Author Topic: WTF FEC  (Read 442 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
WTF FEC
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:56:43 AM »
Star Member gab13by13 (3,238 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215411135

WTF FEC

See why I believe that Trump will never be held accountable? Michael Cohen went to prison for 3 years for campaign finance violations for his role in the 130k payoff to Stormy Daniels. Cohen even testifies to Congress that he did so at the direction of MF45. In the Mueller report MF45 was individual 1.

So what the **** FEC? 3 Republican members and 3 Democratic members. So 2 Republicans vote not to prosecute MF45 the other Republican abstains so I'm thinking Ok that leaves 3 Democrats. So 2 Democrats vote to prosecute and 1 ****ing Democrat never shows up to vote. I mean someone convince I am wrong when I feel that Trump will never be convicted of anything if he is allowed to skate in such an obvious case against him.

Who is this FEC Democrat who didn't show up to vote? Kick his or her ass off the commission.

Sorry but the insurrection just got another boost, no one is held accountable.

:loser:

Star Member lapucelle (12,050 posts)

1. The member who did not vote (Steven Walther) is an Independent, not a Democrat.

Star Member mn9driver (2,442 posts)

3. 4 of the 6 members were appointed by Trump. Sounds legit to me.

5. So why didn't the Independent vote?

Why do we have 3 Republicans and only 2 Democrats on a supposed bipartisan commission? Why do I have to ask these stupid questions?

Looking at the chart, Walther, the Independent, is only serving until a replacement is found. The freaking graph says the replacement's term expired already. Why do Democrats allow Republicans to delay putting members on the FEC? Why do I have to ask that stupid question. This matter with Trump should have been decided long ago but the FEC never had a quorum. Republicans are excellent in delaying everything and Democrats are excellent in allowing them to delay everything.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, Trump could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and nothing would be done.

Now I suppose asking the DOJ to pursue this will be ridiculed in the MSM as Democrats attacking their opponents since the FEC already voted to allow Trump to skate with the mind boggeling reason that Michael Cohen was already punished. Why didn't they just say we don't want to pursue this because it is Friday?

We are complicit when we allow shit like this to go down.

Star Member malaise (228,560 posts)

2. Who is the Dem

and did they get to this person?

:thatsright:

7. BS on this too.

The commission didn't need to hold an investigation whether to pursue this or not, there were already enough facts already available.

This is horrible. I ask again, if this commission is supposed to be bipartisan why are there 3 Republican and only 2 Democrats? Why not 3 Democrats and 2 Republicans? I will bet one dollar (that's my limit) that Democrats agreed to this make up of the commission to get the quorum, screw it, I bet 2 dollars.

Star Member NJCher (25,996 posts)

18. Walther's Wikipedia entry

shows him to be a very accomplished person with a big interest in promoting democracy around the world.

However....there are some Russian connections. I am not saying there is a conspiracy or anything of the kind.

But it is interesting that this is the country he seems to focus on.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Steven_T._Walther

Note: wikiwand is a graphic interface for Wikipedia. Hope the link works and if it doesn't just search:

Steven T. Walther wiki

:rotf:

9. Look at the frigging chart,

this Independent guy's term expired years ago and he is serving until a replacement is found? WTF again, this puts him under president Obama's term. You mean this guy went right through Obama's and MF45's terms without being replaced? What kind of rinky dink government do we have?

So according to the chart, if this Independent gets replaced the new guy's term has already expired.

This Independent needs replaced by a Democrat and replaced now, that then makes the FEC a bipartisan commission.

I'm putting some whiskey in my coffee.

12. Before I go for my coffee,

I bet this Independent guy is really a Republican. Anyone know why he didn't vote?

See why Atticus posted his thread last night about people on cable news joking about serious issues? Last night Chris Hayes had on one of the Democratic FEC commissioners. Yes she stated how terrible this decision was but she laughed most of the time. When Chris asked her about why 1 member abstained and 1 member didn't show up to vote she just gave a sheepish smile and said I guess you will have to ask them. Hayes responded with a dig at her by saying I guess we'll have to try to get them on the show. Hayes then called out to his producer to look into the issue.

:whatever:

jaxexpat (1,796 posts)

15. It may soon become common wisdom to assume "Independent" QOP plant.

Certainly in non-elected positions.

Star Member ancianita (22,943 posts)

20. Yeah cuz SOMEbody's got to remake the FEC

Per wikipedia,
Presidents normally do have the authority to remove regular executive agency heads at will, but they must meet the statutory requirements for removal of commissioners of independent agencies, such as demonstrating incapacity, neglect of duty, malfeasance, or other good cause.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_agencies_of_the_United_States_government

Sorry, but keeping true to campaign finance law sounds like "good cause" to me. This dropping of abuse of campaign money makes the FEC malfeasant. That's "good cause." And what's-her-face just shrugged at a dumbstruck Chris Hayes and told him he'd "have to ask the two who didn't vote." And so he says he'll invite them on his show. I'm sure they'll decline.

So yes, Joe should be WTF about this and reform that so-called independent agency.

21. Abolish the FEC,

As long as there are 3 Republicans on the commission nothing good will come of it seeing as the GQP is now the party of MF45, the anti-democratic pro authoritarian party. Save the money spent on the FEC and give it to charity.

What better proof is needed to abolish it with this latest travesty of justice.

:o
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: WTF FEC
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »
How pathetic is it that DUmmies can't recognize that this SHAMvestigation was always an anti-Trump FUD operation, never serious. Trump's gone, so SHAMvestigation dropped.

As Dingy Harry infamously said of his slander that Romney hadn't paid taxes in years, "It worked."

And WAAAAAHmney found it easier to forgive the Dems' slander than to "forgive" Trump for being a different - and more successful - style of R than he is (and McCain was).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 10:42:49 AM »
Oh no! We didn't get the answer we wanted! Must be a sham!!!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215411135

WTF FEC

See why I believe that Trump will never be held accountable?

accountable for what?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
accountable for what?

For clubbing HilLIARy like a baby seal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 12:56:28 PM »
And they were also all so sure the SDNY was going to indict President Trump on January 22.

And W at The Hague.

Not to mention Russia, Russia, Russia collapsing like a house of cards.

Must suck to be a DUmmie. :tongue:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 04:17:05 PM »
For clubbing HilLIARy like a baby seal.

The truth is, Barry Soetoro is to blame for Hillary never being president. He schlonged her so bad in 2008, then she made so many mistakes as Sec of State, she never had a chance to beat Trump.