Author Topic: President Reagan shot 40 years ago today, media doesn't notice  (Read 533 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C. hotel by a deranged drifter named John Hinckley Jr.

The president had just finished addressing a labor meeting at the Washington Hilton Hotel and was walking with his entourage to his limousine when Hinckley, standing among a group of reporters, fired six shots at the president, hitting Reagan and three of his attendants. White House Press Secretary James Brady was shot in the head and critically wounded, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy was shot in the side, and District of Columbia policeman Thomas Delahanty was shot in the neck. After firing the shots, Hinckley was overpowered and pinned against a wall, and President Reagan, apparently unaware that he’d been shot, was shoved into his limousine by a Secret Service agent and rushed to the hospital.

The president was shot in the left lung, and the .22 caliber bullet just missed his heart. In an impressive feat for a 70-year-old man with a collapsed lung, he walked into George Washington University Hospital under his own power. As he was treated and prepared for surgery, he was in good spirits and quipped to his wife, Nancy, ”Honey, I forgot to duck,” and to his surgeons, “Please tell me you’re Republicans.” Reagan’s surgery lasted two hours, and he was listed in stable and good condition afterward.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-reagan-shot

Find it quite interesting that the only major cable website that has reported anything about this is Fox News.

Try a Google, DuckDuckGo, or Bing search and there are NO news stories other than Fox.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Re: President Reagan shot 40 years ago today, media doesn't notice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 06:56:40 PM »
On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C. hotel by a deranged drifter named John Hinckley Jr.

The president had just finished addressing a labor meeting at the Washington Hilton Hotel and was walking with his entourage to his limousine when Hinckley, standing among a group of reporters, fired six shots at the president, hitting Reagan and three of his attendants. White House Press Secretary James Brady was shot in the head and critically wounded, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy was shot in the side, and District of Columbia policeman Thomas Delahanty was shot in the neck. After firing the shots, Hinckley was overpowered and pinned against a wall, and President Reagan, apparently unaware that he’d been shot, was shoved into his limousine by a Secret Service agent and rushed to the hospital.

The president was shot in the left lung, and the .22 caliber bullet just missed his heart. In an impressive feat for a 70-year-old man with a collapsed lung, he walked into George Washington University Hospital under his own power. As he was treated and prepared for surgery, he was in good spirits and quipped to his wife, Nancy, ”Honey, I forgot to duck,” and to his surgeons, “Please tell me you’re Republicans.” Reagan’s surgery lasted two hours, and he was listed in stable and good condition afterward.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-reagan-shot

Find it quite interesting that the only major cable website that has reported anything about this is Fox News.

Try a Google, DuckDuckGo, or Bing search and there are NO news stories other than Fox.

Oh they *do* notice alright, and hate everything he stood for back then, still to this day.

"Find it quite interesting that the only major cable website that has reported anything about this is Fox News."

I find it interesting as well, and very happy to see it ...

But also surprised, what with the lefty sons now being in charge of FNC.
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 06:58:38 PM »
I think the important thing to remember is: It was a white male.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 07:05:43 PM »
I think the important thing to remember is: It was a white male.

Ooh!  Silly me. Yes of course, that *is* the reason!!!

:clap: :clap:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:10:06 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:34 PM »
I remember the day well.  i had just walked into the BX at Castle AFB and heard an announcement over the PA system announcing the shooting and that the condition of the President was unknown at that time.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 08:28:58 AM »
In honor of him, a very brief clip of one of his more famous lines:

The 9 most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

https://youtu.be/nCedOQJ0ZEA
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »
The only two truly republic supporting presidents were both shot in my lifetime. Regrettably JFK did not survive.

There was an anniversary blurb re: Ronnie last night on one of the talking head channels. I couldn’t tell you which one.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!