Author Topic: Was Twitter a test bed?  (Read 426 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Was Twitter a test bed?
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:23:00 AM »
When Twatter started banning people many said it was a violation of 1st Amendment rights, particularly as viewed through Section 230.

With complete disregard to Section 230, the response inevitably came back as, "It's a private company. The Bill of Rights only applies to the government."

During the time I participated in that debate on Twatter (before being banned) I would ask what other rights private companies were allowed to violate. Could, for example, a company violate your 4th Amendment rights protecting you against unreasonable search and seizure?

Well, it appears that the illegitimate regime has already begun to answer my question - and not in favor of the people and their rights:

Homeland Security is now getting ready to hire public companies, individual contractors outside government, to scour public data and social media in order to provide information for the new "domestic terror watch lists." From the description it appears DHS is going to pay "big tech" (Google, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter, etc.), via contracts, to hire and organize internal monitoring teams to assist the government by sending information on citizens they deem "dangerous."
Gee, what could possibly go wrong with this?...

NBC is reporting on these new developments as the U.S. intelligence apparatus is preparing to go live with the assembly of lists of Americans who "could be" potential threats to the government; and need to be watched.

However, even NBC is beginning to realize the consequences:

"DHS planning to expand relationships with companies that scour public data for intelligence and to better harness the vast trove of data it already collects on Americans. The department is also contemplating changes to its terrorist watch listing process."

Expand your thinking to what was initiated with the COVID model for "contact tracing" and you can quickly see how physical proximity to a rogue dissident, a person with wrong thoughts -- aka a domestic extremist, can result in you being labeled along with that dissident... and you are on the list. Then overlay the efforts of Big Tech to assist the administrative state with an electronic trail of your habits, contacts, phone calls, text messages and internet patterns... and you are on the list.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/03/26/dhs-preparing-to-use-private-contractors-to-scour-public-data-and-social-media-to-compile-dissident-citizens-for-watch-list-and-no-fly-lists/

The fact that this comes mere months after the social media purge leaves me curious to wonder if these are 2 separately occurring phenomenon, or whether they are linked with the public's tolerance for the social media bans serving as the gateway to domestic spying on political rivals.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: Was Twitter a test bed?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »
What bothered me about the purging of conservatives is that they effectively violated my 1st amendment rights when they banned me. It was no different than President Trump blocking someone on twitter.

They denied me my rights to easily follow my elected representatives and blocked my right to address them on an open forum.

Democrats are doing an all out end run around the Bill of Rights and the MSM is covering for them.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 05:22:50 PM »

Yes, and now they plan on following the same pattern to violate your 4th Amendment rights.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 07:03:16 PM »
So, I guess republicans are on spring break for a couple years while Dementia Joe destroys America.

I know republicans can't block or pass laws BUT democrats have no problem getting their ENTIRE party to bitch about Trump and republicans.

Hopefully republicans can come back off spring break in time to create some NOISE.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne