Author Topic: Thoughts pls on the CDC just saying fully vaccinated people no longer need masks  (Read 909 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member brush (35,172 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215426645

Thoughts pls on the CDC just saying fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks...
or social distance from others?

I'm going to continue masking as this order is just going to further encourage people not to mask.

I mean who's going to be able to check if people coming into restaurants, planes, buses, theaters, concerts etc. are fully vaccinated or not?

I'll wait until we get more of the population fully vaccinated.

:whatever:

Star Member JohnSJ (77,712 posts)

1. I agree brush. They are doing it because of the right wing insanity, and hope this will encourage

those right wingers to get the vaccine

but I will do as you are doing. Continue to mask up and social distance in public, until at least 70% of the populous have been vaccinated, and during flu season, I will definitely mask up

Star Member dflprincess (26,038 posts)

2. I think it was a bad move

The anti-vax, anti-mask crowd will stop wearing masks and continue to spread the virus.

I hope most businesses will continue to require masks of everyone.

TheRealNorth (3,393 posts)

13. That is what is likely to happen

The non-vaxxers will just not wear masks. He'll, they do it now in some states where there isn't a mask mandate. I would have preferred to wait at least 2 more weeks because there are some people that I know that waited until they were notified that shots were available and that are still waiting on their 2nd shot. It would also allow the teens to get their 1st shots.

But, hey. If more anti-vaxxers and deplorables get Covid, that's a silver lining in my mind.

Star Member MissB (14,428 posts)

5. It puts pressure on businesses

To either keep a mask requirement in place and deal with angry and possibly violent customers or to make the mask requirement optional and deal with a loss of customers or politely angry customers.

ibegurpard (16,448 posts)

7. For me it will depend on the facility.

Grocery store at off-hours when I usually go? I'll probably skip it. Anywhere inside that i don't control who's there and I'm stuck for a while? I'll wear it.
Fully vaccinated with Pfizer as of about 3 weeks ago.

Star Member NightWatcher (38,514 posts)

8. The message I received was "if you've got the shot, you're protected".

Regardless of who you are sitting next to and whether they have the vaccine or a case of Covid.

If that is in fact the case, I'm ready to pass joints around a concert this weekend. Who is in town or can get here?

Star Member Grasswire2 (9,163 posts)

30. But you aren't.

You can still catch Covid if vaccinated. It just won't put you in hospital or kill you. (We are told.)

But if you catch it, you can transmit it to someone who isn't vaccinated.

Star Member Diamond_Dog (19,300 posts)

10. I'm afraid we are going to see more

Kicking and screaming over stores that still require a mask for entry. They will be yelling over how the state doesn’t mandate it any more. Honestly, I wish the states would keep their mask mandates until more people are vaccinated. Ohio is only at 42% ... less than half .... I’m not very encouraged.

PoliticAverse (23,145 posts)

16. That's the thing unfortunately. The only way to be sure the unvaccinated are wearing masks...

is for everyone to be wearing masks.

Star Member barbtries (24,875 posts)

22. I have no immediate plans to quit wearing a mask in public.

This could last as long as I do, and I'm 65 not in the greatest possible shape. The reasons are that I can still catch the virus and if I do and am asymptomatic could still infect others, and i figure there's going to be another virus coming down the pike. I plan to be like so many Asian citizens who just make masks part of their daily lives. This came about I believe because of MERS and SARS. Now it's SARS-CoV-2.

Star Member pandr32 (7,516 posts)

27. There needs to be an app

Businesses, security, first responders, medical staff, etc. should be able to check the app to see if the person is vaccinated or not. If not, and they are maskless and/or not socially distancing there should be a fine generated.
People could be randomly checked so they would never know if their idiocy would be expensive or not.

BGBD (2,534 posts)

38. Wow....a lot of anti science views here

If you are fully vaccinated yoi are safe AND you are at nearly no risk of spreading the virus.

Save your mask and put it back on next flu season if you want, but the CDC is signaling that the pandemic is over in America.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Trust the experts.

Trust. The. Experts.    :-)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
My knee jerk reaction is this is a move towards visible and/or traceable proof of vaccination.  "You don't want to wear a mask?  Show your papers."  or the more modern version presented by one happy to give up essential liberty for temporary security..

