Author Topic: Shit- gas lines again - echoes of the 70's  (Read 598 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Shit- gas lines again - echoes of the 70's
« on: May 11, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
Star Member packman (13,430 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215417459

Waited in line, extending out into the road, for 1/2 hr. Passed station after station with pumps closed with the yellow bag over them. I lived thru this crap before and really am too damn old to tolerate it again .

Echoes of the Carter years...

It went so very well for the Dems back then.

Star Member hlthe2b (85,443 posts)

1. Where?

Star Member DFW (42,553 posts)

2. We heard about that.

We're coming back to the USA in July. I hope this is resolved by then--and no toilet paper shortages as a consolation prize, either.

:whatever:

Star Member DFW (42,553 posts)

7. I just checked the average price in our town back in Germany

It US$ per gallon, it was $6.71 when we left in mid April. It is now $7.23 per gallon.

For us, it's Euros per liter, so the exchange rate comes into play, too. It was €1.47 when we left, €1.57 now. Included in the price we pay is a tax on the tax, which you don't get hit with in the USA.

:yawn:

Star Member PortTack (18,914 posts)

5. Brought to you by your russian loving qgop and their hack of the pipeline!

Russia..helping out their friends...ppl get pissed here when gas prices rise. This is a direct shot at Biden.

:thatsright:

Star Member gldstwmn (2,217 posts)

17. Agree. They're going to do everything

they can including voter suppression again and to kick the poor in the teeth by taking their $300 a week away in states with GOP governors. In the meantime the anti vax and anti mask crowd should come to grips with the fact that they are complicit in the deaths of 600,000 of their fellow countrymen.
But if anyone can beat these bastards it's Joe. I was very hesitant about his candidacy. But I was wrong. At least I can go to sleep at night with the reasonable assumption that I will wake up tomorrow.
And yes, this whole thing has shades of what they did to President Carter.

keithsw (250 posts)

9. Our little town in Western NC

Only has 4 gas stations and they all were out of gas by noon today

Star Member hunter (32,900 posts)

10. Been there, done that. Escaped a 70's gas station riot in Los Angeles when the pumps ran dry.

Hours of my life waiting in line, wasted. Angry people were vandalizing stuff when I fled.

Fortunately I had just enough gas to get home. Next day my brother drove me to work and picked me up. He'd scored a full tank of gas.

History never repeats itself but the echoes can be just as dangerous.

Star Member MissB (14,425 posts)

13. Picking up my EV this week

Sold my gas powered car this weekend for 90% of what I paid for it (used) three years ago.

We do still have a truck but it’s our brush dump truck, or our out of town truck. Pretty low usage overall. I filled it up this morning, because the fuel light was on not because of any shortage. It should last until June.

Star Member NutmegYankee (14,861 posts)

15. It's related to the Colonial Pipeline shutdown - caused by ransomware.

The pipeline has been restarted and you should have gas with a day or so.

Interestingly, Connecticut seemed unaffected. We must get our supplies from tanker terminals on the Long Island Sound and not from the New Jersey terminus of this pipeline.

customerserviceguy (25,175 posts)

16. Yep

Happening here in coastal South Carolina. The first station we went to was out of gas, the second one had a long line for the pair of pumps that were still working. And we're talking about 10:45 on Monday night, I predict that by Wednesday, there will not be any gasoline in our area, unless this thing gets fixed.

And I lived through it, too, '73 and '79. And Hurricane Sandy while I was living in the Northeast. It's one of the reasons I bought my hybrid car in 2012, I wanted to have a vehicle that could get my ass to work through a two week crisis on one fill.

Star Member Rhiannon12866 (130,625 posts)

19. Gas is over $3-a-gallon as of today here in NE New York

It's been steadily rising, has been stuck at $2.99 most places, so we knew it was just a matter of time.

I've belonged to GasBuddy for a long time - since gas prices went up significantly before. It lists gas prices in your area - and whether they have gas at all:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Shit- gas lines again - echoes of the 70's
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:07:26 AM »
It's a good thing the government is shutting down supply sites, canceling infrastructure pipeline and mandating non-existent alternative technologies.

That ought to help!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 07:23:30 AM »
Quote from:
PortTack

5. Brought to you by your russian loving qgop and their hack of the pipeline!

Russia..helping out their friends...ppl get pissed here when gas prices rise. This is a direct shot at Biden.

What an idiot!!

Western Europe and Asia (China, Korea, Japan) gets oil from Russia. Here, we have domestic production coupled with that sweet oil that comes from the Middle East. We don't get oil from Russia, primitive. Try again!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »
Gasoline is an eeeee-vile fossil fuel. Why aren't DUmmies celebrating this supply disruption?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »
But... the DHS assures us there is no gas shortage!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 09:35:48 AM »
Gasoline is an eeeee-vile fossil fuel. Why aren't DUmmies celebrating this supply disruption?!

The statement was issued from the side of the road while waiting on AAA.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 12:20:15 PM »
DUmmie stupidity knows no bounds.

DUMPASSES,  Biden took office in Jan, gas was $1.95 gal. here for regular. It's now $2.89.

Trump is not in office. So guess again.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 12:30:23 PM »
Star Member gldstwmn (2,217 posts)

17. Agree. They're going to do everything

they can including voter suppression again and to kick the poor in the teeth by taking their $300 a week away in states with GOP governors. In the meantime the anti vax and anti mask crowd should come to grips with the fact that they are complicit in the deaths of 600,000 of their fellow countrymen.
But if anyone can beat these bastards it's Joe. I was very hesitant about his candidacy. But I was wrong. At least I can go to sleep at night with the reasonable assumption that I will wake up tomorrow.
And yes, this whole thing has shades of what they did to President Carter.

ROTFLMAO. Yeah, if it wasn’t s for those tricky repukes Carter’s four years would have went down as a golden age utopia. How can you be that stupid and remember to breath?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »
ROTFLMAO. Yeah, if it wasn’t s for those tricky repukes Carter’s four years would have went down as a golden age utopia. How can you be that stupid and remember to breath?

Looking forward to the misery index being resurrected again.  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »
Star Member packman (13,430 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215417459

:ownit:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 11:12:41 PM »
Could one of you lurkers provide me with a list, or even one single policy change Biden has done in support of our energy supply?  I mean the energy you'll need in the morning. Not your visionary, pie-in-the-sky, fantasy energy.  Just one policy of Biden's that makes the energy you'll need this week  more affordable and/or available will suffice.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »
Looking forward to the misery index being resurrected again.  :banghead:

Can you imagine how many times sleepy Joe would nod off during a jimmy Carter style fireside chat if those are brought back again
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020