Author Topic: A look inside the mind of John Hinckley Jr.--that's what I'm feeling.  (Read 405 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun May 16, 2021, 06:24 AM
acg (87 posts)

Do You See What I See?

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?
By Al Garcia

I used to open my windows in the morning, look out into an awakening day, and I used to see the promise that awaited me. I used to feel a sense of purpose, and I used to relish reaching out to try to grasp the golden ring. Those were the days not long ago, when I used to dream, and when the energy and vigor of life used to blossom and bloom with the morning mist.

The days now imprison our minds and our bodies. Endless, incessant moments that swirl and spin around us, never moving, never changing. Hopelessness fighting its way into the very essence of our being. Despair and anguish waiting for a chance to overcome the tranquility and calm that used fuel the very core of us. Now silence and isolation. An emptiness that slays the dreams that used to keep alive the humanness within.

Do you see what I see? Do you feel what I feel?

We find ourselves drowning in a sea of abandoned and forsaken dreams, with tidal waves of desperation and fear falling on tired and wretched souls. Once filled with quixotic notions and grand designs, our minds now stifled to accept the practical, the sensible, the ordinary. The romance of noble deeds, and the pursuit of unreachable goals, displaced by the urgency of simply staying alive.

And through the chaos and bedlam of where we find ourselves today, the rhetoric, pomposity and vanity of unhinged and unbalanced minds continue to lambast and condemn the days that used be. Days of fire and glory. Days when we felt passion in our bellies, and triumph in our souls. Days when dreams took root in minds and hearts, and moments when hope, courage and optimism bloomed.

Do you see what I see? Do you feel what I feel?

I used to open my windows in the morning, look out into an awakening day, and I used to see the promise that awaited me. Now, I am afraid to open the window for fear of what I’ll see. Fear of the shadows that have replaced the morning rays of sun. Dread at feeling a sense of indifference, irrelevance, meaninglessness. Apprehension that the darkening clouds will not float away, but will bring the night, and the screams in the dark that unsettle the fragile human mind.

It is scary to think that at this moment in time, we feel helpless and alone. I see the path ahead fraught with tangled webs of lies, deceit and greed. And I feel helpless and even hopeless with the possibility that we have already been betrayed and misled. Deep down inside of me I can feel and even envision someone with a pocket full of thirty pieces of silver, betraying us, abandoning us, and walking away with a grin on their face, and cloaking their black and tarnished heart with lifeless and listless red, white and blue patriotic emblems, embellished in gold. And I can almost hear the utterance of words we’ve heard before, “I take no responsibility,” or “It is what it is.”

Do you see what I see? Do you feel what I feel? Have you heard what I’ve heard -- the silence and the whimpers?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215436250

If you clicked on the OP thinking that it was going to be an homage to Andy Williams, you'd be wrong.

This sad, bizarre, deranged rant could have been written by John Hinckley or Adam Lanza or Jared Loughner or  John Wilkes Booth or any other unhinged leftist you've ever heard of.  Someone who grew up thinking he'd be a big man who would accomplish great things but turned out to be a disillusioned loser.

I hope somebody is keeping an eye on this guy.

Response to acg (Original post)Sun May 16, 2021, 07:28 AM
Star Member Ligyron (5,955 posts)
9. Well written and expressed.

However, sitting alone in your house feeling helpless won't change the situation one bit.
Good advice but probably too late.

Response to acg (Original post)Sun May 16, 2021, 07:35 AM
masmdu (2,309 posts)
11. Nope

Kill your TV... disconnect from the internet.

Cook, garden, bike, walk, hike, travel, paint, help a child, volunteer, make a friend, go out with friends, stay in with friends, watch a movie, go for a swim, build something, endulg yourself.... repeat.
Good advice but probably too late.

This guy has even the other primitives scared and that's pretty scary.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

That was the most pointless word salad I've ever seen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
IMAGES by Tyrone Green

Dark and lonely on a summer's night.
Kill my landlord.
Kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking. Do he bite?
Kill my landlord.
Kill my landlord.
Slip in his window. Break his neck.
Then his house I start to wreck.
Got no reason. What the heck?
Kill my landlord.
Kill my landlord.

C-I-L-L my land lord!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
That was the most pointless word salad I've ever seen.

Posted this quote from the silly film "Billy Madison" before, but it pretty much sums it and lots of the DUmp posts:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
Sounded to me like they were talking about clueless Joe.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!