Author Topic: No gas! No gas! No gas! How bad is the situation in your area?  (Read 469 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Shanti Shanti Shanti (10,321 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215425556

No gas! No gas! No gas! How bad is the situation in your area?

Entire FL panhandle is empty?

I was able to fill up both truck and car on Monday but now every station I see is closed, pumps bagged.

I'm retired so I wont need gas for a month at least, but its looking crazy out there!

Star Member MineralMan (137,792 posts)

1. The Gas Will Return.

No reason for panic, especially if the tanks in your vehicles are full.

There's an actual reason for the gas shortage, but that has now been corrected, apparently, and the gas will start flowing through that pipeline again.

What has happened is the usual panic hoarding done by people who know nothing about why the gas shortage happened, and just reacted in an unintelligent way.

This, too, shall pass.

Treefrog (1,281 posts)

2. There was really no shortage at all. Until people made a run on the gas stations.

Everybody buying at once made the stations run out. If they hadn’t done that, including all the hoarding activity, there would still be gas.

Liberal Logic.
"There's no shortage. You just can't buy gas right now."
"There's no inflation. Stuff just costs more now."
"There's no illegal immigration problem. There is just 100%+ undocumented lawn care workers now."
"There's no employment problem. You can make more money by not working."

Star Member Turbineguy (32,450 posts)

6. 9 MPG patriots will tell you....

"It's Biden's fault!"

Star Member PortTack (19,037 posts)

9. The pipeline reopened late yesterday ...there's no need for panic!

AP reports it will take weeks for the situation to right itself.

Star Member brooklynite (70,071 posts)

17. No gas problems in NYC...

Perhaps because we're less dependent on cars.

:whatever:

fescuerescue (2,772 posts)

25. It's more than just that.

The pipelines were running at full capacity and we just lost half of it.

The average person can only stockpile 3 days of gas. We are 4 days into the shortage.

RegularJam (238 posts)

26. "The average person can only stockpile 3 days of gas."

Link.

I'm going to assume such a statement omits the largest tank in the possession of most Americans. That would make it a point without distinction.

fescuerescue (2,772 posts)

27. link? really?

Look in your car owners manual.

I bet your tank is only 15 gallons.

But if you need proof that most Americans do not have a tanker in their backyard. well gosh.. I guess you got me!

:popcorn:

RegularJam (238 posts)

28. Yes. Link to back up your claim of what I believe to be highly inaccurate.

Using average fuel economy that 15 gallons will get you 375 miles. The average American drives under thirty miles per day.

"But if you need proof that most Americans do not have a tanker in their backyard. well gosh.. I guess you got me!"

I never asked for proof of any such thing. Period. You seem to be struggling.

I simply asked you to back up your claim which seems to defy logic. You are clearly refusing to do so.

Can you post a link about the mileage a 'average' American drives per day?

I'll wait.

keithsw (261 posts)

23. My little town

In Western North Carolina has 4 gas stations. All 4 were completely out yesterday. Today one of them has Premium only and the line has 30 cars in it. I just drove by

Star Member maxrandb (11,925 posts)

30. I don't give one "blank" about a couple of days delay in gas, BUT

I do care that the Retrumplican Party is cheering this attack and planning to use it against President Biden.

That's right folks...Russian hackers ATTACKED the United States of America, and if you caught 1 minute of Hate Radio or Faux News yesterday, they were absolutely giddy.

It's time to stop treating them like a normal opposition party, and start treating them like a terrorist organization.

They were unable to control their glee over a Russian attack on the United States.

:thatsright:

43. Headline news, "73% of Pensacola gas stations out", I-10 is draining them

52. Washington D.C. gas shortage reaches critical level, nearly 90% of stations OUT

The majority of gas stations in the United States capital Washington D.C. have now run out of fuel

This was despite Georgia-based Colonial Pipeline saying on Thursday that it was making "substantial progress" in restoring operations.

Gasoline deliveries were being made in all of its markets but it would take "several days" to return to normal, Colonial stated.

https://www.dw.com/en/washington-dc-gas-shortage-reaches-critical-level/a-57539855

:whistling:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: No gas! No gas! No gas! How bad is the situation in your area?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »
How many of those complaining on this and the DU-predictable duplicate threads were mocking Texans back in mid February? I'll bet Texas has plenty of gasoline now!

Assaholism has consequences!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 09:19:56 AM »
From the same dimwits who screamed “It’s Bush’s fault! It’s Trump’s fault!” the whole time. But now that it’s Biden, we must all be respectful. Go jump off a high bridge, primitives!!

Biden and his administration is incompetent and didn’t prevent the system from being hacked. His watch, his fault. Liberals will be treated the way they do others.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 09:38:42 AM »
From a sociological standpoint, the 'seed' is now planted in the DUmmies' heads about what they voted for.

The lethargy, the apathy, and the general denseness of the WH.

I saw the Democrats during Carter.  Suddenly it was way better to sit in the backseat and complain about how the Republicans were getting things done and making things happen.   

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 09:54:01 AM »
Noting first that several states do not have enough gasoline to go around, the US does not have a “shortage” but a delivery problem. There’s more gasoline in the storage tanks than at least a months needs for the country. With a shortage of truck drivers and tanker trucks as well as laws preventing shipping by sea to the east coast, yep, it’ll take a while to fill up the station tanks again.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 09:54:41 AM »
look on the bright side DUmmies.  The carbon footprint of the east coast will be drastically reduced over the next few weeks.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 11:49:31 AM »

I do care that the Retrumplican Party is cheering this attack and planning to use it against President Biden.

That's right folks...Russian hackers ATTACKED the United States of America, and if you caught 1 minute of Hate Radio or Faux News yesterday, they were absolutely giddy.

It's time to stop treating them like a normal opposition party, and start treating them like a terrorist organization.

They were unable to control their glee over a Russian attack on the United States.

Oh do STFU DUmbass. If the situation was reversed and there was a Republican in the White House you hypocrites would be actually doing what you falsely claim the Republicans are doing.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 11:57:30 AM »

You mean like democrats when they openly hoped the economy would fail to hurt Trump?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 12:07:01 PM »
How about $1.95 gallon regular gas in January, and now it's 2.98.

How is the Biden economy working out DUmmies?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 12:20:22 PM »
There's Rock Head--all over that thread--the wise old man offering his sage advice, sound judgement, and calming guidance. ::)
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 04:42:39 PM »
1. eat more beans
2. get comfortable shoes.
3. vote for trump next time!! :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Less driving will add another few months to the predicted end of the world in 12 years. :lmao: aoc should be happy about that.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!