Author Topic: Gun control may be in our future ...  (Read 793 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Gun control may be in our future ...
« on: April 27, 2021, 02:04:23 PM »
Star Member StarfishSaver (14,754 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215378084

Gun control may be in our future ...

Gun ownership among Black men and women skyrockets

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, police injustice and national unrest, more Black women and men have been purchasing guns and joining firearms groups.

A report produced by the Firearm Industry Trade Association noted a nearly 60% increase in firearm sales among Black women and men in 2020. And when you consider all buyers, the organization said more than 8.4 million people purchased a firearm for the first time last year.

“We had been seeing the market shift over time,” Mark Oliva, Director of Public Affairs for the Firearm Industry Trade Association, said. “It was looking less like me (a white man) and more like the rest of America. We’re seeing more African Americans, more Hispanics, more Asian Americans, and we’re seeing more women buy guns.”

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/life/that-sense-of-security-is-really-important-gun-ownership-among-black-men-and-women-skyrockets/65-7b8e651a-2e46-42df-806f-d3d21129a775

If this keeps up, gun control won't be far behind ...

:thatsright:

Claire Oh Nette (1,441 posts)

1. That's pretty blatant

Guns were for white guys only. He let it out so causally, he doesn't even know it.

“It was looking less like me (a white man) and more like the rest of America."

A lot to unpack in that statement.

Star Member marble falls (39,027 posts)

3. Going to be a more and more dismal future without it. I have done a total 180 on gun control ...

No one including most cops should be armed.

Star Member WhiskeyGrinder (11,826 posts)

4. Whether by intent or effect, most gun-control efforts have historically targeted Black people

and other marginalized groups disproportionately.

yagotme (863 posts)

6. A lot started post-slavery.

No one in the South wanted a freed slave to own a firearm.

DVRacer (523 posts)

8. Almost every single gun law has roots in racism

I have been saying this for years and are disproportionately enforced on POC.

Star Member Martin68 (16,879 posts)

7. On the other hand, an NRA suit before the Supreme Court right now could have far-reaching

consequences against gun control if the court rules for the NRA.

... So... Now the DUmpmonkiez don't want gun control?  :???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Gun control may be in our future ...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 02:36:34 PM »
Oh, now they care about the racist origins and effect of gun control.  ::) :mental: :thatsright:

I'd be willing to bet that members of minorities (especially poorer ones) have long viewed guns as a necessary means of defense. It's not a recent trend.

Watch the gaslighting and mental gymnastics of the left trying to convince everyone that it's always been republicans trying to keep guns out of the hands of minorities.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 02:43:46 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 02:44:40 PM »
Like any gun control measure would affect the DNC's primary voting block. Criminals, the ones that such measures are supposed to stop getting firearms, don't give a crap about laws since, you know,  they're criminals. The only people being hurt will be the law abiding citizenry. Then again the DNC don't give a **** about those people in the first place so, in their eyes, it's ok to violate their 2nd amendment rights.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 02:46:49 PM »

You don't think all those old farts are going to fight the police, military, and Trump supporters on their own, do you?

Oh, no - no - no.

They need an army of minorities to do the fighting and the dying for them.

But, don't worry, there will be health care and EBT cards for those who faithfully serve.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
Let me understand this DUMMY lack of logic...does this nincompoop think Republicans will now want gun control because blacks are buying more guns?

B.S.  Any American who is eligible to buy a gun should be encouraged to do so.  Regardless of color/gender.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Blacks know what happens when the cops pull out of the inner cities. They are buying guns for self protection. They know the Democrats will do nothing to protect them.

These are not gang members buying guns, they already have their guns. These are people who want to live a normal life. This is exactly what Gun Rights people want. an entire constituency abandoning Democrat failed policies.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 03:57:14 PM »

They were for gun control before they were against it... (to paraphrase john F'ng kerry who incidentally fought in Vietnam)
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 05:36:09 PM »
yagotme (863 posts)

6. A lot started post-slavery.

No one in the South wanted a freed slave to own a firearm.

DVRacer (523 posts)

8. Almost every single gun law has roots in racism

I have been saying this for years and are disproportionately enforced on POC.

That is the truth. DUmmies are projecting their own racism onto 2nd Amendment advocates. They think we'll support more gun laws to keep black people from legally owning them. I want everyone that knows how to safely operate a firearm to legally own one if they want. I don't give a shit about skin color.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 08:05:49 PM »
According to the left and Joe Biden, minorities aren't smart enough to get ID or us The Internet.  Shouldn't the left want to ban them from owning guns?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 08:18:49 AM »
That is the truth. DUmmies are projecting their own racism onto 2nd Amendment advocates. They think we'll support more gun laws to keep black people from legally owning them. I want everyone that knows how to safely operate a firearm to legally own one if they want. I don't give a shit about skin color.

:hi5: Likewise. I do not care about the skin color of a law-abiding citizen (and legal immigrant if they are also allowed) who chooses to buy a gun.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 11:07:23 PM »
DUmp monkeys will go on and on about how McDonald v. City of Chicago was one of the worst Supreme Court decisions ever.  Here's the face of that lawsuit that they hate so much:

"McDonald was one of four plaintiffs who challenged the city's decades-old handgun ban and who won a 5-4 decision in 2010. He argued that he was trying to protect himself and his family from the violence outside his front door in a deteriorating neighborhood on Chicago's South Side."

This decision was applauded by 2nd Amendment advocates.  Democrats, however, hate the concept that law abiding individuals should have the ability to defend themselves from criminals.

By the way here's how McDonald v. City of Chicago was ruled by the Supreme Court:

Alito, Roberts, Scalia, Kennedy and Thomas concurred with the right of home owners to possess hand guns for self-defense.  They are all considered "right-leaning".

Stevens, Breyer, Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissented.  Stevens is considered "right-leaning", however the others are considered "left-leaning".

So which group is trying to take guns away from law-abiding black people?

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »

They are all for gun control for white, law abiding citizens and LEO's, but oppose it for POC and criminals.  :banghead:

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 05:43:59 PM »
They are all for gun control for white, law abiding citizens and LEO's, but oppose it for POC and criminals.  :banghead:

Affirmative action...

in action