Author Topic: The truth is too dangerous to tell ?  (Read 523 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The truth is too dangerous to tell ?
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:14:40 PM »
Star Member kentuck (101,436 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215397681

Some people are too afraid to speak it. Some are too afraid to even think it.

It is so much easier to simply ignore. Especially for those in positions to do something about it.

What is the truth about January 6th? Were all those people that have been arrested independent actors? What is the truth about sedition and incitement to insurrection? Where do the charges stop? Can we get a mulligan on this one?

What is the truth about Russian interference in our elections of 2016 and 2020? Can we really handle the truth? Who, besides Paul Manafort, was in collusion with Russian intelligence? And why? Do we really want to know?

Do we really want to know about all the money-laundering? How many politicians have money in off-shore accounts? Can we just sweep this question under the rug?

How much money was stolen from the US Treasury in the last 4 years? Do we even have an idea? Did Mnuchin ever account for the $400 billion he had set aside? Does anyone care?

How about all the bribes and threats and obstructions of justice? Are those no longer crimes? How about threatening elected officials to find votes or else? Is that even worth bringing up?

Are there lines that our Justice Department are afraid to cross? Or are all these imagined crimes just figments of our imagination?

::)

Star Member dewsgirl (14,505 posts)

2. There is so much I could add to this list. Frightening.

Star Member Takket (14,254 posts)

5. the justice department just raided the home of the ex-president's lawyer

i don't think there are any lines they are worried about crossing, but since Barr spent his term covering up the crimes, Garland is basically starting from square 1. and if it takes 100 pieces of evidence to put you or I away for a crime, it is going to take 100,000 pieces to get drumpf locked away.

Star Member wnylib (6,364 posts)

6. When you put it all together, it is

really scarey how much deep shit we are in.

And there is so much more that we political junkies do not know. Much more that the general public does not know because they are not politically oriented enough to follow it.

But I am confident that Biden, his advisors, his DOJ, and many others have a very clear picture of what we are dealing with. They are working to clean up the mess and restore and preserve democracy. We who are aware need to support them and do whatever we can to help in getting good people elected and waking people up from their complacency.

Jan 6 should have awakened the complacent ones. I hate to think what other events it would take to make them face an unpleasant reality, but I think more people are becoming more aware.

Star Member Warpy (99,998 posts)

8. How about how well organized and how well funded it was

How about we start naming the major players who funded the whole thing? Ginni Thomas is one, but not the only one.

How about we start naming all the people on the inside of our government who helped plan and facilitate the whole thing?

What's it going to take to speak truth not only to power, but to our enemies who hold considerable amounts of it?

People who want to prevent any sort of unrest by letting everybody but the dumbasses who did the actual deeds skate are the biggest problem we're facing right now. They get away with it this time, they'll do it again.

Star Member usaf-vet (3,603 posts)

9. Merrick Garland has the power to investigate some if not all of these.

MoscowMitch will rue the day he stood in the way of Merrick Garland taking a SCOTUS seat. In that seat, he could only have an impact on the cases that make it to the court.

His current seat has all the freedom to open a legal unlimited investigation that he can implement and oversee.

He could start at "home" looking at Bill Barr's bending results and out and out lying to protect 45.

Star Member Stinky The Clown (63,053 posts)

12. Will there be Russian style murders of investigators if they get too close?

We all know this goes pretty deep and very high.

Does America have the stomach to charge a former President with a crime like this.

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: The truth is too dangerous to tell ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 11:58:58 PM »
The truth about the 2020 election is too dangerous to tell.  That's why those who try to bring it up get cancelled
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:20:52 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 08:24:10 AM »
Star Member kentuck (101,436 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215397681

Some people are too afraid to speak it. Some are too afraid to even think it.

What got kt reflective about DUmmies?

What is the truth about January 6th? Were all those people that have been arrested independent actors? What is the truth about sedition and incitement to insurrection? Where do the charges stop? Can we get a mulligan on this one?

No, quite a few were group actors who organized weeks earlier ... organized weeks before the Trump speech DUmmies want to believe inspired them.

Trump's speech was, from a DUpipo POV, worse than irrelevant. Not only did Trump not inspire the riot, he also said the people going later to the Capitol should be peaceful.

DUpipo need a "mulligan"? Is kt inadvertently admitting there were Prog provocateurs in the rioting crowd?

I'd love to do more fisking, but this was the one hateful spew that was based, loosely, an an actual event. The rest of kt's "questions" are founded on his and some Progs' Hate-Trump fantasies.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:33:53 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:22:53 AM »

Trump's speech was, from a DUpipo POV, worse than irrelevant. Not only did Trump not inspire the riot, he also said the people going later to the Capitol should be peaceful.

in their shallow minds the word "peaceful" was a dog whistle to the MAGA crowd that it was game on and take no prisoners.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 11:47:01 AM »
The truth is too dangerous to tell?

Some people at DU are too afraid to speak it. Some are too afraid to even think it.

It is so much easier to simply ignore. Especially for those in positions to do something about it.

The truth is the left is using private companies to circumvent citizens' rights. The left is socially engineering the outcomes of criminal trials. The left is proselytizing students with a fictional version of American history. The left has legal resources to get their terrorist foot soldiers out of trouble. The left has most of the corporate media to spread their lies. And so on.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 11:59:08 AM »
If it weren't for DU, I would have no idea what FOX broadcasted.

Not that DU is reliable.

BTW - does anyone remember Fahrenheit 9/11? Remember how it opens with claims that Bush won illegitimately?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2359062
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 04:40:55 PM »
If it weren't for DU, I would have no idea what FOX broadcasted.

Not that DU is reliable.

BTW - does anyone remember Fahrenheit 9/11? Remember how it opens with claims that Bush won illegitimately?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2359062
I'll listen to Fox on occasion... and when they inevitably say "democrats have gone stupid and leftist lunatics are infiltrating various things", I just think "Um, yeah. I know" and flip the channel or turn the TV off.