Author Topic: Black Rifle Coffee shits on Kyle Rittenhouse and his supporters  (Read 1100 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Black Rifle Coffee shits on Kyle Rittenhouse and his supporters
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 08:37:40 PM »
I dumped those ****tards 6 months ago for exactly this reason. Good coffee, but shitty political sense. **** 'em. I buy my coffee elsewhere.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 09:35:58 PM »
I dumped those ****tards 6 months ago for exactly this reason. Good coffee, but shitty political sense. **** 'em. I buy my coffee elsewhere.

When Clay Travis had his daily morning sports show before he & Buck stepped into Rush's time slot, Clay was a spokesperson for that coffee brand.  Never tried it as I'm not a hoity toity coffee person.  But as Travis often said, "go woke, go broke".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 06:02:23 AM »
When Clay Travis had his daily morning sports show before he & Buck stepped into Rush's time slot, Clay was a spokesperson for that coffee brand.  Never tried it as I'm not a hoity toity coffee person.  But as Travis often said, "go woke, go broke".

"Hoity-toity coffee person." Yep, guilty as charged.  :-)

One of America's singularly bad products is Folger's coffee. Gawd, shoot me now.  :thatsright:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »
"Hoity-toity coffee person." Yep, guilty as charged.  :-)

One of America's singularly bad products is Folger's coffee. Gawd, shoot me now.  :thatsright:

To each their own.  And I believe you are aware that I run quite sarcastic. :cheersmate:

We can all be snobs in certain things in life.  Unlike liberals who think nothing they do is snobbish and elite.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 04:22:54 PM »
To each their own.  And I believe you are aware that I run quite sarcastic. :cheersmate:

We can all be snobs in certain things in life.  Unlike liberals who think nothing they do is snobbish and elite.

I make absolutely no apology for being a coffee snob. Spent waaaaaaay too many years in Europe not to understand what real coffee tastes like.

Beer too, for that matter.  :naughty:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 05:42:31 PM »
According to this article, making $240 million last year isn't enough. The author thinks these asshats want to go public and since Wall Street hates conservatives, they'll have to sell out and let a bunch of pussies run their show.

If that happens, well, what can I say?

Any organization will sell out if the price is right.  :whatever:

Redstate

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 03:48:05 AM »
I make absolutely no apology for being a coffee snob. Spent waaaaaaay too many years in Europe not to understand what real coffee tastes like.

Beer too, for that matter.  :naughty:

German coffee is super yum.

What I can do at home in a Bunn with Folger's or Meijer store brand (depending on which one was on sale last week) is acceptable.

But beer-- Heineken has the minimum acceptability.  Wish I could (economically) get Kaltenberg over here.  Sometimes treat myself to a Bitburger from a local import shop.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 06:14:48 AM »
I dunno, I generally respect Mr Ngo's work, but this seems a bit overwrought.  From my reading of the company's statement, they just don't want the brand hijacked by a few fringe lunatics. 

I've had their coffee, it's decent.  A bit pricey, so I get it for special occasions (birthday and such).
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 08:28:21 AM »
Not a coffee drinker myself. I prefer tea, both hot and cold, as my beverage of choice. It seems to me it's a bad play to insult those who might be a big part of your customer base. We'll just have to wait and see if this is another case of "Get woke, go broke".
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »
As I recall (subject to correction), Black Rifle Coffee execs got their panties in a wad because Glenn Beck had the temerity of publishing a photo of Kyle Rittenhouse wearing a BRC t-shirt. At the time, BRC was an advertiser with Beck's BlazeTV and summarily pulled the plug with Beck, insisting that they - BRC - were not in a position to endorse, support, or otherwise make any comment whatsoever about Rittenhouse.

WTF?

If even half of that is true, I don't regret my own pulling the plug on BRC and even sent the ****sticks a nastygram to that effect.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 12:50:16 PM »
Not a coffee drinker myself. I prefer tea, both hot and cold, as my beverage of choice. It seems to me it's a bad play to insult those who might be a big part of your customer base. We'll just have to wait and see if this is another case of "Get woke, go broke".

I suppose it's a matter of perspective.  I can easily see a company wanting to differentiate between their "mainstream base" and a few outliers with extreme viewpoints that could tarnish the brand.  I seem to recall a number of Tea Party rallies that had "agents provocateur" showing up with signs that were questionable at best and quite often were racist or sexist.   If my memory serves correctly, there were people keeping an eye on those and holding up signs of their own indicating that person was not "legit".

The Rittenhouse saga has not gone to court yet; it's understandable that a company would want to avoid being entangled in it.

While I think Rittenhouse acted legally and properly, I'd prefer to live in a world where 16-17 year olds weren't toting rifles in order to maintain order after the authorities refused to do so.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2021, 07:46:43 AM »
As I recall (subject to correction), Black Rifle Coffee execs got their panties in a wad because Glenn Beck had the temerity of publishing a photo of Kyle Rittenhouse wearing a BRC t-shirt. At the time, BRC was an advertiser with Beck's BlazeTV and summarily pulled the plug with Beck, insisting that they - BRC - were not in a position to endorse, support, or otherwise make any comment whatsoever about Rittenhouse.

WTF?

If even half of that is true, I don't regret my own pulling the plug on BRC and even sent the ****sticks a nastygram to that effect.

On the Clay and Buck show (in Rush's old timeslot), they interviewed the owner of Black Rifle Coffee in the 3rd hour of their show yesterday.  Missed the first few minutes, but from what I can gather this was a massive hit piece meant to shame the company.  The owner was completely misquoted or taken out of context.

The podcast is available for free in all the usual spots if you're so inclined. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2021, 08:58:05 AM »
On the Clay and Buck show (in Rush's old timeslot), they interviewed the owner of Black Rifle Coffee in the 3rd hour of their show yesterday.  Missed the first few minutes, but from what I can gather this was a massive hit piece meant to shame the company.  The owner was completely misquoted or taken out of context.

The podcast is available for free in all the usual spots if you're so inclined.

You're speaking of much more recent stuff than I had mentioned. BRCC dumped Beck because of a t-shirt that Rittenhouse was wearing, as if Beck told Rittenhouse to put the damned t-shirt on - probably 6-8 months ago.

Here's an analysis of the interview that Hafer granted with the NY Slimes, which Ngo quotes in the OP.

Redstate

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 09:45:04 AM »
You're speaking of much more recent stuff than I had mentioned. BRCC dumped Beck because of a t-shirt that Rittenhouse was wearing, as if Beck told Rittenhouse to put the damned t-shirt on - probably 6-8 months ago.

Here's an analysis of the interview that Hafer granted with the NY Slimes, which Ngo quotes in the OP.

Redstate

Gotcha, I had never heard about that kerfuffle until Sgt. Snuggle Bunny posted about it.  Just wanted to share what I caught on the radio.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 10:14:41 AM »
Gotcha, I had never heard about that kerfuffle until Sgt. Snuggle Bunny posted about it.  Just wanted to share what I caught on the radio.

STAFF Sergeant.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 02:38:48 PM »
STAFF Sergeant.

My sincere apologies.  Was typing quickly and didn't make the distinction.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »
STAFF Sergeant.

YES STAFF SERGEANT!!!!!!!!!!

:-) :-) :-)
Robert A. Heinlein