Author Topic: Shout-Out to Omaha Steve  (Read 516 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Shout-Out to Omaha Steve
« on: April 27, 2021, 06:43:30 PM »
Star Member Mad Kirrua (37 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215378748

Shout-Out to Omaha Steve
I've been here on DU for the grand sum total of seven days, but have already identified my nominee as the Moral Leader and guiding spirit of this site!

OS is clearly a very intelligent and insightful individual with a strong internal compass of justice vs. injustice, and is in no way hesitant to forcefully make his views known!

(If you're reading this, Steve, you need not be worried: I am a straight guy living with my woman Shani and our three children. Nor am I a political stalker.  I do ask, however: Are you a Native American, by any chance? It's likely you are not, to be sure, but I would be most pleased to count you among us!)

May spirits of Peace beside you.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member abqtommy (9,296 posts)

13. I don't think you're wrong about Omaha Steve but I will have to remind you that

anyone born in The Americas is a "Native American". Now if you mean "Indigenous"
then please say so. And welcome to our happy DU family!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member Omaha Steve (79,460 posts)

17. Thank YOU!

25% Cherokee.

This was my sig years ago.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Shout-Out to Omaha Steve
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:45:34 PM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 07:17:46 PM »
Man, what happened?

I've seen posts allegedly by the big guy, but as they seemed a little bit "different" from how he usually is [was], I assumed Marta was posting in his name, the big guy having gone off to the big pow-wow in the sky.

After all, it was in May 2015 that he promised us he'd succumb within two years.

And May 2017, the time of his presumed departure, was now a long time ago.

But the post in this thread sounds authentically like the big guy.

Perhaps he went to Lourdes, and got healed?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 07:57:29 PM »
Star Member Omaha Steve (79,460 posts)

17. Thank YOU!

25% Cherokee.

This was my sig years ago.

75% oppressor.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 08:28:50 PM »
75% oppressor.

I'm sure that he's got 75% cruel white slaveholders in his DNA, not to mention the Cherokees were notorious for their own slaveholdings.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 09:13:35 PM »
Wish I could find a weaping neckbeard photo of him, but we'll have to settle for this data from his bio on his failed Bellevue, Nebraska run for city council.

Steve Dawes
 I was born in Omaha and grew up in the small town atmosphere of Florence.
 I attended Mc Millan Jr High, where I was an active participant in football and wrestling. While a student at
Mc Millan, I founded RECAP or “Recycling Environmental Conservation Action Program” at the Florence
Presbyterian Church. I continue to be active in environmental causes.
 While attending high school at Omaha North, I was elected to the student council.
 I was a Life Scout in Troop 320. I was also a member of the Order of the Arrow.
 As a young adult, I ran for Omaha City Council, first district, in 1982. I placed tenth out of 18 candidates
without the benefit of campaign funds. This race became the impetus for becoming even more deeply involved
in community activism.
 I have served as a Deacon and Session member at Miller Park and Florence Presbyterian Church. I also served
as youth director at Florence. My faith plays an important role in my life.
 I'm familiar with many functions of how local government works. I held a summer job with Douglas County
while in high school. I have been with the City of Omaha for twenty-four years. My various duties included the
Central Garage, the bailer station, Hummel Park Summer Camp, both the Benson and Hitchcock (now Motto
McClean) ice rinks, the Dodge Park Marina, Warren Swigart Golf Course, caretaker at Brown Park for nine
years, Mo River, and my current assignment I will retire from someday, with the Omaha Police Dept.
 In 2001, I founded the Indian Hills Theater Preservation Society and served as Chairman. I was also a founding
member of 2020 Omaha. 2020 is a group of like-minded citizens interested in preserving Omaha’s 20th century
architecture and landscape. That experience and the resultant network contribute to my knowledge and
interest when working to improve Historic Olde Towne--the heart of Ward 1.
 I had a role in the two documentary films about the fight to save the Indian Hills Theater: Saving the Indian
Hills : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378712/, Preserve Me a Seat: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0852991/
 My wife Marta shares my interest in historical sites and we developed and own several websites of historic
cemeteries in the area. (See http://www.graveyardsofomaha.com/bellevue/bellevue_main.htm, and
http://www.graveyardsofomaha.com.
 We have four adult children and four grandchildren. Since moving to Bellevue, We have been active in the
community. I am proud of the fact that Marta got a Masters degree from Bellevue University. Avid supporters
of the Bellevue Farmer’s Market, we make it a point to support this event each weekend I don’t work. Many of
the Olde Towne merchants recognize us. We actively support the Olde Towne eateries with our dollars and
presence. I know that historic Olde Towne is the heart beat of Ward I, and every dollar spent here helps our
local businesses AND is one more dollar that stays in Bellevue.
 Since moving to Bellevue I have participated in volunteer activities at the Eastern Nebraska Veterans Home
and Hillcrest Health. I’ve been active in the farmers market. I became a regular at city council meetings. I’ve
been a regular blood donor at city hall and the fire training facility off Cornhusker.
 In my free time, I enjoy classic cars, E-bay, relaxing with family on our scenic deck, bird watching, theater,
good-local food, music and friends.

The lack of paragraphs had nothing to do with my copy & paste.  Apparently Old Man Dawes doesn't believe in writing properly.  Each other candidate had solid phrasing and complete paragraphs on their bios.

https://www.voterinformation.org/media/pdf/bellevue_city_council_ward_1_9-23-13.pdf
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 12:01:25 AM »
Good ole Steve.  Can't get elected and can't die, though he claimed both of those options were imminent only a few years ago.  His rise back to the DU elite is a testament to Skinner's ability to look past transgressions as long as he was getting paid to look the other way.  Steve (during the Hillary-Bernie wars) left in a huff to the JackPine board which made him persona non grata.  After seeing the his new home was failing miserably, he crawled back to Skinner begging for forgiveness and no doubt writing a much bigger check to Skinner than Marta approved of.  Now he's one of the few hosts on Latest Breaking News, which to a DUmmie is considered a big deal because the hosts are allowed to lock threads.  Steve is loving his new found power, locking threads left and right.  It's the closest he's ever come to be in a position of authority.  After years of toiling in the turd pond, fishing condoms and tampons out the sewage, he is now officially a boss.  So with his new found power he can arbitrate what items are "Important news of national interest only." and lock anything that that doesn't meet his high standards. So what does he post in LBN that is important news of national interest:

Omaha Steve (79,460 posts)

Kentucky wins first volleyball title in 4 sets over Texas

Source: AP

By ERIC OLSON

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Kentucky’s Alli Stumler bumped into coach Craig Skinner at the team hotel a few hours before the NCAA volleyball championship match and had a question for him.

“You ready to win a natty?” she said she asked him.

Of course, Skinner was. So was Stumler. The All-American had a season-high 26 kills, the biggest coming on the final point of the match, as Kentucky won its first national championship in women’s volleyball with a four-set victory over Texas on Saturday night.

“The moment we woke up, we knew we were going to win this thing,” Stumler said. “The moment we stepped off the plane in Omaha, we said we were going to win this thing. There was never a doubt there was any team better than us.” 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142734283

Yep, Steve still likes to watch girl's volleyball and it's of national interest.  Although at least these were college girls, not his creepy tales of going to watch high school kids.  If anyone posted the results of the World Series or the Super Bowl he'd lock it in a heartbeat, but college women's volleyball...well you can only speculate on why Steve thinks that's of national interest.