Author Topic: Dear Rich, Coastal Liberals,  (Read 412 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Dear Rich, Coastal Liberals,
« on: March 11, 2021, 04:46:34 AM »
LOLGF

The dissidents use pseudonyms and turn off their videos when they meet for clandestine Zoom calls. They are usually coordinating soccer practices and carpools, but now they come together to strategize. They say that they could face profound repercussions if anyone knew they were talking.
But the situation of late has become too egregious for emails or complaining on conference calls. So one recent weekend, on a leafy street in West Los Angeles, they gathered in person and invited me to join.

In a backyard behind a four-bedroom home, ten people sat in a circle of plastic Adirondack chairs, eating bags of Skinny Pop. These are the rebels: well-off Los Angeles parents who send their children to Harvard-Westlake, the most prestigious private school in the city.

By normal American standards, they are quite wealthy. By the standards of Harvard-Westlake, they are average. These are two-career couples who credit their own success not to family connections or inherited wealth but to their own education. So it strikes them as something more than ironic that a school that costs more than $40,000 a year--a school with Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett's right hand, and Sarah Murdoch, wife of Lachlan and Rupert's daughter-in-law, on its board--is teaching students that capitalism is evil.

For most parents, the demonization of capitalism is the least of it. They say that their children tell them they�re afraid to speak up in class. Most of all, they worry that the school's new plan to become an "anti-racist institution" -- unveiled this July, in a 20-page document -- is making their kids fixate on race and attach importance to it in ways that strike them as grotesque.

"They are making my son feel like a racist because of the pigmentation of his skin," one mother says....

"The school can ask you to leave for any reason," said one mother at Brentwood, another Los Angeles prep school. "Then you�ll be blacklisted from all the private schools and you�ll be known as a racist, which is worse than being called a murderer."

One private school parent, born in a Communist nation, tells me: "I came to this country escaping the very same fear of retaliation that now my own child feels." Another joked: "We need to feed our families. Oh, and pay $50,000 a year to have our children get indoctrinated."

Woe betide the working-class kid who arrives in college and uses Latino instead of "Latinx," or who stumbles conjugating verbs because a classmate prefers to use the pronouns they/them. Fluency in woke is an effective class marker and key for these princelings to retain status in university and beyond. The parents know this, and so woke is now the lingua franca of the nation's best prep schools. As one mother in Los Angeles puts it: "This is what all the colleges are doing, so we have to do it. The thinking is: if Harvard does it, it must be good."

"I am in a cult. Well, that's not exactly right. It's that the cult is all around me and I am trying to save kids from becoming members." He sounds like a Scientology defector, but he is a math teacher at one of the most elite high schools in New York City.

This teacher is talking with me because he is alarmed by the toll this ideology is taking on his students. "I started seeing what was happening to the kids. And that's what I couldn't take. They are being educated in resentment and fear. It's extremely dangerous."

https://www.city-journal.org/the-miseducation-of-americas-elites

We warned you, assholes.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Dear Rich, Coastal Liberals,
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:32 AM »
It's long past time to point out that the pushers, the enthusiasts, of these racial ideas are.....lily white themselves.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person seeing this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 07:53:10 AM »
Wow!  As I read that article I kept looking at the page thinking I was reading something from the Onion or the Babylon Bee!! 

Parents who have spoken out against this ideology, even in private ways, say it hasn’t gone over well. “I had a conversation with a friend, and I asked him: ‘Is there anything about this movement we should question?’” said a father with children in two prep schools in Manhattan. “And he said: ‘Dude, that’s dangerous ground you’re on in our friendship.’ I’ve had enough of those conversations to know what happens.”

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 08:40:02 AM »
it's a self inflicted wound.  They see the problem but keep spending $40k a year to put their kids thru indoctrination.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »
**** 'em. Until they ruck up and strap on an AR-15, they're no more a victim than Meghan Markle and her stooge husband.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 04:06:01 PM »
it's a self inflicted wound.  They see the problem but keep spending $40k a year to put their kids thru indoctrination.

To put it in words that liberals understand: Silence is consent.