Author Topic: 9 juveniles injured in gunfight that broke out at 12-year-old's birthday party  (Read 411 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/juveniles-injured-gunfight-broke-12-year-olds-birthday/story?id=77182959

Sub headline

An estimated 60 people were at the party. Not one has given a formal statement.

::)

snip

“Through further investigation, officers discovered nine juveniles were injured,” St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a media statement. “Of the nine, seven were treated at a local hospital and released. Two remain in the hospital in stable condition. Those injured were a 17-year-old male shot in the arm; a 16-year-old male grazed in the ribs; a 15-year-old male with a graze wound to the ankle; a 15-year-old male shot in the foot; a 14-year-old male shot in the leg; a 13-year-old male shot in the leg; and a 12-year-old shot in both legs. A 16-year-old male shot in the stomach and a 14-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the head remain in the hospital.”

Authorities believe that an estimated 60 young people were at the 12-year-old’s birthday party and that two groups of male juveniles who have an ongoing feud with each other began arguing at some point during the party which is what eventually led to the shootout.

snip

Note things that are lacking, like mentions of race, in this snip the "groups of male juveniles who have an ongoing feud" that would be changed to "gangs" at any other time, and anyone willing to "snitch" to get anything done about the problem.  How many will get shot next time cause no one wants to talk?  As of this article, no one is dead yet, but someone will be eventually, and it's not the gun's fault, it will be due to a culture that says ACAB and snitches get stitches. 

Enough hits to get included in the mass shooting numbers to encourage gun grabbing, but nothing will be mentioned or done about the real issues.   :banghead:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

Must have been a white supremacist Q-anon gathering to celebrate someone's birthday  :fuelfire:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  As long as root causes are not acknowledged and addressed, the problem will continue.  It's far too easy to place blame everywhere it doesn't belong.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  As long as root causes are not acknowledged and addressed, the problem will continue.  It's far too easy to place blame everywhere it doesn't belong.

KC

Democrats claim that we need to have an "honest conversation about race". The problem is that they refuse to admit certain fundamental facts.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The Dems' "honest conversation" about race has already been held. To them, whitey is to blame for everything, going back to 1619.

Case closed.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.