapped down and injected against their wills.

As usual, the DUmmies change the language because they can't change the reality.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 08:57:45 AM »
Anti-vaxxer now includes everybody who doesn't think that people should be physically strapped down and injected against their wills.

With slight allowance for hyperbole, pretty much. That makes me a vaxxed anti-vaxxer who answers anti-vax lies with facts, :rotf: .

DUmmieLand, the Hate-FULL-est Place on Earth
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »
Typical reaction from the left. If someone crosses them, they can't just dislike their views, they have to now hate everything about that person.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2021, 09:44:35 AM »
Star Member Bleacher Creature (10,165 posts)
7. He's been a whack job for a long time.

Since Monday-afternoon.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 10:07:12 AM »
One thing I realized a couple of decades ago when my son was learning drums and meeting some of the greats at concerts was that there really is no GOAT at any instrument. There's a pantheon of greats, plus some utter unknowns, who played at such a level of excellence that greater-than or lesser-than is a matter of the listener's musical taste.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I don't make a habit of consulting the opinions of musicians and actors for wisdom in life. Too many live(d) lives that exemplified un-wisdom.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »
One thing I realized a couple of decades ago when my son was learning drums and meeting some of the greats at concerts was that there really is no GOAT at any instrument. There's a pantheon of greats, plus some utter unknowns, who played at such a level of excellence that greater-than or lesser-than is a matter of the listener's musical taste.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I don't make a habit of consulting the opinions of musicians and actors for wisdom in life. Too many live(d) lives that exemplified un-wisdom.

I don't know about that. I saw Jeff Beck playing his guitar at a concert and Eric Clapton came out on stage to play with him all the while staring at Jeff's fingers and shaking his head in amazement at the sounds Jeff was able to produce out of his Fender.

When you have someone of Eric Clapton's caliber doing that it is high praise indeed!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The are all subjective opinions, regardless of movies/sports/music/et al.  That's what people used to argue about in bars, before social media.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2021, 06:17:37 PM »
Response to ripcord (Original post)Thu Jul 22, 2021, 05:53 PM
Star Member niyad (78,633 posts)
2. Who?
Response to niyad (Reply #2)Thu Jul 22, 2021, 06:28 PM
Star Member SharonClark (7,985 posts)
17. I guess you weren't listening to music

from 1970-2000.

Only 3-time inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 4th greatest guitarist of 100 from Rolling Stone. 2nd greatest guitarist of 50 from
Gibson Guitars.

Nobody at all.
Response to SharonClark (Reply #17)Thu Jul 22, 2021, 06:37 PM
Star Member niyad (78,633 posts)
24. Actually, I was. Classical music. Folk music. Women's music. Pagan music. Showtunes.

This individual wasn't in any of those genres.

Well ackshually.  Lying sack of shit primitive.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2021, 07:49:11 PM »
I just learned something new. Thanks! H5

Jimi Hendricks's service in the army was nothing to be proud of. He enlisted because it was either the army or jail. He only lasted a little over a year, being discharged with a general under honorable circumstances.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »
I don't know about that. I saw Jeff Beck playing his guitar at a concert and Eric Clapton came out on stage to play with him all the while staring at Jeff's fingers and shaking his head in amazement at the sounds Jeff was able to produce out of his Fender.

When you have someone of Eric Clapton's caliber doing that it is high praise indeed!

There's a story floating around that Hendrix was invited to play a show Clapton was at, and while Jimi was onstage, Clapton was pacing backstage mad because "no one told me he was that ******* good".  Haven't ever dug in to see if it's accurate though. 

There is nothing better than when DUmmies hear something they don't like and try to denigrate someone objectively excellent and groundbreaking

:whatever:

Ha. Seriously, what a bunch of turds. I'd hazard a guess there are scores of posts extolling Clapton on DU over the years. Now He sucks and is canceled.

Absolutely.  Then realizing they really think that person even knows or cares they are talking smack about them.  Moonbats really think the world revolves around them and their opinions. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.