Author Topic: California To Allow Reopening Of Disneyland,Outdoor Sports Stadiums on April 1  (Read 367 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

Nothing like the threat of a recall to get the attention of governor newscum...

California health officials announced on Friday that the state will allow reopening of outdoor stadiums, ball parks and theme parks beginning April 1st.

The Department of Health says events and venues are for California residents only. Masks will be mandatory.

Live performances/sports with fans can begin in all tiers of the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Theme parks open in Red tier, which for Los Angeles, could be as soon as March 29. Numbers in L.A. County are expected to reach the red tier threshold next Tuesday. They then just need to stay there for three consecutive weeks to qualify LA parks for reopening.
https://deadline.com/2021/03/california-reopen-theme-parks-disneyland-stadiums-1234708201/

I got a call from Angels Baseball yesterday asking if my crew is ready and if we can provide pyro for opening day on April 1 and subsequent games.  They say we will open to a max attendance of 9,000 and then increase as the numbers as covid cases decline more.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Nothing like the threat of a recall to get the attention of governor newscum...
https://deadline.com/2021/03/california-reopen-theme-parks-disneyland-stadiums-1234708201/

I got a call from Angels Baseball yesterday asking if my crew is ready and if we can provide pyro for opening day on April 1 and subsequent games.  They say we will open to a max attendance of 9,000 and then increase as the numbers as covid cases decline more.

Any time an establishment forces me to wear a mask, and it's the kind of establishment that offers entertainment and there's no mandate for me to be there, it's guaranteed that I will not attend. Will not spend money, will not participate, will not do anything to further that particular event.

Period.

I'm a Patriot Guard Rider, meaning that I serve the families and friends of those who have passed away. Those who have passed are most often veterans or first responders. PGR missions take place at funeral homes, cemeteries, or anywhere where PGR presence is requested by the family. It's a matter of standing in honor of those who have served, and there is not one time when I am not moved by that experience.

The PGR "captain" in this area, like the dutiful little Nazi he is, never fails to put in his announcement to those who would participate that "CDC guidelines are in effect" meaning, of course, that masks and social distancing are mandatory.

I wrote him and his Brownshirt buddies and told him as long as they adhere to that bullshit "mandate", I will not participate.

Their loss, not mine.

PGR missions are not mandatory. They're a way of serving my community. But when the community leaders are so stupid as to mandate something that has no basis in fact or of principle, I vote with my feet.

I have torn Asa Hutchinson, the governor of Arkansas, a new asshole on this matter. He's a lame duck and he doesn't give a shit but he'll play footsie with the shriekers and the naysayers.

**** that. Time to stop wearing the ******* diaper on the face.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.