Author Topic: The Washington Post's Fake Trump Quote Scandal Is a Lot Worse Than You Think  (Read 484 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The Washington Post's Fake Trump Quote Scandal Is a Lot Worse Than You Think
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/15/the-washington-posts-fake-trump-quote-scandal-is-a-lot-worse-than-you-think-n1432763

The media conspiracy against Trump became a lot more serious on Monday when the Washington Post retracted its January story claiming that President Donald Trump had pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to “find the fraud” in the 2020 election and said that he’d be a “national hero” if he did.

A recording of the call definitively proved that the quotes cited by the Washington Post, and then parroted by other outlets, were never actually said by the president at all.

But, as Becket Adams explains at the Washington Examiner, “the Washington Post’s dud of a ‘bombshell’ isn’t even the most scandalous thing about this episode in media malfeasance.”

The most scandalous thing, Adams, argues, is that several different newsrooms “claimed they independently ‘confirmed’ the original ‘scoop’ with anonymous sources of their own.”

Fake news. Just confirms all along.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
If they didn't lie they wouldn't have anything to report.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
And they'll get away with it.  Nothing will be done.  These quotes were used during the impeachment and helped the dems get the result they wanted, so it's all good!

Personally I think any reporter who blatantly lies in a story should have their media card pulled. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

And they'll get away with it.  Nothing will be done.  These quotes were used during the impeachment and helped the dems get the result they wanted, so it's all good!

Personally I think any reporter who blatantly lies in a story should have their media card pulled. 

KC

agree.  it's a form of professional malpractice
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

When you're old enough you can recognize when a car hits a deep pothole at the wrong angle...  They're looking at a cracked suspension.

The paper would already sell at a loss... after starting the month holding the bag on Khashoggi.  -Guess they don't have any 'pull' where it counts anymore.  And it's getting worse if they think they'll survive by doing non-news Dem puff-pieces.   

Offline thundley4

KC

I would go even further. Any news agency/magazine/network/website that runs with the story when it affects national security, would lose all access in federal buildings.