Author Topic: Hundreds of 'Jeopardy!' Players Demand Apology for Contestant's Alleged 'White P  (Read 600 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Oh, the things that are controversial in Wokeland!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215384385
babylonsister (167,203 posts)

Hundreds of 'Jeopardy!' Players Demand Apology for Contestant's Alleged 'White Power' Symbol

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeopardy-players-demand-apology-for-contestants-alleged-white-power-symbol?ref=home

Hundreds of ‘Jeopardy!’ Players Demand Apology for Contestant’s Alleged ‘White Power’ Symbol
NOT OK
Jamie Ross, News Correspondent
Published Apr. 29, 2021 5:46AM ET
Twitter

Hundreds of former Jeopardy! players have put their names to a furious open letter demanding an apology after a new contestant appeared to flash a hand gesture used by white supremacists earlier this week. On Tuesday's episode, contestant Kelly Donohue arranged his hand in a way that looked similar to the upside-down “OK” sign adopted by some racists. The open letter, signed by more than 500 former contestants, said that, whether Donohue made the sign with bad intentions or not, it shouldn’t have made it to air and they are now asking for “a statement and a disavowal” from the show’s production team. However, in a now-deleted Facebook post, Donohue said there has been a misunderstanding and that he raised three fingers to show that he was a three-day winner, as he did with two fingers and one finger to mark his earlier victories. “There wasn’t a hidden agenda or any malice behind it,” he said, according to Vice. Representatives for Jeopardy! haven’t officially commented on the controversy.
This is hilarious! There are some reasonable people on this thread (!), but there are others who claim that regardless of the contestant's intent, he shouldn't have flashed a "White Power" sign. And some who claim that it was a nefarious attempt to signal his true identity. And some who think that an actual "White Supremacist" wouldn't be smart enough to be on "Jeopardy."

Frankly, I think this is why so many DUpipo enthusiastically supported the lockdowns, because no matter what you do, someone is going to be offended.

Offline SVPete

I seriously doubt the "Jeopardy!" contestants, winners especially, are that dumb. I think TDB got trolled.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running

When everything is about race, they're racists.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
You can’t help but laugh at the idiots and feel for the poor Jeopardy contestant. Guy was just showing 3 fingers that he had won 3 games in a row, and the kooks have to make it political. This is one of those moments where it’s fun just to mock them to their face because it’s so obvious that they’re being extra special stupid.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
As far as I'm concerned, if there are that many "woke" former Jeopardy players, Jeopardy should be CANCELLED !
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Wow, hundreds out of 10 million..........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline ADsOutburst

And some who claim that it was a nefarious attempt to signal his true identity.

Maybe they recognize discrete racist symbols, or so-called 'dog whistles', because they themselves use them.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Well, this is the most appropriate place for this:

MLB Umpire Ejects Catcher For Making Multiple Racist Gestures

CINCINNATI, OH—A catcher for the Cincinnati Reds was ejected from a home game today after he was caught flashing several racist hand signals to the pitcher.

"We are shocked and saddened by this overt display of white supremacy from one of our players," said MLB commissioner Rob Manfred. "This is not who we are. We stand with the BIPOC community who is no doubt feeling so much pain and trauma after being forced to see such horrific racism during one of our games."

According to witnesses, Cincinnati catcher Bugs "Sluggo" O'Callahan flashed several evil hand signals during the game, including:

The one-finger signal, which represents the desire for one race to reign supreme
The two-finger signal, which represents one woman and one man in marriage
The three-finger signal, a top-secret gesture meaning "white power"
The fingers extended and joined signal, which means "Heil Hitler"
"This is ridiculous! those signs mean "fast ball", "curve ball", "slider", and "change up!" said O'Callahan. "We've been using those signals forever! I did nothing wrong!"

After a month of anti-racist training and threats against his family and all else he held dear, he revised his statement, saying: "I apologize to all who were hurt by my insensitive hand gestures and I stand in solidarity with all who have experienced injustice at the hands of white supremacy."

The entire Cincinnati Reds team has elected to amputate their hands to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

https://babylonbee.com/news/mlb-umpire-ejects-catcher-for-making-multiple-racist-gestures
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

The one-finger signal, which represents the desire for one race to reign supreme

The full meaning of that sign is:

One race to rule them all

And on the Democrat Plantation bind them.

:rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.