Author Topic: Why I'm not getting the vaccine  (Read 1059 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Why I'm not getting the vaccine
« on: April 27, 2021, 09:40:58 AM »
Three factors went into my decision:

1) what are the odds I will contract C19

2) what are the odds of getting seriously ill/dying

3) what are the side effects from the vaccine that can be reasonably expected

Most everyone I know who got the shots got really sick with the second being the worst of the two. Not deathly ill, but certainly sick enough to hate life.

"Sicker than a shit eating dog," as us Southern trash are wont to say.

If I got the actual virus - assuming I haven't already and was asymptotic - I would not be THAT sick. Also, the highest mortality rates are among the elderly and obese; groups I do not belong to. I'm no more concerned about C19 than I am any other form of influenza.

Weighing the cost-benefit scenarios: I don't fear the vaccine, but I see no reason for getting it as the odds of my dying from actual disease are vanishingly small, but the odds of me missing days of work are substantial. The odds of getting C19 are happenstance (again, assuming I haven't already had it) , whereas an injection is an absolute introduction into my body.

I'm not anti-vaccine, I recommended it to my 87 year old father, but I will politely decline.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
Re: Why I'm not getting the vaccine
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:55:47 AM »
This 79 yo, end stage congestive heart failure suffere got his two shots at the earliest opportunity - January and February. Had a knot on my shoulder for a day after the first, nothing on the second. Same true for my wife.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 10:27:01 AM »
This 79 yo, end stage congestive heart failure suffere got his two shots at the earliest opportunity - January and February. Had a knot on my shoulder for a day after the first, nothing on the second. Same true for my wife.

Should I feel bad about not feeling bad for left wing commentator, Jimmy Dore? 😏

(see attached)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »
Had my 2nd shot about 6 weeks ago and the first shot about 3 weeks before that one. Pfizer vaccine.

Zero issues - no sickness, no blahs, no feeling like I got hit by a truck.

I'm 64, fat, and don't smoke.

To each his own. Herd immunity is gonna happen regardless, if we're not already there.

Oh, and shitcan the f'n masks, people. Time to wrap this goatrope up.

https://townhall.com/columnists/mattvespa/2021/04/27/the-last-shred-of-the-covid-panic-lockdown-regime-has-been-evisceratednow-reopen-the-country-n2588575?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=04/27/2021&bcid=54b311e9e985a52310aeaad8e21af0fc&recip=19794211
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 11:14:14 AM »
Three factors went into my decision:

1) what are the odds I will contract C19

2) what are the odds of getting seriously ill/dying

3) what are the side effects from the vaccine that can be reasonably expected

Most everyone I know who got the shots got really sick with the second being the worst of the two. Not deathly ill, but certainly sick enough to hate life.

"Sicker than a shit eating dog," as us Southern trash are wont to say.

If I got the actual virus - assuming I haven't already and was asymptotic - I would not be THAT sick. Also, the highest mortality rates are among the elderly and obese; groups I do not belong to. I'm no more concerned about C19 than I am any other form of influenza.

Weighing the cost-benefit scenarios: I don't fear the vaccine, but I see no reason for getting it as the odds of my dying from actual disease are vanishingly small, but the odds of me missing days of work are substantial. The odds of getting C19 are happenstance (again, assuming I haven't already had it) , whereas an injection is an absolute introduction into my body.

I'm not anti-vaccine, I recommended it to my 87 year old father, but I will politely decline.

Thanks SSG, I am so happy to see this subject posted for discussion.

I especially agree with points (2) and (3) above ...

And also your writing "an injection is an absolute introduction into my body."  That particular point is what bothers me the most.  IMO these vaccines, which are not FDA approved & are released for emergency use only (I think that is the wording).

They have not been on the market anywhere near long enough for me to chance. My GP & I are watching the J&J one closely, as it is not the same as the other two, is more like the way vaccines *used* to be made in the past.

That being said ... Mr. ABC has had both of his Moderna shots & did fine with them.  Not for me, however.

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »
Got my 2nd shot (Moderna) a week ago today. First one was no problem apart from the usual soreness at the injection site. Second shot was another matter all together. About 12 hours after getting the shot I came down with a severe case of the chills complete with shivering like crazy. I crawled into bed under 3 blankets to warm up and stayed there till about noon the next day. Being 62 I had to get up in the middle of the night to go #1. Let's just say it was really hard to hit the target when you're shivering like crazy.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:41:20 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »
Your body, your choice, SSB.

Fully vaccinated personally. And Zathras, didn't have quite the bad reaction to my 2nd shot.  But had a horrible headache the following day and took a 2-3 hour nap, which I never do.  A few friends closer to your age had a similar reaction as to the chills.

Now onto this mask theatrics. Never ever wore the damn face bra outdoors. Only really put it on at the grocery store and a couple of doctors appointments.  Last Saturday, used Uber to travel to and from my gig. The driver showed up a few minutes early and I forgot to put on my woke mask.  He laughed and said no one cares.

Personally think the best way to fight this oppression is to refuse to wear the stupid things anymore. What are the Karen's going to do, call the police (whom they hate)?

Some of my golf buddies are planning on a mask bonfire once they're all vaccinated.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 04:54:24 PM »
CDC unveils new mask guidance for fully vaccinated Americans

Washington — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) unveiled updated guidelines on Tuesday detailing activities that vaccinated people can safely resume, including attending small outdoor gatherings without the need to wear a mask.

The new "interim public health recommendations" detail a variety of situations in which individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can forgo wearing a mask, but urged the continued use of face coverings in most indoor settings and in crowded outdoor areas.

"Today is another day we can take a step back to the normalcy of before," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a briefing by Biden administration officials. "Over the past year, we have spent a lot of time telling Americans what they cannot do, what they should not do. Today, I'm going to tell you some of the things you can do if you are fully vaccinated."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-guidance-face-mask-outdoors-vaccinated-americans/

They aren't giving me any incentive to get the vaccine.  I just missed a week of work because of a cough/scratchy throat, minor fever, (under 100). Tested negative, so I can go back to work even with a cough, scratchy throat and low grade fever. WTF?

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 08:32:15 PM »
Your body, your choice, SSB.

Fully vaccinated personally. And Zathras, didn't have quite the bad reaction to my 2nd shot.  But had a horrible headache the following day and took a 2-3 hour nap, which I never do.  A few friends closer to your age had a similar reaction as to the chills.

Now onto this mask theatrics. Never ever wore the damn face bra outdoors. Only really put it on at the grocery store and a couple of doctors appointments.  Last Saturday, used Uber to travel to and from my gig. The driver showed up a few minutes early and I forgot to put on my woke mask.  He laughed and said no one cares.

Personally think the best way to fight this oppression is to refuse to wear the stupid things anymore. What are the Karen's going to do, call the police (whom they hate)?

Some of my golf buddies are planning on a mask bonfire once they're all vaccinated.

I likely am going to regret this, but just can't resist it.  I can't,  I can't!  :lmao:

Ralphie, knowing that you are perhaps one of the youngest males in here ...

And your reference to the masks as face bras and are planning to celebrate by having a "bonfire" with your golf friends when all are vaccinated.

Just wondering ...

If any female friends attending will be limited to the type of item in which to contribute?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:34:46 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »
Oops!

Should have included  ...

Your party, your choice!   :rotf:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 09:07:57 PM »
I likely am going to regret this, but just can't resist it.  I can't,  I can't!  :lmao:

Ralphie, knowing that you are perhaps one of the youngest males in here ...

And your reference to the masks as face bras and are planning to celebrate by having a "bonfire" with your golf friends when all are vaccinated.

Just wondering ...

If any female friends attending will be limited to the type of item in which to contribute?

Darlin', thanks for the compliment.  However, certainly I'm not the youngest male here as I turned 50 last year.

And considering the giant cluster-f*ck that 2020 turned out to be, my college and high school friends were deprived from having any sort of party to celebrate rolling over that odometer with a -0- at the end.  Not a huge deal, but this year our little groups from both college and high school are planning on having a fun make-up for 2020.

As far as burning items. masks are required and must be burned.  Bras and panties...well, I'll let the ladies decide on that.  Based on how well I know many of them, they just might.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 07:25:17 AM »

Yeah. It's kind of hard to give a **** when they say, "THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL - BUT IT CHANGES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »
Yeah. It's kind of hard to give a **** when they say, "THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL - BUT IT CHANGES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

But now we can go outside without a mask if we're vaccinated.  :lol:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 04:22:34 PM »
I'm kind of curious if there is any correlation to the people who contract C19 but are asymptotic and people who get the vaccine without feeling ill.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 07:53:09 PM »

Well, babe, not knowing how old you are ...

Depends on *where* you wish to go!  No ???  :-)

Mr. ABC is well vaccinated, up one side & down the other  ...

But I still must keep an eye out for him, as heaven knows,  since we are retired, where he just might wander off to!    :rotf:

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 07:58:46 PM »
Uh- oh!  Now I've done it. Was only joking. Honest, I was!!!

He knows I spend time in here, and knows how to access it.  YIKES!  :-)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:02:26 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 04:19:39 AM »

Yeah, that's mighty neighborly of the CDC to arrive at that lofty conclusion.  :whatever: Whatever the CDC claims to be, they're not. They're politicians, especially those morons at the top.

I have never understood the logic in wearing a mask outdoors. At the beginning of this fiasco, I could understand the mask thing indoors, but never outdoors.

And now we have a bevy of studies that completely refute the idiocy of the mask thing at all. But it's too late. They have designer masks now.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »
But it's too late. They have designer masks now.

That is when I knew this was going to last a long time. Last spring all these printed design masks were coming out. Various designs of face shields were being sold even though many people weren't even wearing those yet.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 05:31:21 PM »
That is when I knew this was going to last a long time. Last spring all these printed design masks were coming out. Various designs of face shields were being sold even though many people weren't even wearing those yet.

Part of my lament is toward the hordes of lame dumbasses who actually think the mask thing is "cool."

That appears to be the bulk of the people I encounter. They're actually proud of the f'n thing. They all need to be burned - YESTERDAY - uh, the masks, not the people. Unless they can't stop being stupid, which is a distinct possibility. But I digress....

The CDC should be defunded, scrapped, shitcanned, and otherwise relegated to the trash heap of history. We need those politicians like we need Fauci - which is, we don't.