Author Topic: Maybe I am just in a bad mood, but I have had it up to my eyeballs...  (Read 540 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Atticus (10,760 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215410596

Maybe I am just in a bad mood, but I have had it up to my eyeballs with well known TV commentators smiling and giggling as they tell us about state after Republican-dominated state that has passed transparent voter suppression laws.
Last edited Sat May 8, 2021, 07:20 AM - Edit history (1)

After some serious self editing, I'll just say---THIS CRAP ISN'T FUNNY!

People have DIED to obtain and preserve and exercise the right to vote for those we choose to govern us.

Some citizens---mostly people of color---stood outside in line for HOURS in the last election.

Some of us risked assault and endured obscene threats in parking lots and at stoplights for daring to urge people to vote for OUR candidate, Joe Biden.

Plainly stated, it royally pisses me off to hear accounts of such patently offensive legislation delivered in a "shits and giggles" atmosphere. This slow-motion insurrection has the same goal as the traitorous sonsabitches who carried the "Stars and Bars" into our Capitol on January 6th.

This is not a game. If some combination of the courts and Congressional Democrats cannot stop the anti-democracy march of the GOP and their thug supporters, I fear "There Will Be Blood!"

I'm sure I've said "too much" already, so I'll stop here.

:loser:

Star Member gab13by13 (3,236 posts)

1. I have your back, I feel the same way.

It isn't ****ing funny. The #1 issue that Democrats have right now is getting that voting rights bill passed, whatever it takes.

Imagine if Republicans control the House and Biden wins reelection, does anyone truly believe that a Republican controlled House will accept the results.

If we don't get that election bill passed I fear our democracy can be lost.

Star Member peppertree (14,136 posts)

3. Absolutely. They're seeding the ground for when they eventually worm back into the Oval Office

That accomplished, they'll end democracy as we know it - because "voter fraud."

certainot (7,552 posts)

33. they're all right handed masturbating authoritarians- consider the sex on the wrong brain paradigm

the sowb paradigm explains that what they all want is certitude to ease their fears, and that is a heritable old world masturbation problem. part of the Certainty Deficit Disorder

they worship his royal certitude, which cannot exist in a functioning human unless they are capable of massive denial of reality. sowb theory suggests sex energy going to the wrong side of the brain, along with mitigating factors and genetics is the problem

:???:

Bobstandard (371 posts)

7. You're right. It's not ok..

The sh*t going down is not funny. It’s the precursor to what happened in Nazi Germany. The comparison is not hyperbolic. It’s that bad. I get that describing events in this unfolding horror show ain’t easy, that one can look to ironic giggles to help you get through knowing, that the powers that be won let you tell the story step.

But that soft sell of the obvious consequences, those ironic giggles, that isn’t the call to arms we need. Those giggles imply ( unintentionally I’m sure) that all this crazy stuff isn’t an urgent threat.

So sto it already

lees1975 (279 posts)

11. It's happening in states with majority Republican legislatures

They couldn't make their lies about voter fraud stick, so they are going to do whatever they can to shut down the vote. I think it will have the opposite effect. When they tried voter suppression in Georgia, it worked to elect their current idiot governor, but it backfired over time, motivating those who were most affected by it to make sure they got out and voted. There are movements springing up everywhere not only to combat this stuff on the legislative level, but as motivation to make sure people are registered to vote and headed to the polls.

As Sidney Powell has said, "no reasonable person could believe the lies about massive voter fraud." Reasonable people need to go vote.

https://signalpress.blogspot.com/2021/05/the-show-is-over-case-is-closed-and.html

Star Member left-of-center2012 (27,601 posts)

23. Rachel Maddow

it's her regular routine, and why I quit watching her a long time ago.

She rolls her eyes, shakes her head, smirks, uses facial expressions when 'giving the news'.

I guess it's 'news-entertainment'. I imagine her in front of a mirror before her show practicing her routine and suspect they are clued into her teleprompter.

