Author Topic: Biden to send "Strike Force" to Chicongo. "Woke Military" to the rescue?  (Read 575 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/09/biden-strike-force-chicago-gun-crime/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1mNMurLekBijBlXmYBoAyouA3Khy8him6n_p5fy9ZeOVzT7T36pG1PGWk
Biden Offers to Send a ‘Strike Force’ Against Chicago Gun Crime
President Joe Biden offered to send a “strike force” into Chicago Thursday in order to help Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) stem the tide of shootings occurring daily in the city.

ABC 7 reports that a “strike force” would focus on gun trafficking.

Lightfoot responded to Biden’s offer by saying, “My hope and expectation is that they’re going to be coming relatively soon. I’ve made not secret of the fact that this is a matter of incredible urgency and I think the president’s plan is to make a difference in localities like Chicago this summer.”

On July 7, 2021, the Chicago Tribune noted that the city has witnessed 2,021 shooting victims this year. That figure represents victims in fatal and non-fatal incidents combined.

The Tribune maintains a second table of data focused solely on homicides, and it shows that 364 have been killed in Chicago so far this year.

Chicago, like all of Illinois, has a 72-hour waiting period on gun purchases, a red flag law, and a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card requirement for would-be gun purchasers. The process for acquiring a FOID card involves a background check.

Moreover, Cook County, the county in Chicago is located, has an “assault weapons” ban.

Yet gun crime in Chicago continues to rage.
Hmmm. a strike force could mean a LOT of things...doesn't say what is coming. Are we bringing in the "Woke military?" Will this be a force of social workers? Maybe bring back midnight basketball? Will gang members be prosecuted, or released back onto the streets?

For that matter, will they even focus on gang members? or go after the law abiding again?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
 :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Why federal troops and not the state National Guard?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline freedumb2003b

Posse Commitatus is so Originalist.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

He gonna send in pop corn and his crew, they gonna come in and kick some azz. :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What it really means is he will send in some federal $$$$ to pass out to shut up those complaining. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
He gonna send in pop corn and his crew, they gonna come in and kick some azz. :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What it really means is he will send in some federal $$$$ to pass out to shut up those complaining. :loser:

Corn Pop was a really bad dude:

https://youtu.be/LVwv8cBhnMY?t=9
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Hmmm. a strike force could mean a LOT of things...doesn't say what is coming.

It mostly lets everyone off-the-hook with  " No Comment...  We'd love to update ya but we can't discuss ongoing Federal blah blah blah... "