Author Topic: Would someon please explain "woke" to me. nt  (Read 518 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Would someon please explain "woke" to me. nt
« on: April 28, 2021, 08:24:30 AM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215380302

leftyladyfrommo (14,552 posts)

Would someon please explain "woke" to me. nt

Treefrog (1,013 posts)

3. Well, one thing I have learned is that there are apparently degrees of "wokeness."

I learned that right here on du. A poster was insulting duers on a thread by saying they all seemed to think that they were “woke AF” but that they were nothing of the kind. This poster was pretty wrought up about it. So apparently “woke AF” is one of the higher degrees of wokeness. And none of us in that thread had yet achieved this level, at least according to the poster who was complaining. Perhaps someone could post a continuum with all the levels?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: Would someon please explain "woke" to me. nt
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 08:28:51 AM »
 :popcorn: Blue-on-Blue :popcorn:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 08:59:20 AM »
Wokeness: The belief that helping or being friends with racial minorities doesn't make you not racist, but saying you're anti-racist does.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »
Wokeness: The belief that helping or being friends with racial minorities doesn't make you not racist, but saying you're anti-racist does.

Perfect.  ^5!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »
"Woke" is a fluid term. It means whatever it needs to mean at the moment so that some dimwitted lib can use it to try and win an argument and/or make their uneducated point.

StarFishDingbat gives us this link: "The Urban Dictionary, which published its original definition two years prior to the official dictionary, defines it as “being woke means being aware… knowing what’s going on in the community (related to racism and social injustice).”

In that case. I'm "woke", because I definitely know what's going on in the community, but the conclusion I've reached as to what exactly is going on varies from what these LW nuts would have me believe. I'm more "woke" than they could ever hope to be, especially to their methods.

Several primitives link back to the origins of the term "woke". What I'm seeing is that "woke" was born out of people who were too apathetic to use the word "awake". If someone is sleeping and you're waiting for them to get up, the proper/correct way to ask is "Have they awaken yet?", whereas the slang way would be to say "Have they woke?" Basic laziness, which pretty much defines their whole lifestyle.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:10:49 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »
Uhmm... Woke AF = Woke As ****.
Slang for "a lot".  DUmmies are so uncool.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 07:17:50 PM »
Woke:

You admit that you're inherently racist due to your skin color. Accordingly you try to be "less white."

You think that gender is a choice, despite the fact that it defies biological reality.

You adhere to the climate change religion.

And you think that Biden is remotely coherent.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »
For whites, "Woke" is the necessary first step into life-long self-flagellation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 11:48:40 AM »
More slang, just like Ebonics.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 12:59:43 PM »
Here is Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam trying to be less white;

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne