Author Topic: The lies, if permitted to continue, will destroy America.  (Read 952 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The lies, if permitted to continue, will destroy America.
« on: April 23, 2021, 04:32:32 PM »
Star Member kentuck (101,330 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215366407

They will destroy America for Republicans. They will destroy America for Democrats. There is no way to survive in a dual reality, especially when one is so blatantly untrue.

For personal political reasons, or whatever, there are those that choose to continue the "Big Lie" that the last election was stolen. Each and every day that it is pushed and promoted, it becomes more and more believable to those that wish for it to be true.

The bottom line is that the insurrection continues.

The sedition continues.

The attempted coup continues.

It would be foolish to ignore it.

“I, John Brown, am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood. I had, as I now think vainly, flattered myself that without very much bloodshed it might be done” (Brown in Sanborn, p. 620).

Star Member abqtommy (9,179 posts)

1. History shows us that Fascism must be destroyed at the earliest opportunity because

after that it becomes very difficult and costly in many ways to do the job. It's already
late in the difficult stage so let's get to it!

Funtatlaguy (8,868 posts)

2. We won't do what is necessary to stop the lies.

We must change the current perceived definition of freedom of speech and media freedoms to lie with no consequences.
Americans don’t know how to do that without changing the Constitution and that will never happen.
The only hope is to kill the filibuster and push thru reforms like adding 4 new Senate seats with DC and PR becoming states and to add 3 more SCOTUS seats.
Otherwise, we will be doomed to GOP rule due to voter suppression.

diverdownjt (542 posts)

8. start by re-instating the fairness doctrine for broadcasters....

Unlawful to directly lie on any broadcast...punishable by real time for the CEO.

Star Member RainCaster (7,342 posts)

15. Punishment should include time off the air

Eventually losing your fcc license.

Star Member live love laugh (6,622 posts)

39. Fairness doctrine didn't make lying unlawful on any broadcast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.commondreams.org/views/2019/01/10/4-reasons-corporate-media-refuses-talk-about-things-matter%3famp

The Fairness Doctrine required radio and TV stations... to “pay” for their use of the public airwaves (the property of We the People) with actual news. It was called “broadcasting in the public interest.”

... networks actually lost money on their news divisions, and those divisions operated entirely separately from the entertainment programming divisions of the networks.
CBS, ABC, and NBC had bureaus all around the world and employed an army of reporters. At the little radio station where I worked in Lansing, Michigan, in the 1970s (WITL), we had, as I recall, five people staffing the newsroom, and it was a firing offense if we were caught hanging out with the sales staff. While stations lost money on news, the payoff was the much larger sums they could earn with entertainment during the rest of the hour or day.

The Fairness Doctrine also encouraged a discussion of the issues of the day with the “balanced commentary” (probably not the official name; it’s what we called it in the ’70s) requirement. This did not say that if a station carried an hour of Limbaugh, they’d have to balance it with an hour of Hartmann. “Entertainment” programming (see Joe Pyne, William F. Buckley, etc., etc.) could have any tilt it wanted.

But when a station ran an editorial on the air that conveyed the opinion of the station’s owners, they then had to allow a member of the community to come on the air and present a balancing and different perspective. If this provision was still in the regulations, every time Sinclair Broadcast Group requires their local stations to air their “must-carry” right-wing editorials, they’d have to follow them with a left-wing perspective rebutting their points

Star Member live love laugh (6,622 posts)

51. Isn't the reason Fox is labeled as "entertainment" so that they circumvent the fairness requirement?

I think many RW media also do the same.

If the doctrine were reintroduced they might not have to adhere to it based on that designation.

DENVERPOPS (4,488 posts)

55. We have "truth in lending" laws

We desparately need "Truth In Reporting" laws...............

Reagan obliterated the Fairness Doctrine and the right wing has been capitalizing on it ever since.

He also did away with the laws concerning limiting ownership of TV and Radio stations, and you see where that has gotten us.

Actually, the Reagan "Administration" is a falsehood. It was, in fact, the HWBush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/ administration. Exact same ones in the so called "WBush" administration..................of the last 40 years, those three individuals dominated and controlled the Federal Government.

Daddy Bush was THE COMMON THREAD thru the Republican administrations for the last 50 years. No one usually acknowledges that.......

He and his bestest of buddies Cheney/Rumsfeld/ et al.................

Star Member Kid Berwyn (5,805 posts)

3. If they're not prosecuted, they'll try again and again.

And when they succeed, they won’t give Democracy the same courtesy.

Star Member Kid Berwyn (5,805 posts)

44. Agree totally. It would change the balance of power, however.

So many pukes in the House and enough in the Senate are guilty of insurrection that their removal would give Democrats super majorities. Liberal, progressive, positive legislation to make this a better nation would get passed. And we’d get rid of the NAZIs, klansmen and puppets of Putin.

For some reason, that bothers some people to the point of murder.

bucolic_frolic (24,070 posts)

6. They are disruptors and should be shunned, fired, ostracized. Insanity is disconnection from reality

We must help them reach their destination - the Asylum.

Star Member gab13by13 (3,129 posts)

13. Kentuck is spot on,

Trump isn't the problem now. Trump lit the fuse. Trump got fascists, got racists, got Nazis elected, put them in the courts, they are in the military, in law enforcement, in the MSM.

Look at what states are doing. States are rigging elections. States are all but banning the right to protest. It is not certain that the Supreme Court will overturn these Constitutional abuses.

Drastic measures are needed. Democrats need to push for 4 more SC justices.

You are spot on Kentuck, the coup continues, but the end goal is the elimination of our democracy, the elimination of our Constitutional Republic.

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

:whatever:

Star Member Ford_Prefect (4,433 posts)

14. It is the literal extension of Trump's stochastic terrorism. It is part of a much larger plan.

We need to stop them. We also need to expose the people like Koch, Mercer and those still hidden in the shadows for the conniving thieves they are. They are the ones who have built and direct the machinery of the GOP leaders who now attack our Republic.

We need to take them down. We need to show how people like the late Sheldon Adelson have paid and directed others to tell and repeat the big lies. We need to expose the workings of the machine they built to do this with. We need to make clear the coordination and financial links between the Oath Keepers and other RW violent groups, and The Council For National Policy (CNP) along with Charles Koch and his late brother David. And let us not forget the illegal actions taken by the Republican Attorneys General Association to foment the Jan 6th uprising, and everything they have done since to dismantle Truth, Justice, and the American way of life.

Oneironaut (3,852 posts)

22. Half the country would rather have Fascism than allow minorities to be equal.

Trump is a symptom of a larger issue. Segregation still exists, and it’s an unspoken rule that black people don’t belong in white neighborhoods. This unspoken rule is still enforced by the police.

More unspoken rules are that minorities don’t deserve money, political power, the same jobs, and the same education. White people try to guard “what’s ours” from minorities, and it’s enforced at a systemic level.

The ability white people have to enforce these rules is faltering. That’s why we’re freaking out. White people are turning to Fascism because we want to get that power back. We’re scared that our caste (which allows us to feel superior to the lower castes) is combining with the castes we perceive as inferior: (Racial minorities, LGBT, etc.). It might not be you in particular that feels this way, but too many white people do, at least at some level. From the moment we’re born, white people are taught that they are superior to others just because they were born white, even if subtly through cultural messaging.

I’m not sure what the answer is. I think the only thing we can do is keep pushing against Fascism, and integrate everyone as quickly as possible to get the growing pains over with. The chickens from our history of slavery and segregation are coming home to roost, and we have to deal with this now whether we like it or not.

fwvinson (237 posts)

23. There needs to be a way to bankrupt Fox News, and all the right wing bs channels.

Eliminate the Murdock family from this earth would be a good start.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: The lies, if permitted to continue, will destroy America.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 04:51:58 PM »
that's rich coming from the group who still believe the 2000 election was stolen.....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 05:04:40 PM »
that's rich coming from the group who still believe the 2000 election was stolen.....

And being a person who follows politics quite closely, no conservatives are even talking about the purported "stolen" election anymore.  It seems to be an albatross or cudgel that libs are using.  So I don't know where, other than his/her/its anus that Kentuck is pulling this absurd claim from.

Yes, we're pissed that President Trump lost.  Yes, there were certainly some shenanigans involved by the left.  But I'm over it, and wish it would have been investigated a bit further.

And this absurd maguffin being illuminated by the left is VERY rich considering they still think not only 2000 was stolen, but so was 2016.  Ya know, Russia... :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 05:31:58 PM »

Apparently there are DU members who contend that every R POTUS since Ike or Hoover was elected fraudulently.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 05:33:27 PM »

1. History shows us that Fascism must be destroyed at the earliest opportunity because

after that it becomes very difficult and costly in many ways to do the job. It's already

The first step to defeating the fascists failed when the courts sided with Democrats.

The next step won't be real soon, but it will involve blood.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 07:03:03 PM »
Finally kentuck gets something right.

Our insurrection against their sedition continues.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 07:23:37 PM »

I agree! So, let's stop the illegal corporate monopolies on social media, the circumvention of the 1st Amendment, the attempts to overhaul the election system that doesn't need fixing (since the last election was purportedly very secure), the disarming of the population, the expansion of the Supreme Court, the addition of states to bolster one party's presence in the legislature, the virtually state-run mainstream media, the unconstitutional lockdowns, the lack of transparency in government, the protection of domestic terrorists, the indoctrination of our children, and the use of government to punish political opponents. Let's promote capitalism and freedom and all that good stuff.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:54:15 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 10:46:00 PM »
Wow, so much projection in that thread. DUmbasses are so blind that the things they attribute to the right is actually coming from the the left.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 08:59:17 AM »
Response to kentuck (Original post)Fri Apr 23, 2021, 02:44 PM
raptor_rider (1,003 posts)
52. If there is nothing to hide

And the election was fair and square, and why is there such a high fight on audits??
Confuses my liberal mind.. with the way this admin has been portraying themselves, I’m thinking we ****ed up, royally.. They have two big countries pissed at us.
Welcome to DU!

Response to kentuck (Original post)Sat Apr 24, 2021, 04:55 AM
Star Member COL Mustard (1,450 posts)
71. Unfortunately They Think We're The Liars

Their side is right; any other side is wrong.

We’re in deep shit right now.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
Modern-day liberals have yet to realize that if America ever became what they desire it to be (a combination of the worst of the USSR, communist China, and North Korea), then it would deserve to be destroyed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 09:10:52 AM »
Wow, so much projection in that thread. DUmbasses are so blind that the things they attribute to the right is actually coming from the the left.
I remember the sixties when the democrats controlled everything but STILL blamed republicans for problems.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
Nice find! There's a healthy heapin' of stooped in that there thread. :rofl:

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 11:43:48 AM »
"We must change the current perceived definition of freedom of speech..."
Scratch a liberal, find a fascist.
Attempting to change the definition of freedom of speech, even in the interest of curbing speech that the majority of people find genuinely repugnant (i.e. The KKK and similar groups openly preaching racial hate), sets an incredibly dangerous precedent which can pave the way for the complete abolition of any speech that anyone finds offensive, which is nothing less than sheer tyranny.

"

Unlawful to directly lie on any broadcast...punishable by real time for the CEO."
Ugh, this again?
It's just the Dems attempting to silence any speech that they disagree with.
btw, if they got their way, after using the renewed "Fairness Doctrine" to shut down Fox News, it's pretty much guaranteed that their next targets will be the Christian TV and radio stations. Any Christian TV or radio station that espouses any kind of Christian theology on the air will be required by law to devote equal airtime to praising Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Wicca, Satanism, etc., or else be forcefully shut down by Big Daddy Government.
They want the entire United States of America to become one gigantic DU forum: A left- wing echo chamber in which any dissenting views are forcefully silenced and punished.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2021, 04:48:40 PM »
I have an idea: If you want to promote unity, stop spreading the lie that there are neo-NAZIs about to build the fourth Reich hiding under everyone's bed.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 08:26:47 AM »
Remember when you were allowed to suggest elections were stolen because the patriarch of a political family flew an SR-71 to meet with the leaders of a foreign nation holding Americans hostage in their own embassy so as to humiliate the sitting POTUS?

Good times.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »
Nice find! There's a healthy heapin' of stooped in that there thread. :rofl:

To be honest a healthy heapin' of stupid in a DU thread is normal.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 01:53:26 PM »

And yet, the democrat party continues to exist.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 02:12:18 PM »
Apparently there are DU members who contend that every R POTUS since Ike or Hoover was elected fraudulently.

Given the way they're trying to get blacks back on the plantation rather than thinking freely, perhaps going back to Lincoln...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »
Given the way they're trying to get blacks back on the plantation rather than thinking freely, perhaps going back to Lincoln...

They'd try to go back even farther ... because facts don't matter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »
diverdownjt (542 posts)

Unlawful to directly lie on any broadcast...punishable by real time for the CEO.
Maybe not such a bad rule. A lot of left wing airheads who would be seeing the inside of a jail cell.  :-)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 10:18:11 AM »
Star Member kentuck (101,330 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215366407

They will destroy America for Republicans. They will destroy America for Democrats. There is no way to survive in a dual reality, especially when one is so blatantly untrue.

Well, if you and your moonbat buddies would knock it off, sit down and shut up, the country would be safe again, then wouldn't it?  Y'all lying about racism, cops, "non-violent" protests, gang violence, illegal immigration, jobs, who's butt you're pulling all this "covid relief" and "infrastructure" money out of, lying that Joe Biden isn't going senile, that someone isn't pulling his strings, that Jan 6 was an insurrection ordered and organized by Trump, and that any of your great leaders give two taco Tuesday squirts about you, me or anyone other then themselves and their off-shore bank accounts. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.