Businesses, security, first responders, medical staff, etc. should be able to check the app to see if the person is vaccinated or not. If not, and they are maskless and/or not socially distancing there should be a fine generated.
People could be randomly checked so they would never know if their idiocy would be expensive or not.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

I'm remaining unvaxxed...  I think I had covid a year ago last January, so I'm not gonna mess with my body's own anti-bodies.  I already have certain stores 'scouted' for potential nanny-snitch attitudes about mask-silliness...  Just waiting for our Governor, DeWine to lift the mandate. 

Offline DLR Pyro

btw DUmmy pandr32,  What is your position on voter ID?

Thoughts pls on the CDC just saying fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks...

I'm going to continue masking as this order is just going to further encourage people not to mask.

that's exactly what it is intended for Einstein.  And by all means, continue to wear that mask of submission if it makes you feel you are helping.

Star Member dflprincess (26,038 posts)

2. I think it was a bad move

The anti-vax, anti-mask crowd will stop wearing masks and continue to spread the virus.

I hope most businesses will continue to require masks of everyone

Only businesses that are about to fail that are run by cowering liberals

30. But you aren't.

You can still catch Covid if vaccinated. It just won't put you in hospital or kill you. (We are told.)

that's a risk that people who chose not to get vaccinated chose to take.  Butt out of their lives
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Excellent idea, DUmmies.  Your woke masks only make it easier to round y'all up into camps.  Not to mention it reveals that you're terrified of your own shadow and should be ridiculed as frequently as possible.  Even to your face.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

30. But you aren't.

But if you catch it, you can transmit it to someone who isn't vaccinated.Or to someone who is vaccinated.
Fixed.

When is a vaccine not a vaccine?  When it is a "cure" for the Dempanic/PlannedDemic, and the disease isn't that dangerous to healthy people.

Offline SVPete

ibegurpard (16,448 posts)

7. For me it will depend on the facility.

Grocery store at off-hours when I usually go? I'll probably skip it. Anywhere inside that i don't control who's there and I'm stuck for a while? I'll wear it.
Fully vaccinated with Pfizer as of about 3 weeks ago.

30. But you aren't.

If ignorance were bliss, they'd be having a life-long :stoner: -high. Though by different technologies, Covid vaccines have the same effects as traditional vaccines. The recipients' immune systems produce antibodies that attack any SARS-VoV-2 viruses to which the vaccinated person is subsequently exposed. The vast majority don't get infected. The few others mostly end up with mild cases, because for whatever reason their immune systems reacted more slowly. Welcome to our imperfect world. Very very few are able to infect others.

So ibegurpard and Grassy Judy could go about mask-free without endangering or being endangered if they are both vaccinated (Grassy Judy sounds like she's somewhere between vax-hesitant and a Covid-vax-denier, :rotf: ).

But even though I'll be fully vaxxed next week, I'd gladly have ibegurpard and Grassy Judy stay clear of me as there is no vaccine against stupidity, and while I'm immune, their stupidity is still very irritating.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
JohnSJ

They are doing it because of the right wing insanity

First of all, no such animal.

Second, if I were to venture an alternate motive, I suggest this announcement at this time is a distraction from all the bad economic and domestic news caused by Cap’n Dementia and the Dems incompetence.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Those idiots are such cowards...

Another thread

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215428146
And hypocrites...

1 hr ago

FakeNoose

3. We need to make our own decisions to keep our loved ones safe

The CDC guidelines - are only just guidelines.

Don't let anyone else tell you what makes YOU feel safe and what makes YOU feel comfortable. I'm fully vaccinated and yet I still wear a mask when I go to places like grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants. When I walk my dog on my street or cut my grass, I don't have to wear a mask. When I'm around people I don't know, I will still wear one

Notice that now its just guidelines, and THEY should be able to make their own decisions. God forbid the rest of us wanted to make our own health decisions about NOT wearing a mask earlier.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
I'm remaining unvaxxed...  I think I had covid a year ago last January, so I'm not gonna mess with my body's own anti-bodies.  I already have certain stores 'scouted' for potential nanny-snitch attitudes about mask-silliness...  Just waiting for our Governor, DeWine to lift the mandate.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210426/Prior-SARS-CoV-2-infection-and-Pfizer-BioNTeche28099s-COVID-19-vaccine-provide-similar-immunity.aspx

So, what are they going to do with the millions who have recovered from COVID and are immune?  Are they going to issue and pay for antibody tests so they can get the "passport"?  Those antibody tests are pretty expensive.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

The question the Israeli study, at least as that article described it, seemed not to explore was whether recovered people have immunity against a wide range of variants or "just" what was in circulation in Israel at the time. It's known that the Pfizer (the vaccine Israel has been using), Moderna, and J&J vaccine are effective against currently known major variants (in degrees varying with the variants).