'Roll eyes here'

'Shake head here'

'Make odd facial expression here'

'Smirk'

It's 'news-entertainment'.

Yet many love her.

I'm old enough to remember Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite.
Just give me news !

tirebiter (1,641 posts)

28. Rachel was belittling the author of the Texas racist anti voting laws

She gave a thorough history of the original intent and meaning of the concept of the term, purity of the ballot box which mean whites only. Or were you out of the room when that part was being covered? The author who as sho noted looks like a 17 year old and professed to be totally ignorant of the original meaning and intent looked very proud that he resurrected the terms from the originals Texas constitution. I recommend you watch it again.

speaknow (236 posts)

29. Your right, what's happening is bad but lets

look at it for what it is and that is Where the hell are the
Democrats? Mot not even a peep! How can a minority have
control over the majority, wee because the Majority doesn't
scream enough only a few. Remember when HRC lost they
told the Dems to shut up and and that's it! Plus the Dems
get on TV and the Anchors only want to talk about Rudy
and Chaney, and they go along with it. So those Dems in
Congress are letting the everyday people scream, all the
while most of them are sitting back. All I can say is to the
Dems in Congress is, Stand up for the people that voted
and voted for you, if not then what the Hell are you doing
there!

certainot (7,552 posts)

31. if you really want to destroy repubs destroy their talk radio advantage. until then dems are farting

in a tornado. forget fox. the talk radio monopoly is an easy, vulnerable target with artificial intelligence and limbaugh dead.

ignoring it continues to be the biggest political mistake in history

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Those "well known TV commentators smiling and giggling" are trying to stir up hatred against those states that are passing laws to hinder vote fraud. Why get POed at them?! Well, Star Moron Atticus puts the Moron in Star Moron.

DU sure is filled with obedient devotees of Godwin's Law, :rotf:  :tongue: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

Dead people are people too! Republicans have no right to deny them the ability to vote.

Offline ADsOutburst

Has anyone seen an example of someone being unable to vote because they couldn't obtain an ID?

This is the stupidest "vote suppression scheme" ever.

Offline DLR Pyro

Star Member Atticus (10,760 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215410596

Maybe I am just in a bad mood, but I have had it up to my eyeballs with well known TV commentators smiling and giggling as they tell us about state after Republican-dominated state that has passed transparent voter suppression laws.

by voter suppression laws you mean the laws that prevent fraudulent voters from participating in an election?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpDiver

Has anyone seen an example of someone being unable to vote because they couldn't obtain an ID?

Not to mention that by sheer numbers there are way more stupid lazy wypipo than there are stupid lazy POCs.  Think off all of the po white trash that gets disenfranchised by voter ID laws.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Good place to park this:

White Liberals Watch In Amazement As Black Man Acquires ID

White liberals gathered in the town of Hampton Falls were shocked and astonished as local black man, accountant, and father of three Michael Sparkton walked right into a DOT office and acquired an ID without any assistance from liberals whatsoever.

"It was amazing -- he was smart, clean, and articulate enough to walk right in and acquire the ID without consulting us white people at all," said anti-racist activist Chloe Ryder to reporters. "He walked right in and got the ID, no questions asked. We thought it would be way above his intelligence level because, well. You know what I'm saying, right? Yeah. You know."

Reporters said they did not know, and Ryder was forced to whisper, "because he's black and I don't think he's capable of doing it!"

At publishing time, the liberals were amazed to see he had walked up to a vending machine and purchased a bottle of water all by himself.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
**** your eyeballs.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mr Mannn

Star Member gab13by13 (3,236 posts)
Imagine if Republicans control the House and Biden wins reelection, does anyone truly believe that a Republican controlled House will accept the results.

IF Republicans control the House we will have a REAL impeachment long before the election. America will be amazed that it looks nothing like the shampeachments the Democrats foisted upon us

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Some citizens---mostly people of color---stood outside in line for HOURS in the last election.

Why do you hate PoC's? What are you inferring?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.