Author Topic: Black Rifle responds  (Read 367 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Black Rifle responds
« on: July 21, 2021, 09:33:36 AM »
I would be happy to be wrong.

Let’s get the air cleared right away. Black Rifle Coffee’s founder and CEO has spoken out and is disputing how his comments were presented by the New York Times and represented by those reacting to the article, who were led to believe that Black Rifle Coffee bashed conservatives.

Evan Hafer decided to set the record straight regarding the “significant amount of misinformation being put out on the internet” about Black Rifle Coffee and about statements that he has made.

Hafer quickly debunked the notion that he made derogatory remarks about BRCC’s customers or conservatives and then proceeded to explain how the New York Times deliberately twisted his words and took them out of context. According to Hafer, his conversation with the NYT Magazine reporter was in the context of racism and anti-Semitism in America in light of Hafer being the target of an organized attack last year because of “my last name and my heritage.”

His statement here in a 9 minute video on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRfZSOwCSVn/
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Black Rifle responds
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 09:39:26 AM »
I call BS.

Why is his IT staff donors to ActBlue, a leftist political organization?

Why is he so stupid as to actually sit down with the NY Slimes in an interview, and not expect to get the shiv in the back?

I haven't read the article in the Slimes (I refuse to even open an account there, much less pay the bastards money), but those who did read it assert that Hafer was, in fact, talking about "repugnant people" as being those who are anti-Semites and white supremacists -- not necessarily his customer base, but who's to say that at least a few of those "repugnant people" enjoy BRCC's coffee as much as the Silver Star recipient?

I'm not convinced this guy is anything but a jagoff. He's assembled a lot of money through hard work and clever marketing, but he's a dumb as a box of rocks.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 10:04:45 AM »
I 'liked' a couple of the company's initial tweets on Twitter in 2014 or whenever.  That's about all the acknowledgement I've ever given them. 

Something about the name...  'black', like Blackwater...  'rifle', instead of a colloquialism like 'shotgun'...  I dunno.  Just seemed a little too pretentious. 

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 10:32:54 AM »
I would be happy to be wrong.

His statement here in a 9 minute video on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRfZSOwCSVn/

IMO, Hafer was incredibly naive to think the NYT would run an honest story instead of a hit piece.  That doesn't make his initial statement invalid, that he's trying to differentiate between his primary customer base and a few knuckleheads on the extreme end.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein