Author Topic: Democrats need to confront the stone cold truth.  (Read 432 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Democrats need to confront the stone cold truth.
« on: April 27, 2021, 08:51:58 AM »
Star Member kentuck (101,364 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215376482

Democrats need to confront the stone cold truth.

Republicans are never going to speak out against the Big Lie.

They are never going to be converted with facts or the truth.

Democrats cannot compromise with lies and conspiracy theories.

There is no nice way to call them bald-faced liars that are supporting an insurrection against our country.

There is no middle ground for them to stand on, so long as they cling to lies and delusions.

We are where we are.

The Republicans are never going to change until the voters change them.

In my opinion, that is the reality we are confronting.

When they show you who they are, believe them.

:yawn:

Claire Oh Nette (1,427 posts)

1. Lordy, there are video tapes

Play their own words after the insurrection back, on a loop. Play Hawley's disgusting preview over, and over.

There is no nice way to call them bald faced liars because we're done playing nice. Call them America hating seditious liars.

Children's fantasy hour is over.

Catch2.2 (619 posts)

52. But they won't..unfortunately. The majority of the people I saw attacking Republicans last election were......Republicans! (Lincoln Project). Dems are too nice, or maybe they're too scared of what people will think. Maybe they just aren't cutthroat like Republicans.

:rotf:

Star Member Celerity (19,192 posts)

53. They damn well better get so. The Rethugs are a death cult. They want us either dead or enslaved. Litterally that is their endgame.

S
tar Member abqtommy (9,273 posts)

3. I believe in locking all the reTHUG Fascist Insurrectionists up NOW. So what's the hold up?

Star Member Grasswire2 (9,082 posts)

4. the imperative that follows your presentation....

....is for Dems to seize the power that the electorate granted us, shove "bipartisanship" aside because it is a mirage, a trap and the road to fascism.

Just be brutal if necessary.

Add to the SCOTUS. Make DC and PR states.

Do it now, before GOP gathers any more momentum.

I realize that Biden wants to implement a relief agenda first.

But that is a high wire act.

Somehow Dems have to act to hold Pugs accountable at the same time.

Pepsidog (4,498 posts)

9. Must be done now. No time to wait. I fear 2022 will be a repeat of 2010 midterm.

Star Member BigmanPigman (41,603 posts)

46. I've been saying the same thing

to myself for a few months. I don't want to be in this position at this time and admit it, but we have to. The crazy GQP combined with social media and Fux Ruse are indeed crazy, but people are believing it. I do not see this ending any time soon so we must step up and take action ASAP!

Pepsidog (4,498 posts)

49. Absolutely correct. We watch and scream "They can't get away with that" and they get away with it.

All these good policies Joe is proposing and passing only to have the RW media twist and contort what is happening. Obama comes in, restores confidence, passes Obamacare and how is he rewarded, he loses midterms. All it will take is one Biden slip up and you are right the RW echo chamber will amp up the message to an even more rabid republican electorate. Like Obama saying you can keep your doctor, or her emails etc etc. I have heard plenty of times the Republican Party is finished only for them to come back and now have a 6-3 SCOTUS. We must wake UP!

Star Member uponit7771 (76,407 posts)

61. +1, seeing that the right in DC is sympathizing with 1/6 terrorist they will ***NOT*** let go of ...

... power if they get it back.

There is no tomorrow, we don't win in 22 we turn into Belarus or Turkey

Progressive Jones (3,770 posts)

5. The GOP is down. Start kicking. nt

Star Member Under The Radar (2,939 posts)

6. The silver lining is ....

.... that republicans are losing educated whites, they have lost all the crumbs from any minority group, except the ones that they pay to mouth the talking points on tv. They are losing corporations, their main source of contributions from decades past, They will continue to lose white women. Not that these people will vote Democratic, I think that they will just not vote, they dare a dying breed.

They keep all of the white people that pray with a Bible in one hand and a AR15 in the other, the ones that believe Moses wrote the US constitution but for the life of them can only tell you half of a 24 word sentence that is the 2nd amendment and they believe that they were defending the constitution when they attacked our government while it was conducting a constitutional procedure on Jan6th
I don’t think the idiot party will go to the polls unless it is Trump they are voting for.

Star Member Shermann (3,220 posts)

17. The stone cold truth is conservatives want to make liberals cry

That's what Stop the Steal is along with most other conspiracy theories.

That's what vaccine apathy is about, as self-defeating as it may truly be.

The anti-science thing is mostly about profits but crying liberals is like a bonus.

The sore winners have transitioned to being the sore losers.

Star Member calimary (62,288 posts)

21. Then we simply move through them, go around them, plow through them, ignore them outright, and get the job done OURSELVES. They’re not gonna help OR cooperate and we shouldn’t even bother with them. Let’s not waste another minute trying to coax, cajole, bargain, negotiate, whatever you might call it. NOPE. Too late. We’ve done that already. It gained us nothing. Give Susan Collins every cave-in she wants and she’ll still say no. Same for Lisa Murkowski most of the time.

Been there/done that and it gained us mostly nothing. I think it’s REALLY time to face the facts and move on without this ball ‘n’ chain brigade.

We should stop repeatedly knocking on a door that’s been glued shut and then abandoned before the glue was even dry. Let’s push our Dems to go it alone and get as much accomplished as possible on our own. We’ll just have that much more good stuff to brag about, AND to remind voters what we were able to do for them, by the time the next elections are happening.

**** the GOP. We don’t need ‘em to help get America back on its feet. And they can whine all they want, but it’s time we helped everybody realize that Republicans DON’T want to help you.

Heck, they don’t want to help ANYBODY! Except for their own selfish, greedy, short-sighted, mercenary little selves. The PEOPLE, however - the VOTERS put there, THEY are with us. And they’re from both parties. Voters want these accomplishments delivered, and that includes Republican voters.

Screw the politicians. We’ve got the people.

Star Member Dan (2,357 posts)

24. Democrats need to read or re-read (audio version is available)

The rise and fall of the Third Reich;

It is all there, what the game plan is and how they plan to win. The Big lie is just one part of the plan.

I’m re-reading (audio this time - I’m just too old to read the book again) the book, and the GOP will destroy this nation, Democracy to fulfill their dream of power.

I used to believe that this nation had a future; I’ve lived through so much; and at one time I believed that we could have a multicultural, multi-ethnic, multiracial and multi-religious nation that could live in harmony. I was optimistic during the Trump reign of terror that we could survive as a nation because so many people of good will voted him out of office. But post-Trump it seems apparent to me that the GOP will destroy this nation, to either put Trump back in power or a Trump clone. Even in the face of all the damage that he did to the nation, domestically and internationally. And once (if successful) they’re in power, I do believe that they will define and kill millions. I believe this, the GOP and its supporters are evil and there can be no compromise with evil.

I’m sorry that I feel this way, but sadly, very sadly I do. I do believe that history has lessons for us and we need to learn from it, good and bad. And the GOP and its supporters are evil and they show us everyday who and what they are.

Star Member kentuck (101,364 posts)

37. I believe truth is our most powerful weapon.

The truth is that the Republicans are covering up their complicity in the attack upon our Capitol.

That is why they do not want a 1/6 Commission.

That is why they still stand behind Trump, the Inciter in Chief that invited the attack.

They lie.

To their supporters and to the public.

We shall let them continue to defend their lies.

That is our most powerful weapon, in my opinion.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member dchill (27,231 posts)

44. They call US anti-American because projection.

Star Member GoodRaisin (5,599 posts)

48. You are right, of course. And, Republican state law makers are busy rigging

elections through election law changes as we speak. It seems to me that if they are successful in their election rigging and can take back states like Georgia, Arizona, PA, etc., in 2022, we will probably have lost our democratic process. So we need to protect our turf first. Bring challenges in the courts to strike down Republican anti-democracy laws, or at least delay implementation, and protect/defend our majorities in 2022. I think a rigorous campaign against their anti-democracy efforts could be helpful too, where we face close races and need to get enough voters to see the truth in what the Republicans are up to. I think that's where the focus should be. I don't know that we have the votes in Congress now to pass bold legislation with the likes of Manchin pushing back on everything Joe tries to do. Not saying not to try, but I have little hope of anything significant getting done without changing the filibuster rules or eliminating it.

Star Member Raster (20,479 posts)

58. There is only one path forward...

Vote. Every. Republican. Out. Of. Office.
None of them deserves election or re-election.
All of them are GUILTY of subverting democracy.
NOTHING will ever get better in the U.S. until the GOP* is gone!

#VoteEveryRepublicanOut #DeleteTheGOP

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Democrats need to confront the stone cold truth.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:06:09 AM »
Star Member Grasswire2 (9,082 posts)

4. the imperative that follows your presentation....

....is for Dems to seize the power that the electorate granted us, shove "bipartisanship" aside because it is a mirage, a trap and the road to fascism.

I realize that Biden wants to implement a relief agenda first.

But that is a high wire act.

Somehow Dems have to act to hold Pugs accountable at the same time.
Yes, let your delusional (and in the case of making DC a state, illegal) power fantasies just spill out. Try to crush the GOP. Your mandate will go up in smoke. Your candidate would not have won the presidency but for lies, cover-ups, and propaganda from the mainstream media.

The majority of the people I saw attacking Republicans last election were......Republicans! (Lincoln Project). Dems are too nice, or maybe they're too scared of what people will think. Maybe they just aren't cutthroat like Republicans.
LOL. The Lincoln Project was a textbook grift, and it fed off of anti-Trump leftists.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:40:58 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 09:26:55 AM »
 :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:

DUmmies' delusions of relevance are so cute.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:29:35 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 09:52:30 AM »

Pepsidog (4,498 posts)

9. Must be done now. No time to wait. I fear 2022 will be a repeat of 2010 midterm.

translation:  We broke in and took over and now we need to quickly change the locks before we are kicked out in 2022.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 09:55:41 AM »
People who have made it a policy to alienate the police and military shouldn't be trying to instigate civil wars.

Blue haired, emotionally fragile, gender confused spoiled brats don't make good soldiers.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »
:blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:  :jerkit:  :blah:

DUmmies' delusions of relevance are so cute.

It's good to see the hat-wearing purse-carrying Judy, the grasswire primitive, is still going strong despite her great old age.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »
Democrats calling anyone else 'cutthroat' just rings hollow.

Expand the Supreme Court. Add states in order to solidify power in the legislature. Do so on the pretense that republicans are engaged in a power grab.  ::)

Also, I love how the dems got bitch-slapped by the new census right as they're talking about adding DC as a state.  :-)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:03:28 PM by ADsOutburst »