At just about any time in a person's life they have antibodies for all kinds of antigens floating about in their bodies. There is no reason to assume that for some magical reason, unlike the hundreds or thousands of types of antibodies floating about a vaccine recipients' body, the antibodies produced from a Covid vaccine would conflict with the antibodies from having recovered from Covid.

I've put my arm where my keyboard is. I recovered from Covid in January and will receive Pfizer 2nd dose next week.

I wonder how many DU members, on open forum or silently, are Covid-vaccine-hesitant or full anti-vaxxer. Antivaxxers are or no particular partisan identity. OTOH, in the months prior to the November election, Biden, Kammie, and several Dem goobernors were going Full-FUD against the Trump Vaccine.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 11:28:18 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Karin

I knew they would be like this.  You can pry their masks out of their cold, dead hands (I wish).  Judy Grasswire keeps posting the same thing over and over again, it's very annoying. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty

I mean who's going to be able to check if people coming into restaurants, planes, buses, theaters, concerts etc. are fully vaccinated or not?

So, who are the sheeple?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
FakeNoose

3. We need to make our own decisions to keep our loved ones safe

The CDC guidelines - are only just guidelines.

Don't let anyone else tell you what makes YOU feel safe and what makes YOU feel comfortable. I'm fully vaccinated and yet I still wear a mask when I go to places like grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants. When I walk my dog on my street or cut my grass, I don't have to wear a mask. When I'm around people I don't know, I will still wear one

"feel"
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline YupItsMe

My feeling is ugly liberals should wear masks the rest of their lives at least when in my line of vision.  Hot babes should be unmasked immediately.

Offline SVPete

:rotf: Like Star Moron brush has a clue as to the % of Americans who have been fully vaccinated. :rotf:

* As of May 10th (a date chosen for a reason), ~58% of Americans allowed to receive one of the vaccines had received at least one dose; that changed on the 11th, when Pfizer's EUA was expanded to allow youths as young as 12 to receive Pfizer's vaccine (Moderna will probably receive a similar expansion very soon).

* As of the morning of May 13th, 46.6% of all Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine;

* As of May 14, 2021, 16:35 GMT, 26,668,149 Americans have recovered from Covid, and have substantial immunity. This is as much as another 8% of Americans who have immunity from Covid. While some recoverees are among those who have been vaccinated, they are probably more than counter-balanced by those who have recovered but never made themselves visible by being tested.

Realistically, the US is at least entering the zone of herd immunity right now. I'm recovered and will be fully vaxxed by this time next week. For some time now I've only worn a mask where my job or some store/restaurant/my church required it (I don't want my company or etc. to get entangled with the county and state due to my actions).

Offline DLR Pyro

considering how we are getting a large number of illegal aliens  undocumented immigrants poor oppressed migrants thru our southern border daily and we dont know their covid status or if they have been vaccinated, I would suggest that DUmmy brush continue wearing the virtue signaling mask of submission until the biden mal-administration has the border crisis situation under control and we are down to zero unauthorized border crossings a day.  Until then, it would be fool hardy to not wear the mask if you are a DUmmy.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

So, who are the sheeple?

At least we can more easily identify the weaklings in our society.  I'm going to laugh at anyone wearing a woke mask from now on, as I did silently before.  They are psychologically inferior.  And the poor media clowns wondering how they can even shed their masks comfortably...cry my a river.

Grow up and grow a pair of testicles or ovaries.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Notice that now its just guidelines, and THEY should be able to make their own decisions. God forbid the rest of us wanted to make our own health decisions about NOT wearing a mask earlier.

Someone has been watching Pirates of the Caribbean too much.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Someone has been watching Pirates of the Caribbean too much.

Stick to the code!

... well they're more like guidelines...

Offline ADsOutburst

Stick to the code!

... well they're more like guidelines...
No amendment is absolute; they're more like guidelines.

-Dems